Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Id say Foo's are a def , usually we have 1 headliner from Glastonbury so we will see

Coldplay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Dream lineup:
    Red hot chilli peppers
    Foo fighters
    Everyone else is irrelevant if those two play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mcr great a load of emos cutting themselves suppose doh id rather them then kings of leon. i think this year will be kasabian, arctic monkey, foo fighters and hopefully beady eye.

but more then likely it will be the script and snow patrol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ricero wrote: »
    mcr great a load of emos cutting themselves suppose doh id rather them then kings of leon. i think this year will be kasabian, arctic monkey, foo fighters and hopefully beady eye.

but more then likely it will be the script and snow patrol

Kasabian only played last year , Foos are prob a dead cert , Beady Eye will prob headline Hot Press Academy Stage or mid day on Green Room. AM not sure (hope they dont play)

Script also not playing due to Aviva Stadium gig and count SP out aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Pulp and The Strokes
    Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro
    Prince

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Epicness wrote: »
    Have you not realised yet? KOL are everywhere. They'll probably play Cois Farraige as well :pac::pac:

I think MCR would be good for a headliner actually, they have some proper choons to end a night with, and the new album is meant to be brilliant.

The new album is brilliant. :pac:
    They were strongly rumored to be headlining the main stage at Reading/Leeds this year...but they then lost their drummer and scrapped an album in the coming up to the Reading/Leeds announcements so who knows....

Either headlining the Vodafone stage, or second from top on the Main Stage seems about right to me. :)

Although...just checked the amount of fans that "like" arcade fire in ireland on facebook....and MCR is quite similar figures..So they "could" headline the main stage if needed.

They'll likely have an O2 gig in march anyway so depending on ticket sales go...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

The new album is brilliant. :pac:
    They were strongly rumored to be headlining the main stage at Reading/Leeds this year...but they then lost their drummer and scrapped an album in the coming up to the Reading/Leeds announcements so who knows....

Either headlining the Vodafone stage, or second from top on the Main Stage seems about right to me. :)

Although...just checked the amount of fans that "like" arcade fire in ireland on facebook....and MCR is quite similar figures..So they "could" headline the main stage if needed.

They'll likely have an O2 gig in march anyway so depending on ticket sales go...:P

Where'd you hear that MCR will be here in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

how is eminem possibly ****?
    He was terrible this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i believed the general thought was that he was unreal? i certainly thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

He was terrible this year
    obviosly if you're not a fan you won't like his performance.i thought he was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Darkwhite wrote: »
    Pulp and The Strokes
    Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro
    Prince

All good possibilities apart from Prince. MCD had him booked for Croke Park a couple of years ago, and he cancelled about 3 weeks before the gig. They sued him to get their money back, but it was like trying to get blood from a stone, so don't think they'll want to deal with him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Where'd you hear that MCR will be here in March?

Not finalised yet...but people asked roadies on their uk tour in october...and feb/march is what's expected for the european leg of the tour :)

And makes perfect sense, they go into rehearsals mid janurary, Their keyboardist is touring with another band til the 5th of Feb...and the American dates just announced today are for April/May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

obviosly if you're not a fan you won't like his performance.i thought he was brilliant.
    I guess since I ain't a fan of rap, but I just thought performance wise he was a little boring, in comparison to the Prodigy who were unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I guess since I ain't a fan of rap, but I just thought performance wise he was a little boring, in comparison to the Prodigy who were unreal!!

I went to half of both and the prodigy were definitely better. Eminem was pretty class aswell though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Nugget89 wrote: »
    I went to half of both and the prodigy were definitely better. Eminem was pretty class aswell though

eminem is my hero though so if he just stood up on stage for 2hours and said nothing id still be in euphoria!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

All good possibilities apart from Prince. MCD had him booked for Croke Park a couple of years ago, and he cancelled about 3 weeks before the gig. They sued him to get their money back, but it was like trying to get blood from a stone, so don't think they'll want to deal with him again.

Oh the irony of MCd finding it difficult getting money from someone for a change.

Em is a site to be seen live. While the Prodigy are also great there show hasn't changed in years... imo that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

how can anyone compare live acts of eminem and the prodigy??? :confused:
    come on like people, thats like jay z vs elvis. :cool:

(although im a die-hard prodigy fan and do think their show is the best on the planet)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Xfm have just leaked Blink's tour dates for England this summer.
    Friday July 8 - Manchester MEN Arena
    Tuesday July 12 - Newcastle Arena
    Wednesday July 13 -Nottingham Arena
    Friday July 15 - Birmingham LG Arena
    Monday July 18 - London 02 Arena

No weekend, Irish or Scottish dates make me think that perhaps we'll be seeing Blink at Oxegen? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Tenks wrote: »
    No weekend, Irish or Scottish dates make me think that perhaps we'll be seeing Blink at Oxegen? :eek:

Definitely looking that way, given that they played their only UK headline gigs in Scotland this year as well as the Dublin gig.

So looks like Blink can join Foo Fighters as legitimately likely candidates... I wonder if we'll see them on the Main Stage or as headliners on the second stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

got word that the foos are doing TITP so oxegen v likely now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

lordgoat wrote: »
    Em is a site to be seen live. While the Prodigy are also great there show hasn't changed in years... imo that is.
    I was severely underwhelmed when I saw him. Xzibit destroyed him that day.....in 2003..........I feel old now :o

Yea that pretty much outs Blink down for Oxegen. So if Blink and Foo's do headline it could mean good things for the rest of the Oxegen line up.

Just a question i no its said most years but do you think Oxegen will happen next year? Since Kildare County Council were asking for to much money etc , personally it would be a shock if i didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

was asking hotel/b&b rates during oxegen in naas last night but was told:
    "It is yet to be decided if the Oxygen festival is on locally next July. If it falls on these dates it will determine rate and availability." Where if not in naas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

was asking hotel/b&b rates during oxegen in naas last night but was told:
    "It is yet to be decided if the Oxygen festival is on locally next July. If it falls on these dates it will determine rate and availability." Where if not in naas? :confused:

they say this so you cant book a room too early in advance because they would have to give you lower rates and they dont want to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Really hope that Blink are announced, missed their show here in the summer.

Wonder could we possibly get more rock acts this year since Sonisphere has been moved to the same weekend as TITP. Would love if we got Soni instead of Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wonder could we possibly get more rock acts this year since Sonisphere has been moved to the same weekend as TITP. Would love if we got Soni instead of Oxegen

That's an interesting development. Early August was a bit of an awkward time as a lot of bands aren't touring Europe around then. It would have been better if it were at least on the same weekend as Wacken.

I'd say we will see a few acts crossing over from Sonisphere. MCD could see an opportunity here to add a stage focused on rock/metal but that probably won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

MCD put on their facebook earlier:

"We have an amazing announcement tomorrow morning around 8.30am! Keep your eyes on Facebook!"

People commenting on it are speculating it's something to do with Oxegen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

aflib wrote: »
    got word that the foos are doing TITP so oxegen v likely now

Fingers Crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

That MCD announcement will probably just be Justin Bieber. :(

Advertisement