Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Playing Vicar Street next June so very unlikely.

Ah feck.
    Tickets on sale for that yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah feck.
    Tickets on sale for that yet?

Yep they sure are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mutley18 wrote: »
    I have seen a few posts questioning whether Arctic Monkeys will be a headline act or not and i just wanna say of course they will be headlining, they headlined Glastonbury 07 after the release of their second album. They might have album four out by the time Oxegen comes so they will be headlining.

As for Blink 182 i think they will have the same kind of slot that Jay-Z had last year, co-headlining with someone else. The same as Snow Patrol and Blur did the year before.

jay z and blur headlined glastonbury 2008 and 2009 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but at their gig last week, You Me At Six seemed fairly sure that they would be playing at Oxegen.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, because they refused to say for definite, but they seemed 99% sure..

EDIT: Jumped back a few pages, already been said. My bad. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hi there,

there will be a broadcast on the music TV station "Q" in the night from 29th to 30th of December. Any chance that one of you guys record it and send me a recording?

It is 1am - 3am Thursday the 30th of December:
    (Eminem and 2 or 3 other Bands from Oxegen 2010, but I'm only interested in the Eminem stuff)

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/Q/29+December+2010/

Many thanks! :)

sabrewulf

PS. I was bravely digging out the old Oxegen thread to post this (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678979&page=148) just to find an admin note there asking not to post in it anymore... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If the coverage is anything like the last coverage it will show only a few bands and no Eminem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have my fingers crossed for an RHCP announcement, their new album should be out around then (don't know how good it'll be without Frusciante but that's a discussion for another thread)

Blink 182 were my favourite band when I was about 13, still probably remember all the words if I heard them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

I just hope it is not ridiculously expensive like last year we only went on the friday but had to pay for the whole weekend what a rip off

RockMan94 wrote: »
    I just hope it is not ridiculously expensive like last year we only went on the friday but had to pay for the whole weekend what a rip off
    Why didn't you buy a day ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

RockMan94 wrote: »

It's not really a rip off when you pay and attend all 3 days. I paid euro 181 for an arena only pass as i have somewhere to stay this year.

So that works out at 60 euro a day. I don't think there'll ever be an outdoors gig in ireland ever again for 60 euro, nevermind one with like 6 stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

If the coverage is anything like the last coverage it will show only a few bands and no Eminem

When I click info on my NTL box it says coverage of Arcade Fire, Muse and Eminem. AFAIR it was advertised like this before on a different station in September or November and there were no Eminem songs in the broadcast though. Still worth a try though, since all private videos so far are very shaky and/or distant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

So that works out at 60 euro a day. I don't think there'll ever be an outdoors gig in ireland ever again for 60 euro, nevermind one with like 6 stages.

Big statement

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Big statement

You mean bold statement :cool:

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey everyone I'm goin Oxegen for the first time next year.

Is the camping booked with your ticket or how does it go?

I'm not sure if I will camp yet or stay for the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

karaokeman wrote: »

There are 3 options:

A day ticket which gives you access to the arena for one day.
    A w/end ticket without camping which gives you access to the arena during the days but no access to the campsites.
    A w/end camping ticket which allows you access to the arena and the campsite from the day before the festival begins to the day after i.e. thursday to monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Sorry, this has probably already been asked, but I'm not reading through 42 pages of stuff.

What kind of ID do they accept? I'm 17 so dont have a proper ID, just a school card (unlikely they'll take it) and my passport.

Not keen on carrying my passport around but I'm guessing that'll be my only way in. Any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

Sorry, this has probably already been asked, but I'm not reading through 42 pages of stuff.

What kind of ID do they accept? I'm 17 so dont have a proper ID, just a school card (unlikely they'll take it) and my passport.

Not keen on carrying my passport around but I'm guessing that'll be my only way in. Any alternatives?

I'm pretty sure they accept school cards if you bring a colour photocopy of your passport along. I wouldn't worry about it tbh, no one I know got asked last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

I brought my drivers license last year but i remember my m ate getting away with a photocopy of his passport.

Reality is that its a big call for them to reject you especially if you've traveled from say cork or galway!

At the same time, better safe then sorry so i'd say get a legit Student I.D. USIT id preferably!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

When i went last year (and was only 17) they only did a few spot checks checking for under 17s so i doubt youll have a problem, really the only thing they cared about was the glass bottles! and if you are taking a passport or any valuables i suggest you get a locker

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

One more thing, If your bringing cans...or any other heavy item ( when carried in bulk!) one word...

wheelbarrow!

Anyone who's been will no doubt agree! ( a small foldable one at that though! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

karaokeman wrote: »

You can get camping or non camping tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Yes a wheelbarrow is a must tbh, you can rent them there but they are a bit expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Yes a wheelbarrow is a must tbh, you can rent them there but they are a bit expensive!

Don't know how much the wheelbarrows were but there was a group of lads renting these out

01203a.jpg

50 quid deposit and 20 quid for an hour. easily takes 2 peoples stuff so a tenner each.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Steba wrote: »
    I brought my drivers license last year but i remember my m ate getting away with a photocopy of his passport.

Reality is that its a big call for them to reject you especially if you've traveled from say cork or galway!

At the same time, better safe then sorry so i'd say get a legit Student I.D. USIT id preferably!

Cork or Galway? Try Donegal! Where/How do you get a student I.D?

Cheers!

I really hope the Vaccines are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Hi there,

there will be a broadcast on the music TV station "Q" in the night from 29th to 30th of December. Any chance that one of you guys record it and send me a recording?

It is 1am - 3am Thursday the 30th of December:
    (Eminem and 2 or 3 other Bands from Oxegen 2010, but I'm only interested in the Eminem stuff)

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/Q/29+December+2010/
    Anyone see this? Who did they show?

The Strokes are playing at this Spanish festival on July 14th, so chances are they'll be at oxegen

http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/fib-benicassim-festival-2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Where/How do you get a student I.D?

Become a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Strokes please.
    Theyre doing bennicassim, so right now it looks like I'm going there. If they get announced for oxegen could sway my decision though, looks good as they have a new album coming out very soon.

Also, hopefully acts such as Phoenix, Justice, Jamaica, and some decent vintage acts would be lovely to see again. Ocean Colour Scene were great last year, maybe we could get something in the same timeframe?

Also, a whopper dance line up as per usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Nugget89 wrote: »
    You mean bold statement :cool:

I'll get me coat

Nugget i remember seeing you at Oxegen in like 2009?

Advertisement