Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We know he's sh!t.No need to keep repeating his name

how is eminem possibly ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

although i enjoyed eminem last year i dont think rappers should be performing at oxegen. i wanna see more decent rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Debating whether to go three years in a row, this year I would like to see..

Mumford and Sons
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Green Day
    We Are Sceintists
    Pendulm
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
    30 Seconds to Mars(Main stage this year).

See what the other festivals have to offer, just thought of those off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Wouldn't mind:

The Killers
    Chillis
    Kanye West
    Green Day
    Radiohead
    Deadmau5
    Steve Aoki
    Daft Punk
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Kid Cudi
    Snow Patrol
    Mumford & Sons
    Coldplay

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

recyclops wrote: »
    That would be fantastic but sadly with cash mcd will throw em it's highly unlikely

Jarvis ain't about the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My money is all over

Foo Fighters
    Coldplay

and then the third headliner something red hot chili peppers.

I'm pretty sure Biffy clyro will be back aswell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Personally Biffy before Foo's would be quite epic (like the Milton Keynes gig)

Then maybe one of the days on the O2 stage

Limp Bizkit
    Deftones

Joint headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd say Pulp are more EP than Oxegen.

Someone mentioned Suede earlier... I could definitely see them headline the Green Room tent one of the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Pendulum
    Kanyé
    B.o.B
    Brandon Flowers
    Paramore
    Tinie Tempah

I predict them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

DJKendo wrote: »
    Pendulum
    Kanyé
    B.o.B
    Brandon Flowers
    Paramore
    Tinie Tempah

I predict them

i fear you may be right with some of these (imo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Limp Bizkit
    Deftones

Joint headliners

I'm sorry but.............. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Personally Biffy before Foo's would be quite epic (like the Milton Keynes gig)

Then maybe one of the days on the O2 stage

Limp Bizkit
    Deftones

Joint headliners

Limp Bizkit would be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Pendulum would be EPIC..

Danger781 wrote: »
    Pendulum would be EPIC..

Could see them headlining Vodafone Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

my daughter has me plagued to go to Oxygen 2011. Any help out there...
    What is the age profile of those going, any general advice (prob a stupid question!)
    Any pointers appreciated

normanbond wrote: »
    What is the age profile of those going, any general advice (prob a stupid question!)
    Any pointers appreciated

Yeah the majority of campers will be between 16 and 22? (Although it says strictly 17 id blah blah, they tend to be laxed within reason.)

It's 245 euro (assumption) for 3 days fesht and the thursday night before. 225 for no thursday.
    200 for no camping.

You will probably save about 20 euro if you buy the early bird ticket before christmas, i would also recommend buying the ticket from an outlet as opposed to online, that could save another 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I've never been to Oxygen myself, but from listening to friends experiences:

-Bring plenty of water
    -Bring dry foods
    -Bring plenty of clothes. I'm probably going to wrap mine in plastic because you're almost guaratneed the weather will be ****e

Any pointers appreciated

As Mr.S said it's around 17-25 or thereabouts. I went for the first time when I was 16, going again in 2011 more than likely. I.D is a must as they are pretty strict on that if they believe you are under 17. Going with a big group of friends is probably the best way to go, even though she may end up going around with just one or two friends who have the same music taste as her(that's what I did anyways).

There will be scumbags at the festival, if you are with a group you're usually fine, but the majority of people there are grand. Don't bring any valuebles as people do go looking through tents for them. In the two years I have went I could tell our tent was looked through, but it didn't matter, the only thing that was considered valueable in there was alcohol :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

seanbmc,
    ID? hahaha..went in twice being underage without any papers whatsoever..and saw a group of like 14 year olds who did look 14 go in no bother right in front of me this year :D

seanbmc,
    ID? hahaha..went in twice being underage without any papers whatsoever..and saw a group of like 14 year olds who did look 14 go in no bother right in front of me this year :D

Doubt they were 14 year olds tbh, but yeah I was never checked but I know of people who were refused last year for having no I.D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

ha yea but judging from the stewards at it, if u do happen to be asked ID - 20 euro ish will solve the problem. Thank God thats not gonna an issue for me next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

Any pointers appreciated

I'm sure that she'd like to do the '3 day thing', but can you buy a one day (overnight) ticket with campsite?
    Where are the buses to the festival departing from...is it a shuttle service from nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

My Chemical Romance. :D
    Hopefully, good chance of them :pac:

I'm sure that she'd like to do the '3 day thing', but can you buy a one day (overnight) ticket with campsite?
    Where are the buses to the festival departing from...is it a shuttle service from nearby?

You can't buy a one night with camping. The shuttle service I thought was excellent this year, it departs from the front gate to the bus stop in Nass. Apparently it cost them €250,000+ this year and that it was going to be reviewed, but I thought it was great there was no waiting for the buses they were line up waiting for people for the most part, after the last bands each night at the festival site they were also loading 7 buses at once. They were much more efficiant than say download fest... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

Headliners-
    Strokes.. new album early next year
    maybe Arctic Monkeys if they get back on the road
    theres no pigeons at oxegen really so i suppose kings of leon may show again.. :confused:

or else probably somebody rnb/pop/rap and a bit **** :rolleyes:

hope foals come, everything everything, some dubstep, crystal castles, bombay bicycle club again, egyptian hip hop

Mr.S wrote: »
    My guess for Headliners:

Foo Fighters
    My Chemical Romance
    Iron Maiden? But that would make it too rocky:L Daft Punk are a possibility if they do tour.

Doubt KOL will play, o2 date and Slane plus headlining 2ce in the past few years.

Iron Maiden are playing Glasgow and Aberdeen arenas next july so they won't be playing titp, which means no oxegen.

As for rock groups though, Limp Bizkit maybe, depends if they're gonna do a tour of their own. Coheed and Cambria played Glastonbury last year and have a relatively new album out. Enter shikari will have a new album in july, haven't played since 07?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I don't think MCR would go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

My guess for Headliners:

Foo Fighters
    My Chemical Romance
    Iron Maiden? But that would make it too rocky:L Daft Punk are a possibility if they do tour.

Doubt KOL will play, o2 date and Slane plus headlining 2ce in the past few years.

Have you not realised yet? KOL are everywhere. They'll probably play Cois Farraige as well :pac::pac:

I think MCR would be good for a headliner actually, they have some proper choons to end a night with, and the new album is meant to be brilliant.

nommm wrote: »
    I don't think MCR would go down well.

They played Oxegen 07. But they could not headline.

Id say Foo's are a def , usually we have 1 headliner from Glastonbury so we will see

• Advertisement

MCR have headlined Reading/Leeds and Download in the past, so its possible.

But if they did play, i could see them headlining the second stage.

Yea i meant not headlining Main. Suppose depends on how the new album does

Advertisement