Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    Linkin Park are in Europe the week before Oxegen. Reckon there's a chance of them playing?

Well I would have thought they would have some Irish gig this summer, and since nothings been announced, it could be very possible to see them at Oxegen. I reckon they would be a good draw and would complete our main stage headliners - Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys & Linkin Park!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bren2001

Well I would have thought they would have some Irish gig this summer, and since nothings been announced, it could be very possible to see them at Oxegen. I reckon they would be a good draw and would complete our main stage headliners - Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys & Linkin Park!!!!!!

I think they are more likely to do a Marlay Park gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think if they booked LP it would be a good pick (even though i would prob skip them if someone else was on) but at least it would be 3 Rock Headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't see why people think this year will be all pop, dance, R&B stuff.

Only hip hop act announced is Black Eyed Peas. Foo Fighters, Nutini and Artic will no doubt satisfy rock lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Any chance of Glasvegas?They have a new album out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Always a chance.. but it might be slim.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I think they are more likely to do a Marlay Park gig.

This is a good bet too, but wouldnt that have been announced by now???

karaokeman wrote: »

Only hip hop act announced is Black Eyed Peas. Foo Fighters, Nutini and Artic will no doubt satisfy rock lovers.

There you go ;)

This is a good bet too, but wouldnt that have been announced by now???

I could be wrong, but they have not announced the European leg of their tour yet. The only stand alone gig they are playing is the Itunes festival night which is free. I imagine they are waiting to see what their calender looks like festivals wise and will build a tour around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hope not, they are not a great live band, seen them support Muse and at Slane. I really don't ever want to sit through them again :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

30stm sold like 4,500 tickets last year in the 02 and subbed the second stage, there's no way they're playing marley park. :pac:

30stm sold like 4,500 tickets last year in the 02 and subbed the second stage, there's no way they're playing marley park. :pac:
    I think he was refering to Linkin Park for Marley :P

I think he was refering to Linkin Park for Marley :P

My most sincere apoligies, where did they play last time whe coheed and cambria were support?

My most sincere apoligies, where did they play last time whe coheed and cambria were support?
    RDS. God Queens of The Stone Age were Savage that day, I would love them to play Ireland in any form this year. Got my hopes up about Oxegen given the relationship between Dave Grohl and Josh Homme

Queens of the stone age would be cool. Tcv were dreadful live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

because the last few years, there's been more and more pop. commercial rap, and rnb.

paolo nutini - rock?? :eek:
    Busted must be heavy metal so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

As unlikely as I think it is, i'm praying the Strokes are announced soon. New single is great and dying to see them again.

maximoose wrote: »
    As unlikely as I think it is, i'm praying the Strokes are announced soon. New single is great and dying to see them again.

Wouldn't say its unlikely. Either them or Pulp will play the festival imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

RDS. God Queens of The Stone Age were Savage that day, I would love them to play Ireland in any form this year. Got my hopes up about Oxegen given the relationship between Dave Grohl and Josh Homme

The relationship between Josh Homme and Arctic Monkeys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

The relationship between Josh Homme and Arctic Monkeys too.

So QOTSA a possibility for Oxegen? Fantastic.

I wonder will Editors do any touring this year with the new B-sides collection thingy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    So QOTSA a possibility for Oxegen? Fantastic.
    I'm trying to convince myself that it is. :p

Yea could see QOTSA under Foo's or maybe 2nd stage headliners vs AM/Coldplay(or whoever the last headliner is)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

maximoose wrote: »
    Me Too:)..Saw the Free Download of the new track available from their site for 48 Hours thing earlier in the Week but was busy and forgot:(..anyone got a link to hear it??

Only 10 days to the Big announcement anyways..lookin forward to It..saw that 21st Feb thing on E-Festivals that Furious Red spoke about already..Apparently theres a few "surprises" in there.. Hmmmm the plot thickens!! ..

Primal Scream doing Screamadelica is a Dead Cert to Headline The Green Room ..Gap in their Tour Schedule and always gonna happen..What an Album that was..In Fact Gonna listen to it Right Now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Please God we get Green Day this year (Main stage or elsewhere, I'll see them wherever they play).

I saw the guys at Marlay last year and to this day they are still the best live band I've seen, and that's comparing them to U2, The Fray, Paramore & The Script.

They did play at Oxegen 2005 after the start of their American Idiot World Tour.

Please God we get Green Day this year (Main stage or elsewhere, I'll see them wherever they play).

I saw the guys at Marlay last year and to this day they are still the best live band I've seen, and that's comparing them to U2, The Fray, Paramore & The Script.

They did play at Oxegen 2006 and that was 2 years after the start of their American Idiot World Tour. It would be a nice pattern seen as how 21st Century Breakdown began in 2009.

They played 2005 , 2006 was RHCP and The Who . Id say it will be Coldplay since they are pretty much confirmed for Glasto and we always share 1 headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

and that's comparing them to U2, The Fray, Paramore & The Script

WOW! outstanding............

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

They did play at Oxegen 2005 after the start of their American Idiot World Tour.

You my young friend. Need to listen to a sh-it load more music and go see a sh-it load more gigs.

I'd say/hope it could be Red Hot Chilli Peppers for the last headliner as they have summer festivals booked, and are due to announce dates soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Beyoncé is headlining Glastonbury.. Could be likely that she'd be lined up as the pop headliner for Oxegen..

Advertisement