Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limp Bizkit announced for Sonisphere the same weekend as Oxegen, would this increase or decrease the chances of an Oxegen appearance?

Id be amazed if they dont do it unless they do Bilbao which is the same weekend is Oxegen which means we wont get them . Hopefully they do play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Has there been any indication given of when the next acts will be announced? Starting to get impatient at this stage it's been so long!

Well TITP tickets go onsale Friday week 25th so id say they will announce Monday or Tuesday next week

Looks like Limp Bizkit are only a England Exclusive so they could easily do TITP/Oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Id be amazed if they dont do it unless they do Bilbao which is the same weekend is Oxegen which means we wont get them . Hopefully they do play

So you reckon anyone playing Bilbao is out? That rules out Mars then. Biffy looking doubtful as well as they're playing two festivals the same weekend as Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

From their official site:

"QOTSA will take the first record tour to Europe in May, with additional US and Canada dates to be added in June."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    So you reckon anyone playing Bilbao is out? That rules out Mars then. Biffy looking doubtful as well as they're playing two festivals the same weekend as Oxegen

If Coldplay and other bands are playing that festival on Thursday they could do Oxegen and TITP on Saturday and Sunday.

With the way their tour dates are lined up... looks like an EP appearance for Arcade Fire is on the cards. I wouldn't expect them at Oxegen again having headlined last year.

And Weezer and Limp Bizkit would be good draws for Oxegen I'd think from MCD's perspective.

By the looks of it Bilbao is on from the 7th-9th and Oxegen is 8-10th so it is actually possible now they could do

7th - Bilbao
    8th - Oxegen
    9th - TITP
    10th - Soni(Its confirmed they will play on Sunday)

30stm could return since they didnt do a Irish Date on the last tour (which could have been because of the low turn out at the O2 gig)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If RHCP or Coldplay are not announced I will be very hurt.

Otherwise I will buy my ticket straight away if they are announced.

As much as I would love Coldplay I can't see it for the moment as they've never played oxegen before. RHCP are a possibility with other festivals lined up (having rocked oxegen once before) and hopefully a new album out before the festival.

Either of the two would make me utterly happy.

Next to them I say maybe Michael Buble, Kings of Leon (unlikely with Slane coming but don't give up) or maybe Paramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

By the looks of it Bilbao is on from the 7th-9th and Oxegen is 8-10th so it is actually possible now they could do

7th - Bilbao
    8th - Oxegen
    9th - TITP
    10th - Soni(Its confirmed they will play on Sunday)

30stm could return since they didnt do a Irish Date on the last tour (which could have been because of the low turn out at the O2 gig)
    Biffy are playing the Saturday of Sonisphere, Slipknot are the Sunday

Biffy are playing the Saturday of Sonisphere, Slipknot are the Sunday

Sorry i meant to put in i was talking about Limp Bizkit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Sorry i meant to put in i was talking about Limp Bizkit
    Ah my bad sorry. I am hoping for Bizkit, Biffy and QOTSA to be announced, that would be awesome and would make up for missing Metallica that weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Four Year Strong also supporting blink on their arena tour.........makes them a strong possiblity for oxegen as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

karaokeman wrote: »
    If RHCP or Coldplay are not announced I will be very hurt.

If RHCP or Coldplay are announced alongside Arctic Monkeys and the Foos, well I may just need a new set of pants >_>

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

So if Coldplay are announced they'll be headliners?What about 2nd headliner like Jay Z was last year?

So if Coldplay are announced they'll be headliners?What about 2nd headliner like Jay Z was last year?

Id say 4th headliner will be these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

lordgoat wrote: »
    You my young friend. Need to listen to a sh-it load more music and go see a sh-it load more gigs.

While i agree in part Mr Goat, i would have Green Day in my top 3 live bands i've seen and i've seen From Soundgarden up too more "modern bands" So while he/she is still starting out remember we all had to do so too ;)

Id say 4th headliner will be these guys

Oh right thought The Strokes would be higher than Coldplay.I'd be delighted if both were announced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bren2001

Oh right thought The Strokes would be higher than Coldplay.I'd be delighted if both were announced though.

Strokes wouldn't be above Coldplay. Coldplay will headline the festival, if announced, Strokes may play under them or headline second stage. Although, they are big enough to be a headliner themselves

bren2001 wrote: »
    Strokes wouldn't be above Coldplay. Coldplay will headline the festival, if announced, Strokes may play under them or headline second stage. Although, they are big enough to be a headliner themselves

I could see AM/Strokes co headline tbh . Just like last year Arcade Fire/Jay Z , year before Blur/Snow Patrol etc

I could see AM/Strokes co headline tbh . Just like last year Arcade Fire/Jay Z , year before Blur/Snow Patrol etc

I would like an AM/Strokes co headline but prefer a Foo/Strokes co headline with a Blink on before AM.

• Advertisement

Yeah I reckon it's going to be:

Friday: Arctic Monkeys/The Strokes
    Saturday: Foo Fighters
    Sunday: Coldplay

Saturday: Foo Fighters
    Sunday: Coldplay

Friday would be immense if thats what it was.

Saturday: Foo Fighters/QOTSA
    Sunday: Coldplay/Black Eyed Peas

2nd stage

Friday: Blink182/Weezer
    Saturday: Paolo or Dizzee
    Sunday: Limp Bizkit/MCR

Also MCR said after their gig in Scotland " See you guys in the summer"

Blink are playing Sunday. I'm speculating that the promoters will have Coldplay, if they do end up playing, headline the main stage and Blink headline the second stage. Makes more sense to clash Blink with Coldplay than with Foo Fighters imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Blink are playing Sunday. I'm speculating that the promoters will have Coldplay, if they do end up playing, headline the main stage and Blink headline the second stage. Makes more sense to clash Blink with Coldplay than with Foo Fighters imo.

I could see Blink being on just before Foos

I could see Blink being on just before Foos

Yeah, that's possible too though I think they'd be a great closer on the second stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

2nd stage
    Also MCR said after their gig in Scotland " See you guys in the summer"

Please god no :eek: I was at the 02 today to say hey to a few friends who went, and the shhhhtate of some the teeny boppers was hilarious, but if MCR played Oxegen the place would be swarming with them :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I'll hopefully be too drunk this year to give a ****e, but still ;)

I'd be fairly disappointed if Coldplay are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FreshTillDeath

Rihanna could be a strong possibility as she's playing Ireland in March just as Black Eyed pea's did last year and ended their tour in Oxegen ? Not a great fan of her music but then again who listens to the music with a body like that ? :)

Please god no :eek: I was at the 02 today to say hey to a few friends who went, and the shhhhtate of some the teeny boppers was hilarious, but if MCR played Oxegen the place would be swarming with them :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I'll hopefully be too drunk this year to give a ****e, but still ;)

I'd be fairly disappointed if Coldplay are announced.

Wow didnt no they got that decent crowd , looks big enough . Still they should either headline Vodafone or 2nd last on that stage. Unless they take a Mid way Main Stage Slot

Blink 182 ending the festival will be epic so i hope they clash with AM cause i kinda want to see Coldplay

Also QOTSA are announcing European Dates on Monday

• Advertisement

Wow didnt no they got that decent crowd , looks big enough . Still they should either headline Vodafone or 2nd last on that stage. Unless they take a Mid way Main Stage Slot=y

I went to MCR last night purely because of their show in Oxegen 07. I don't really like their music on the radio but they are very good at what they do live. They said they are playing festivals this summer so I expect Oxegen to be announced. I think they would be a good addition.

Advertisement