Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Have been told a Big 4 announcement is coming on Monday for RDS. Fits in anyway but not fully sure.

That's it, i just came

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A "Big 4" gig... I'd definitely go to that if it came here.

I'm sure there's nothing stopping MCD using the RDS, they've used it before.

Oh yea i no that but they havent seemed to use it in the last few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads don't get the hopes up too high of the Big 4, its only a rumour. While it makes sense what with MCD doing a big announcement and Metallica confirming they announcing more shows, don't hate me if its not. I'd much much much rather a QOTSA show, and am seeing the Big 4 (well 2 of them) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Its got to be the Oxegen announcement ..that exact date given on efestivals for a long time now for T in the Park and their pretty much always on the money(they had Eminem and Jay-Z confirmed last year before Oxegen and T did ffs:p).. Id imagine the radio stations will get a press release early monday morning so it will be all over the morning shows Today FM etc and then a Press Conference around 11/12 just like last year..

..but a Big 4 Annonucement would be just AWESOME:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

What's a big 4 announcement?
    and any chance for PJ Harvey and/or the Strokes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Have been told a Big 4 announcement is coming on Monday for RDS. Fits in anyway but not fully sure.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    That's it, i just came

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1-300x167.jpg

Beach House?
    Vampire Weekend?
    Dirty Projectors?
    Laura Marling?
    Chromeo?
    Kanye West?
    Janelle Monae?
    The Kills?
    Arcade Fire?
    Black Keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

aranciata wrote: »
    What's a big 4 announcement?
    and any chance for PJ Harvey and/or the Strokes?
    Its basically Daniel O'Donell, Crystal Swing ,Rubberbandits and Chris De Burgh all playing their own sets and then they all come on at the end for a Big Time Hoolie..Check It Out..:pac:

When are all the acts announced in full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

When are all the acts announced in full?

There'll be like 20 or 30 more acts announced just before the tickets go back on sale, so two or three weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

There'll be like 20 or 30 more acts announced just before the tickets go back on sale, so two or three weeks?
    It was the 23rd of February last year when Eminem/Jay Z/BEP etc were announced, so it could well be Monday when they're announced.
    Surely by the end of next week anyway!

One of the admins on the oxegen forum commented saying "cant wait for this" in the topic about MCD's announcement .
    Could we see the Big 4 at Oxegen i no its a very small chance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One of the admins on the oxegen forum commented saying "cant wait for this" in the topic about MCD's announcement .

Wouldn't an admin there be put in that place by MCD? And was it related to Oxegen or other gigs?

Wouldn't an admin there be put in that place by MCD? And was it related to Oxegen or other gigs?

http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=20300

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd be expecting Pulp - on probably the Sunday night.
    Strokes on Sat night.
    Fir - meh

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Who's the big four?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Not a hope. The are playing Sonisphere UK on the Friday (which i shall be in attendance :cool:) and Sonisphere France on the Saturday. I would doubt they would trek to Ireland for a gig on the Sunday. Plus they dont really suit the Oxegen market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Who's the big four?

Boyzone or Westlife :D:D

Who's the big four?

four heavy metal bands. hope that helps. it's ok, i had no idea either - it's unfortunate that some people here aren't very helpful, choosing to be sarcastic, low and woefully unfunny at the risk of confusing others! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Who's the big four?

I think its Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and one other, can't remember

Megadeth... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Who's the big four?

Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeath and Slayer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭bren2001

If thats the exciting news..... Doubt it is.

It is quite a good line up, wouldn't mind seeing a few of those. Would prefer to hold onto my 80 quid. What a rip off

I love the 2 euro reduction for buying from an SU shop, great value ha. Good lineup to be fair though. The Streets and Pro Green are both good

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

four heavy metal bands. hope that helps. it's ok, i had no idea either - it's unfortunate that some people here aren't very helpful, choosing to be sarcastic, low and woefully unfunny at the risk of confusing others! : )

Oh right,can't see them appealing to the Oxegen masses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Oxegen website has been down for a few hours now... Possibly being updated with some new bands?

NShadows wrote: »
    Oxegen website has been down for a few hours now... Possibly being updated with some new bands?

Been waiting for this announcement a while now, usually its out by 8 o'clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Been waiting for this announcement a while now, usually its out by 8 o'clock

Aye, the website's still not responding though and I've been checking it constantly every day since Xmas and it hasn't been down for this long before so hopefully good things to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Half 9 and still nothing.........

• Advertisement

Jaysus I was sure by the time I arrived in college there'd be something, very annoying

Advertisement