Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

lordgoat wrote: »
    You my young friend. Need to listen to a sh-it load more music and go see a sh-it load more gigs.

I went to Marlay Park with 4 people who go to plenty of gigs. I'm biased coz I absolutely love Green Day, but the people I was with all said it was the best gig they'd ever been to. I've also seen a good few of the biggest live acts in the world and they really are outstanding. If you don't like their music then thats fair enough but few could deny they put on a great show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was working at Green Day last year so got to see the whole gig for free :) . GD were pretty good and you get your moneys worth but what i found was the most annoying think was Billy Joe goin "EEEEEHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" about a hundred times over the course of the show
    The Strokes are expected to announce details of a European tour shortly, as their manager Ryan Gentles revealed in an email obtained by the band’s Irish fan site, TheStrokesFansite, he said the dates would take place in July, after US shows in June.

Gentles wrote: “We’re in the process of lining up some U.S. dates in June and some European dates in July… stay tuned for more details on these dates and the new album.

The Strokes are set to release their new album ‘Angles’ on March 21. It’s the much-anticipated follow-up to the band’s 2006 album ‘First Impressions Of Earth’. Lead single ‘Under Cover Of Darkness’ will be available as a free download from The Strokes official website for 48 hours from 7.35pm (GMT) tonight.

http://eveningbox.com/2011/02/the-strokes-to-announce-july-european-tour-2011-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

karaokeman wrote: »
    Please God we get Green Day this year (Main stage or elsewhere, I'll see them wherever they play).

I saw the guys at Marlay last year and to this day they are still the best live band I've seen, and that's comparing them to U2, The Fray, Paramore & The Script.

They did play at Oxegen 2005 after the start of their American Idiot World Tour.

...Comparing any live band to Paramore is quite an insult :P (to the band, not paramore)

Looks like they're just doing Reading/Leeds for this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I went to Marlay Park with 4 people who go to plenty of gigs. I'm biased coz I absolutely love Green Day, but the people I was with all said it was the best gig they'd ever been to. I've also seen a good few of the biggest live acts in the world and they really are outstanding. If you don't like their music then thats fair enough but few could deny they put on a great show

As i said if you think musically green day are the best live act out there, go see more bands. Saw them in the old point in (98 i think - good show i loved it i was but a teen) saw em at some festival in the last 5 years, (well i walked past them as they were on) saw old rountine getting kids from the audience to play a song and stage dive.

Trust me, you'll out grow them.

And as someone else said Paramore? Paramore? wtf?

As i said if you think musically green day are the best live act out there, go see more bands. Saw them in the old point in (98 i think - good show i loved it i was but a teen) saw em at some festival in the last 5 years, (well i walked past them as they were on) saw old rountine getting kids from the audience to play a song and stage dive.

Trust me, you'll out grow them.

And as someone else said Paramore? Paramore? wtf?

Nah I'm too much of a Green Day fan to grow out of them at this point. And to be fair I have seen a good few big world acts at this stage. I saw U2 in croker, mccartney last year in the RDS. I do get what you say that it'll impress a younger audience more the stuff they do like stage dives and grabbing fans up, but they just put so much energy into a live show, the great pyrotechnics add so much too. Its kinda what I say Arctic Monkeys need more of, a bit more energy and to show the crowd they are enjoying themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Arctic Monkeys are never going to go for the pyrotechnics and stage diving routine. It's just not who they are and they don't need to do that to put on a great live performance.

Arctic Monkeys are never going to go for the pyrotechnics and stage diving routine. It's just not who they are and they don't need to do that to put on a great live performance.

I didn't say they need pyrotechnics or stage diving, what they need is some enthusiasm, and a little bit of crowd interaction. Alex Turner is quite funny and entertaining when he talks to the crowd, he needs to do it a lot more. The best live acts always interact with the audience a bit

Nah I'm too much of a Green Day fan to grow out of them at this point. And to be fair I have seen a good few big world acts at this stage. I saw U2 in croker, mccartney last year in the RDS. I do get what you say that it'll impress a younger audience more the stuff they do like stage dives and grabbing fans up, but they just put so much energy into a live show, the great pyrotechnics add so much too. Its kinda what I say Arctic Monkeys need more of, a bit more energy and to show the crowd they are enjoying themselves

Only saw monkeys once, in whelans before their first album and that was one belter of a show. Musically it was grand but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Only saw monkeys once, in whelans before their first album and that was one belter of a show. Musically it was grand but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Jaysus I can only imagine how good that was. I saw them in Malahide Castle for the first time and it was a great show, they've gone a bit downhill since then, they're too concerned with being 'cool'

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Arctic Monkey's were awful when I saw them last November. Hopefully there will be someone good on one of the other stages at the same time as them.

