Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

2nd stage

Friday: Blink182/Weezer
    Saturday: Paolo or Dizzee
    Sunday: Limp Bizkit/MCR

Also MCR said after their gig in Scotland " See you guys in the summer"

Blink 182 and Weezer would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

2nd stage

Friday: Blink182/Weezer
    Saturday: Paolo or Dizzee
    Sunday: Limp Bizkit/MCR

Also MCR said after their gig in Scotland " See you guys in the summer"

If Blink and Monkeys clash I'll take a machine gun to a hospital and just start firing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Blink and Monkeys clash I'll take a machine gun to a hospital and just start firing

Im hoping they do clash :) so i no im not missing anything good on the Main Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Im hoping they do clash :) so i no im not missing anything good on the Main Stage

Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Looks like Fozzy are a strong possibility for Oxegen. Their frontman, WWE Wrestler Chris Jericho, recently said in an interview that they would be playing a few festivals in the UK around July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Wow didnt no they got that decent crowd , looks big enough . Still they should either headline Vodafone or 2nd last on that stage. Unless they take a Mid way Main Stage Slot

Also QOTSA are announcing European Dates on Monday

To put it lightly, I wont be at MCR if they do play :p

I'll cry happy tears if QOTSA get announced. Not joking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looks like Fozzy are a strong possibility for Oxegen. Their frontman, WWE Wrestler Chris Jericho, recently said in an interview that they would be playing a few festivals in the UK around July.

Don't think MCD would book them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭bren2001

Brandon Flowers just confirmed for Gurtenfestival. A lot of people ruled him out of Oxegen as The Killers are recording in the summer. I would be surprised if he didn't play, he will be in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Don't think MCD would book them tbh.

Why not? They played a gig in dublin recently and the crowd went mad for them apparently. They done a couple of gigs here and got a great reception everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

bren2001 wrote: »
    Brandon Flowers just confirmed for Gurtenfestival. A lot of people ruled him out of Oxegen as The Killers are recording in the summer. I would be surprised if he didn't play, he will be in Europe.
    Please god no, I would take anyone but this gimp. I will be as far away as possible if he plays, my ears could not take the abuse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I noticed Oxegen's website says Thurs-Sun this year, looks like we'll be getting music on Thursday now as well? (Doesn't sound like camping dates as those close on Monday). I'm still hoping we get the Big 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

I noticed Oxegen's website says Thurs-Sun this year, looks like we'll be getting music on Thursday now as well? (Doesn't sound like camping dates as those close on Monday). I'm still hoping we get the Big 4 :)

nope...3 days festival.

Fozzy would be great to be announced .
    The Strokes are planning to tour the UK in July.

Answering fans' questions on the band's management company's Twitter page, Twitter.com/WizKidMgmt, band representatives confirmed that US, Canada and European tour dates were all on the cards.

They wrote: "US/Canada touring June (probably) - Euro and UK touring July (probably), that's the plan for now."

They were also asked if The Strokes were confirmed to play the South By Southwest festival in Austin, Texas next month. "As for SXSW, announcing on Tuesday [February 22]," they replied

Its a strange time for them to be touring Europe. It puts them around for Oxegen but if its "their" tour it will be stand alone gigs. I woulda prefered a tour in Octoberish with an Oxegen appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah wouldn't be surprised to see The strokes doing festivals in July, then own tour in Winter. Hoping for it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'll go spa if Blink and AM clash.
    AM would win, though.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Anyone ever bring a generator into the camping area? Are you allowed?

MCD
    We've got some seriously exciting news for Monday morning...

Surely its Oxegen or maybe KOL support bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TITP and Oxegen go onsale at the end of the week, so it's almost certainly oxegen acts.

TITP and Oxegen go onsale at the end of the week, so it's almost certainly oxegen acts.

Wouldn't be certain about that. Thin Lizzy confirmed last night to Hot Press they are supporting KoL. TITP may confirm the final headline for TITP but it may not be confirmed for Oxegen just yet,

Looking at TITP website the official launch is on Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Yea i hope it is Oxegen but have a feeling it will be something like JLS in the RDS or something or KOL support acts. I remember MCD did this last year and people thought it was Oxegen news but was something else

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

MCD
    We've got some seriously exciting news for Monday morning...

Surely its Oxegen or maybe KOL support bands

MCD do the Trinity Ball lineup if I'm not mistaken, and that is being announced Monday morning.

QOTSA europe dates coming monday. Think its only may but id say theyll be around come july too

revz wrote: »
    MCD do the Trinity Ball lineup if I'm not mistaken, and that is being announced Monday morning.

This may well be getting announced on Monday but I don't think its what they are talking about. Oxegen, KoL or some big band playing an Ireland date.

revz wrote: »

Ah you could be right there , Ha maybe they will get QOTSA ha.

Well if they dont announce Oxegen on Monday they will do it the following day since TITP are due to announc theirs on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Ah you could be right there , Ha maybe they will get QOTSA ha.

Well if they dont announce Oxegen on Monday they will do it the following day since TITP are due to announc theirs on Tuesday.

It'll hardly be an announcement about Trinity Ball?Thats considered big news?

Have been told a Big 4 announcement is coming on Monday for RDS. Fits in anyway but not fully sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I hope it's QOTSA I hope it's QOTSA I hope it's QOTSA I hope it's QOTSA I hope it's QOTSA

:pac:

Mushy wrote: »
    Have been told a Big 4 announcement is coming on Monday for RDS. Fits in anyway but not fully sure.

Do MCD even use RDS anymore? Aiken seem to be using that while MCD use Marlay .

Suppose that would be a big news gig but does nothing for me , since ive seen Metallica before and would'nt be to pushed in seeing the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

A "Big 4" gig... I'd definitely go to that if it came here.
    Do MCD even use RDS anymore? Aiken seem to be using that while MCD use Marlay .

I'm sure there's nothing stopping MCD using the RDS, they've used it before.

Advertisement