Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Shando316

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    So you have to be 17 to get in yes ?

And when are the tickets going to go up in price ? Can't check here atm.
    Yeah you have to be 17. You could get lucky and not get asked for ID, but I wouldn't risk it. Tickets go up in price whenever they go back on sale again, which is usually around the beginning of March

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    So you have to be 17 to get in yes ?

And when are the tickets going to go up in price ? Can't check here atm.

If your 15 or over the chances are you will get in if you buy a camping ticket. If you buy a day ticket its harder but if you hang around for a while someone will sign you in, they have to be over 25 and accept responsibility for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AGE RESTRICTIONS

What age do I have to be to attend OXEGEN?

OXEGEN is strictly 17s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry.
    Under 17s will only be admitted if accompanied by guardian/relative 25 years or over who will sign for and accept responsibility for said person. Policy will be strictly enforced – persons who purchase and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund.

What if I turn 17 the day after OXEGEN?

Unfortunately – rules are rules and if you are under 17 on arriving at OXEGEN you will not be allowed on site without a guardian/relative 25 years or over who will sign for and accept responsibility for you. If you are under 17 please do not turn up to the festival without a guardian as policy will be strictly enforced and persons who purchase tickets and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund. If you are 17 or over please make sure you bring ID.

How do I prove my age at OXEGEN?

When entering the festival you will need to prove your age so please bring a passport, photo driving license, Garda ID or official school or college ID with a colour photo copy of your passport. School or college ID must be official on a credit card format, not on a laminated piece of card.

I am accompanying someone under 17, do I have to stay with them the entire time?

Any adults accompanying an under 17 year old will be asked to sign an agreement to be responsible for them for the duration of the festival. You will be responsible for their wellbeing and safety so you will need to be with them for the vast majority of the time to guarantee this.

Is there a limit to the number of under 17 year olds I can be responsible for?

Adults can accompany a maximum of four under 17 year olds at the festival, any more under 17 year olds and there will need to be more adults.

I have a child under 5, can I bring them to OXEGEN?

There are no facilities on site for children under 5 and the promoter recommends that the festival is not a suitable environment for a child. Everyone attending the festival needs a ticket for entry so if you bring a child, make sure you have a ticket for them.

Oxegen.ie is your FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

bren2001 wrote: »
    If your 15 or over the chances are you will get in if you buy a camping ticket. If you buy a day ticket its harder but if you hang around for a while someone will sign you in, they have to be over 25 and accept responsibility for you.

Don't start this shíte again! :rolleyes:

It's all on the official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

seanbmc wrote: »
    Don't start this shíte again! :rolleyes:

It's all on the official site.

I went when I wasn't 17. Anyone I know who wasn't 17, and went, shockingly enough got in. IMO its worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd love The Streets to play, I think they're class. But I can't fcukin stand Mumford and Sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Anybody have any idea when the next announcements will be?
    Also wondering if The Strokes are a good shout seeing as they're playing Benicassim?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anybody have any idea when the next announcements will be?
    Also wondering if The Strokes are a good shout seeing as they're playing Benicassim?

I cant see the Strokes being announced, i would fecking love it if they were but I doubt it. They're headlining beni arent they? Dont think they would come to play a lower slot at oxegen, probably will be playing in the o2 or Olympia at some stage soon and that'd be better anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

maximoose wrote: »
    I cant see the Strokes being announced, i would fecking love it if they were but I doubt it. They're headlining beni arent they? Dont think they would come to play a lower slot at oxegen, probably will be playing in the o2 or Olympia at some stage soon and that'd be better anyway :)

Strokes wouldn't play The Olympia, they could sell it out 10 times over. They are a shout for Oxegen, I don't think they'd mind playing second last or whatever but I think an O2 gig would make more sense. They could do both, ye never know

maximoose wrote: »

Sure didnt Kasabian headline Beni last year and then played 2nd last on Main. Maybe a AM/Strokes co headline slot could work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Why wouldn't the strokes headline/play? They've headlined before and are clearly touring this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is it true that Oxegen are not doing day tickets this year, would they not be shooting themselves on the foot considering that the festival hasnt sold out for the last few years.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Shando316

Is it true that Oxegen are not doing day tickets this year, would they not be shooting themselves on the foot considering that the festival hasnt sold out for the last few years.
    They always do day tickets, but they don't usually go on sale until around the end of april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 keesh88

Shando316 wrote: »
    They always do day tickets, but they don't usually go on sale until around the end of april

Yup, they cant start selling the day tickets yet as it is unknown what days the bands will be playing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

keesh88 wrote: »
    Yup, they cant start selling the day tickets yet as it is unknown what days the bands will be playing yet.

They tried last year to sell them and nobody knew who was playing what day. Im getting a day ticket for whatever day the foo fighters are on. Hopefully its friday so i can try stay in for the full weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't think I can afford the whole weekend this year, but I will see when the time comes. Will probably go the day Artic Monkeys are playing.

Btw does anyone think there is a chance Coldplay might play this year. They are doing other European festivals like Rock Am Ring and Rock In Park in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Shando316 wrote: »

Well I heard from a few folk that it was becoming just a camping festival, the Electric Picnic made theirs just camping after the 2005 one, I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Your "few folk" don't have a clue, with all respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I hope Coldplay dont play, I would be really disappointed if they were the last headliner =/

Id say these will play either in Dance Arena or Green Room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Cracking stuff.

Tapes For Dancin' would go down quite nicely too, alright.

Do Kasabian have a chance of playing?Missed them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Their playing Isle of Wright, and touring in April, May with new material, but I highly doubt it. Weren't Kasabian on the group of acts ruled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id say these will play either in Dance Arena or Green Room
    And hopefully it collapses and takes them out completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

does anyone know wen the next annoncement is??

Probably some time in Feb with a big announcement i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Their playing Isle of Wright, and touring in April, May with new material, but I highly doubt it. Weren't Kasabian on the group of acts ruled out?

touring where in april?

Thought I saw that but why are they ruled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

aflib wrote: »
    touring where in april?

Tom said the other day they plan to play a short UK tour, playing small venues of about 1500-2000 capacity. Hopefully they might play an Olympia show or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Tom said the other day they plan to play a short UK tour, playing small venues of about 1500-2000 capacity. Hopefully they might play an Olympia show or something

cool:)

Advertisement