When do the tickets go on sale? I want to find out the third headliner. :P

• Advertisement

nommm wrote: »
    Arctic Monkey's were awful when I saw them last November. Hopefully there will be someone good on one of the other stages at the same time as them.

When do the tickets go on sale? I want to find out the third headliner. :P

I hear the third headliner is being announced in the next two weeks...Not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd be 90% that it'll be Coldplay. Just my opinion though.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'd be 90% that it'll be Coldplay. Just my opinion though.

I'll be seeing them at Rock am Ring so I hope not. Strokes would be a bitta craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Seaner1878

Its a pity but Oxegen 2011 isn't going to be as good 2010 or 2009..last years line up was incredible and will be a while before we see it again..maybe they could get some great acts this year but all the best acts in the world were there last year..Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys will be the only worthwhile live bands at it this year unfortunately..Can someone tell me why Black Eyed Peas are allowed preform at Oxegen?again?

Seaner1878 wrote: »
    Its a pity but Oxegen 2011 isn't going to be as good 2010 or 2009..last years line up was incredible and will be a while before we see it again..maybe they could get some great acts this year but all the best acts in the world were there last year..Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys will be the only worthwhile live bands at it this year unfortunately..Can someone tell me why Black Eyed Peas are allowed preform at Oxegen?again?

How do you no? Sure they have only confirmed 5 acts so far its a bit early to be sayin its not going to be as good as last year

Seaner1878 wrote: »
    ..Can someone tell me why Black Eyed Peas are allowed preform at Oxegen?again?

Cos they're shi-te?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Whats the chances of Arcade Fire playing? They're playing in Hyde Park beforehand on the 30th of June, then they're doing a spanish festival after Oxegen. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think they'd be unlikely to do a festival two years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bren2001

Whats the chances of Arcade Fire playing? They're playing in Hyde Park beforehand on the 30th of June, then they're doing a spanish festival after Oxegen. What do you think?

Based on the crowd they pulled last year I doubt it. They sold out 2 nights in the o2 afterwards so I think the Oxegen crowd and Arcade Fire don't really mix.

Id say they will do a Marlay Park gig either around the time of Hyde Park

• Advertisement

Has Ireland not had enough of Arcade Fire at this stage? Oxegen and two O2 dates only recently

Has Ireland not had enough of Arcade Fire at this stage? Oxegen and two O2 dates only recently

A lot of bands are doing at least 2 tours per album these days so its no that strange (apart from KOL who play every few months)

Most bands are going to be playing a lot more frequently due to the only way to make big money these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

NEWB ALERT!

Alright lads, first post to take it easy aiiiiight?

Just looking for some informed opinions, already have my ticket bought for Oxegen (Bought it the moment I saw Foo Fighters announced). Seeing as we're speculating who might be there, what about Red Hot Chili Peppers, Feeder, Airbourne and Pixie Lott? (The latter simply so I can be at the front of the crowd pulling an ol' Neil Prenderville) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

If the strokes are there I might have to get out my walking stick and head down to the mud with the kids!

NShadows wrote: »
    NEWB ALERT!

Alright lads, first post to take it easy aiiiiight?

Just looking for some informed opinions, already have my ticket bought for Oxegen (Bought it the moment I saw Foo Fighters announced). Seeing as we're speculating who might be there, what about Red Hot Chili Peppers, Feeder, Airbourne and Pixie Lott? (The latter simply so I can be at the front of the crowd pulling an ol' Neil Prenderville) ;)

RHCP most probrably won't be at the festival. More than likely next year at Slane imo. Feeder and Pixie Lott should be there.

Could Radiohead be the 3rd headliner as they are releasing a new album next week or are they more likely to do EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they'd almost certainly play their own gig and not bother with either festival.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Could Radiohead be the 3rd headliner as they are releasing a new album next week or are they more likely to do EP?

Hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

If Coldplay, Radiohead, MCR, Kanye West or anything like that are the 3rd headliner I would be bitterly disappointed. I would still go just for Foo Fighters but I would still be bitterly disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Limp Bizkit announced for Sonisphere the same weekend as Oxegen, would this increase or decrease the chances of an Oxegen appearance?

Advertisement