Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

more pop-rock for the kids, hurray :rolleyes:

Ahh please god no... Seen them there was is last year or year before... Worst minutes of my life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brandnewhero

Who cares if they're headlining or not? blink-182 are actually my favourite band in the world. But I'm just glad to be able to see them again, less than a year since I saw them last. Their o2 gig was unbelievable. They're a great live band. They're full of energy and are funny ****ers as well! They're obviously more famous than Arctic Monkeys, but Arctic Monkeys are headlining because they're bigger in Ireland/UK because they're from England. But worldwide, blink-182 are more famous. If this festival was in any European country outside the UK and Ireland, and Arctic Monkeys and blink-182 were playing, blink-182 would most likely be headlining and not Arctic Monkeys because they're more famous worldwide! Now let's stop arguing and just be happy that we get to see blink-182!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

I ll be the happiest man alive if the chemical brothers play.

hope deadmau5 will be back.

magnetic man and chase & status look certain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Chase & status look certain :)

They were very good at this years Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

They were very good at this years Oxegen.

gutted missed them to be in the front row for the prodigy =/ was well worth it though, the prodge drummer (Leo) and guitarist (Rob) saw me from sidestage during 30STM wearing my prodigy tshirt and i started going bananas waving at em :D Leo threw me the drumstick after the gig :D flashback, sorry =)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who cares if they're headlining or not? blink-182 are actually my favourite band in the world. But I'm just glad to be able to see them again, less than a year since I saw them last. Their o2 gig was unbelievable. They're a great live band. They're full of energy and are funny ****ers as well! They're obviously more famous than Arctic Monkeys, but Arctic Monkeys are headlining because they're bigger in Ireland/UK because they're from England. But worldwide, blink-182 are more famous. If this festival was in any European country outside the UK and Ireland, and Arctic Monkeys and blink-182 were playing, blink-182 would most likely be headlining and not Arctic Monkeys because they're more famous worldwide! Now let's stop arguing and just be happy that we get to see blink-182!
    They didnt headline Pukkelpop when they played ...............But anyways get what your saying.

Im hoping i get to work at it so i finally get the chance to meet this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Toomey_7

Artic Monkeys are going to be epic!!!! plus hope biffy clyro are there again, absolutly savage last year! And to top it off mumford and sons last act of oxegen 2010 if they return ill be on every happy camper! (clever pun?? no? ok :(:( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jaysus I hope Mumford and Sons aren't there, can't stand them at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

baz2009 wrote: »
    Jaysus I hope Mumford and Sons aren't there, can't stand them at all anymore.

May I ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Toomey_7 wrote: »
    Artic Monkeys are going to be epic!!!! plus hope biffy clyro are there again, absolutly savage last year! And to top it off mumford and sons last act of oxegen 2010 if they return ill be on every happy camper! (clever pun?? no? ok :(:( )

Hopefully they'll put Mumford and Sons on at a good time if they do get them. I went to see them but it really annoyed me that they clashed with Eminem, they should have been on Main stage, third/fourth last or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Yeah I was sickened I missed Mumford last year aswell.By all acounts they were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

May I ask why?
    Heard one song, heard 'em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Black Eyed Peas are confirmed according to the Oxegen Facebook fanpage.

ffs

I used to love them so much,,then The E.N.D came out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

DJKendo wrote: »

ffs

They were pretty awesome last year though. Can't think where to put them though, they've already headlined 2nd stage but they'd only get an hour max on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pace2008 wrote: »

+1

Black Eyed Peas? Meh
    MCD wrote:
    OXEGEN - EUROPE'S FAVOURITE ROCK N ROLL POP ****E WEEKEND!

Fixed that for you there MCD :rolleyes:

I like the way they've been announcing acts this year, nice little surprises every couple of days. Didn't catch B.E.P last year, I saw their first song, Lets Get It Started, I thought the background visuals were deadly, hopefully they wont be clashing with someone good this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Not happy with that announcement. So far out of 6 acts, I only want to see 3: Foos, Blink and You Me At Six

Not happy with that announcement. So far out of 6 acts, I only want to see 3: Foos, Blink and You Me At Six

OMG! You only want to see half the acts announced already...thats terrible, no point in going really :P

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Hopefully they won't be headlining. Their new album flopped didn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE GIVE PENDULUM A HEADLINE SLOT

09 was crazy and if they got a 2 hour headline slot it would be even better, vodafone stage would be perfect or the heineken tent.
    Hopefully they won't be headlining. Their new album flopped didn't it?
    By their standards it kind of did, but that was compared to the massive The END album before it. It still sold pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

OMG! You only want to see half the acts announced already...thats terrible, no point in going really :P
    You know what I mean :P It will depend on what else is announced before I get my ticket

May I ask why?
    Pace2008 wrote: »

Basically.
    And for about 4 months straight they were on every radio station, every jukebox and every music channel every time I was near one.-_-
    DJKendo wrote: »

ffs

Perve on Fergie.\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I have seen a few posts questioning whether Arctic Monkeys will be a headline act or not and i just wanna say of course they will be headlining, they headlined Glastonbury 07 after the release of their second album. They might have album four out by the time Oxegen comes so they will be headlining.

As for Blink 182 i think they will have the same kind of slot that Jay-Z had last year, co-headlining with someone else. The same as Snow Patrol and Blur did the year before.

And Black Eyed Peas should headline the toilet stage, utter ****e. Just my opinion, dont wanna offend anyone ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Black Eyed Peas ffs. Everything after Where Is The Love? is utter garbage.

Black Eyed Peas ffs. Everything after Where Is The Love? is utter garbage.

Every time I hear I Gotta Feeling I die a little inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Every time I hear I Gotta Feeling I die a little inside.

I gotta feeling youre damn fcuking right

Is Tallest Man on Earth a possibility for one of the other stages during the day?
    Fairly sure I heard he was class at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

is there actually anyone on this thread that likes the Black eyed peas?

teddy b123 wrote: »
    is there actually anyone on this thread that likes the Black eyed peas?

They're ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Is Tallest Man on Earth a possibility for one of the other stages during the day?
    Fairly sure I heard he was class at EP.

Playing Vicar Street next June so very unlikely.

Advertisement