Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TITP are releasing their final tickets on the 25th so expect a big announcement on Monday 21st id say

Airbourne Weezer and Architects have been announced for sonisphere which is same weekend as Oxegen. IT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, I could definitely see Weezer being added to Oxegen and TITP. If they do, hopefully they play the same night as Blink.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Weezer and Architects would be solid additions.

Must say the lineup is shaping up really nicely!

Yea i doubt Architects(would be cool though) will play but hopefully airbourne pop over this year.

I also presume Wolfmother will get announced again after having to cancel last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 plosh

Hey I got a question, im in 6th year at the mo and was thinking, rather than going away, go to Oxegen. But the only problem is I will be 16 (one month away from 17 :mad: )
    So I was thinking is there anyway of me getting into this thing without going with a 21 year old?
    Like would there be anyone around, sound enough to pretend to be my guardian? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

plosh wrote: »
    Hey I got a question, im in 6th year at the mo and was thinking, rather than going away, go to Oxegen. But the only problem is I will be 16 (one month away from 17 :mad: )
    So I was thinking is there anyway of me getting into this thing without going with a 21 year old?
    Like would there be anyone around, sound enough to pretend to be my guardian? :L

You'll be fine. I've been going since I was 16 with no adult/guardian and have yet to be asked for ID. And I dont look old.

maximoose wrote: »
    You'll be fine. I've been going since I was 16 with no adult/guardian and have yet to be asked for ID. And I dont look old.

Ow rite see the problem is I look REALLY young! :(
    Like im always getting mistaking for a 12 year old and people are fascinated when I tell them my real age! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JP09

Yep you should be fine, i got in at 16 too, no questions asked :cool:
    Enjoy it, its a brill wkend

JP09 wrote: »
    Yep you should be fine, i got in at 16 too, no questions asked :cool:
    Enjoy it, its a brill wkend

Hopefully :confused:
    I just dont wana waist money on a ticket, get me hopes up and then get told that im not allowed in.
    Grrrrrrrr....

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not to be a buzz kill, but they do check ID at times. They arent strict, but just keep that in mind.

To be safe, just have some older person to go in with you through the gate :)

Ye im gona see if I have some older cousins or friends who are going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Hopefully :confused:
    I just dont wana waist money on a ticket, get me hopes up and then get told that im not allowed in.
    Grrrrrrrr....

Don't go then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Don't go then

not going at all certainly wouldn't improve they're chances of getting in.

You'll be fine, I got somebody to walk in with my and friend an I last year, we were 15 and 16, but nobody said anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Ye im gona see if I have some older cousins or friends who are going

Even if you are asked for ID off someone just go back and try someone else.You probably won't be asked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale? . Sorry if this has already been asked but there doesn't seem to be any info on Ticketmaster .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

March AFAIK.

I think somebody said march 12th, think it says on the oxegen site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

baz2009 wrote: »
    March AFAIK.
    right thick question
    But what does afaik mean? Ive seen it a few times?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

booboo88 wrote: »
    right thick question
    But what does afaik mean? Ive seen it a few times?

As Far As I Know! :)

Took me a while to work it out too! Think it took a google search in fact! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

thanking you. i was coming up with all different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Linkin Park are in Europe the week before Oxegen. Reckon there's a chance of them playing?

• Advertisement

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    Linkin Park are in Europe the week before Oxegen. Reckon there's a chance of them playing?

Pretty likely really, they avoided Ireland on the arena tour last year. Wouldn't be a headliner though.

Pretty likely really, they avoided Ireland on the arena tour last year. Wouldn't be a headliner though.

I think if they would play they would want to headline imo. Every festival they have played recently are headliner slots. Would have loved to seen them in their hay day but now ive gone off them over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I got in when i was fifteen :) and i look much younger than i am aswell.
    We asked some people in the queue if they would say they were our guardians but they just laughed... But you should be fine!

Good chance dizzee rascal will play again as he's at belsonic, I know it's like a month apart but they always seem to share a lot of the bands, he pulled a pretty big crowd last year aswell, despite the glorious weather.

I think if they would play they would want to headline imo. Every festival they have played recently are headliner slots.

Imo I couldn't see them headlining here. Would love if they did but don't think they're big enough atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    Imo I couldn't see them headlining here. Would love if they did but don't think they're big enough atm.

They are not my cup of tea but are definitely big enough. Don't think they will play the festival, i don't think they would "fit in" with what Oxegen provides.

If Dizzee plays i could see maybe a headline slot on Vodafone or Green Room . Or a co headline with Paolo on the Vodafone stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bren2001

If Dizzee plays i could see maybe a headline slot on Vodafone or Green Room . Or a co headline with Paolo on the Vodafone stage

Don't think he would quite headline the Vodafone stage. I'd say he will get the same slot as last year if he plays. Latish on the Main Stage.

Could 30STM be returning to Oxegen they have been announced for Bilbao same weekend as Oxegen along with
    Coldplay, The Black Crowes, Amy Winehouse, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, !!!, Crystal Castles, The Chemical Brothers, Jack Johnson, M-Clan and Russian Red.

• Advertisement

Could 30STM be returning to Oxegen they have been announced for Bilbao same weekend as Oxegen along with

If they do, I'd expect Kanye to follow

Advertisement