Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

M O N T O wrote: »
    Nugget i remember seeing you at Oxegen in like 2009?

Nope, was there in '06, '07, '08 and '10. Must be a different Nugget, can't be too many though I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Nope, was there in '06, '07, '08 and '10. Must be a different Nugget, can't be too many though I'd imagine

Or just got the year wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Did they not release it before Oxegen 2010?

I'd say theres a chance, since La Roux played for her album which was released before Oxegen 2009.

'Tis mad.

not long before it, but they gigged that may and weren't going to be back 2 months later, too soon like

which is why i think they may show up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they could have been talking about the band Nugget?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Sorry my bad, Must have presumed you were Gary Nugent, goes by the nickname Nugget!

Sorry about all the confusion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just had to post in here cos it was on 666 posts.

Carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Guys anyone know when tickets are back on sale??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaeilge?

Guys anyone know when tickets are back on sale??

According to efestivals.co.uk tickets "will go on sale at 8am on Friday 12th March 2010".

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Moneill377 wrote: »
    I love Blink, but why are you people having this debate, they clearly have not been announced as a headliner - and if they are now, it will be as a last resort (yes i would like to see them higher up the bill but if not i'm not going to pretend that they are)

Just watched the Killers 09 oxegen videos again <3 wow. I'd like to see Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, Kanye West, Radiohead, Laura Marling, Ellie Goulding, Florence, MGMT

Or just a dream: U2 & The killers to reunite just for one night.

Or of course, Oasis lol. 0% :(

But, I still think its going to be great :p

If Muse came my head would literally explode from sheer joy/excitement/ awe. The chances of that are about 0.01% though, they're rounding up their tour.

If Muse came my head would literally explode from sheer joy/excitement/ awe. The chances of that are about 0.01% though, they're rounding up their tour.

Eh they played last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Eh they played last year?

Hence the 0.01% chance of them playing again.

It was really, really empty when they played last year. Which was strange.

Towards the back yes, down in the pit, the crowd was pumping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hence the 0.01% chance of them playing again.

Sadly the reason was cause BEP were on the Vodafone Stage which was jammers when i walked passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

I'm 14.. so could I be accompinied by an adult or is it strictly 18+ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You'll have to be accompanied by someone who is 25 or older, who will have to sign off that they accept responsibility for you.

"What age do I have to be to attend OXEGEN?

OXEGEN is strictly 17s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry.

Under 17s will only be admitted if accompanied by guardian/relative 25 years or over who will sign for and accept responsibility for said person. Policy will be strictly enforced – persons who purchase and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund."

From here.

Leeg17 you have made this my happiest/most exciting moment of 2011 :L thank youuu :D so happyyy :D

Leeg17 you have made this my happiest/most exciting moment of 2011 :L thank youuu :D so happyyy :D

I'm not going to lie, but you just seem a bit young to go anyway. Even with someone.

As in they wouldn't let me in?

As in they wouldn't let me in?

They would with a 25 year old, but like I just think the setting of Oxegen is not suitable for you

Ahh.. I'm still waiting for more acts to be added to decide if its worth 250 euro, if its anything like last years lineup im well going tho :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thank you Mr.s :) i'm getting a 4 day camping ticket tho.. I will not sleep a bit.. tents on fire..no thank you :L..well so I hear:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, and to be fair, a lot of the tents burned are burned by their owners as they're abandoned.

I do think it's a bit rough - too rough for my tastes at my age now - but possibly not as rough as it might be portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

Thank you Mr.s :) i'm getting a 4 day camping ticket tho.. I will not sleep a bit.. tents on fire..no thank you :L..well so I hear:confused:

Its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. 14, probably a bit young to camp. Your better off just getting a 3 "day" ticket and booking into a hostel/hotel in Naas. Theres a free bus that goes.

If your going purely for the music you will stop enjoying Oxegen fairly quickly if you can't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bren2001 wrote: »
    Its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. 14, probably a bit young to camp. Your better off just getting a 3 "day" ticket and booking into a hostel/hotel in Naas. Theres a free bus that goes.

If your going purely for the music you will stop enjoying Oxegen fairly quickly if you can't sleep.

Yeah coz he can afford to stay in one of the extremely expensive places in Nass, God Bren.

Yeah coz he can afford to stay in one of the extremely expensive places in Nass, God Bren.

The ticket is 50e cheaper than a 4 day camping, if he booked now he would get it cheaper. If he is 14 and can afford a 250e ticket, I think he can shell out the extra few blips to get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If s/he's 14 and theres just him/her and a couple mates i'd say get a 3 day non camping and just get the bus back to dublin every night. it'd work out at the same price as a camping ticket plus you wouldn't get ripped off on food/drink at the venue. I also think this would sit better with your parents cause i can't imagine they'll be willing to let their 14yo off on their own.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If s/he's 14 and theres just him/her and a couple mates i'd say get a 3 day non camping and just get the bus back to dublin every night. it'd work out at the same price as a camping ticket plus you wouldn't get ripped off on food/drink at the venue. I also think this would sit better with your parents cause i can't imagine they'll be willing to let their 14yo off on their own.

They will be with somebody over the age of 25. Unless you very quick leaving you can be waiting a while for those buses, its a very long journey home to the city centre, then its a taxi ride home, back up the next day to do it again. No thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cocopop94

I'll still be 16 on the date soon to turn 17 going on 4 day camping, I'm the only one in a big group going who'll be under the age still, will I be ok to get in with them or should I go in with a cousin or someone who's over 25? :/

cocopop94 wrote: »
    I'll still be 16 on the date soon to turn 17 going on 4 day camping, I'm the only one in a big group going who'll be under the age still, will I be ok to get in with them or should I go in with a cousin or someone who's over 25? :/

You'll be fine. They don't really check I.D. for campers. Sure, if you don't get in you can wait around for your cousin who is over 25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaeilge?

cocopop94 wrote: »

On the off chance that they don't let you in with your friends, and no over 25 year old that you know is there, some good soul would probably agree to say that you're with them to get you in. I've heard of this happening, and it works grand. I just do not advise walking up to a stranger alone and asking them to do this, stick with at least a couple of the group if you have to do so. :)

But you probably won't have to do this anyway, if you have a cousin or someone going. Just in case. :pac:

Advertisement