Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

karaokeman wrote: »
    I don't think I'm bothered camping this year, as its too much money.

Would it be any more hassle to buy 3 day passes?

You can buy a 3 day non-camping ticket.
    That's what I'm doing, did it last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

is camping really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nope.Theres always gonna be scumbags but a little awareness and youre fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

No, if you have a good group of friends with you then you should be fine, although if you don't try and get friendly with your neighbours.

I would bring small locks for your tent but only if you know you'll keep the key safe. I got robbed the 1st day last year and bought the locks straight away and nothing else was robbed :D

Things are bound to go wrong, so just go with an open mind and try to have a craicing time. Don't get all flustered, upset etc if at all possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

this guy is playing, according to his fb anyways

http://www.myspace.com/mavericksabre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭bren2001

Brandon Flowers "to be confirmed" for TITP and a "strong rumor" for Oxegen.

That has made my night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

^ Where did you hear that?

^ Where did you hear that?

http://www.efestivals.com/festivals/titp/2011/lineup.shtml#

Very rarely they are wrong. I expected him to play Oxegen when he announced Gurtenburg. Dunno where he will fit in in the line-up tho.

Ah ok then, I wouldn't be a fan of him myself, but according to that Biffy Clyro are a strong rumour too so I'm hoping for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Damn disappointed with that =/

• Advertisement

Damn disappointed with that =/

Ah now, have you heard his solo stuff? (and not just Crossfire) its very different to what people expect. Not Killers like at all.

Well if he is announced, and mcr are too, and both are on at the same time, I'll go to BF :P

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

‎15 days to go!! We've got a whole load of new acts to add to the line up (Foo Fighters, Official Blink-182, Arctic Monkeys, Black Eyed Peas and Paolo Nutini) on March 8th!

a bitta of a wait now lads :(

bren2001 wrote: »
    Ah now, have you heard his solo stuff? (and not just Crossfire) its very different to what people expect. Not Killers like at all.
    Its him in general I dont like, and I cant stand his songs, solo or with the Killers

In that case the tickets are hardly going back on sale Friday? Or is that definite =/

‎15 days to go!! We've got a whole load of new acts to add to the line up (Foo Fighters, Official Blink-182, Arctic Monkeys, Black Eyed Peas and Paolo Nutini) on March 8th!

a bitta of a wait now lads :(

15 days till tickets go on sale i presume. They usually announce the final acts with TITP i.e. tomorrow.

bren2001 wrote: »
    15 days till tickets go on sale i presume. They usually announce the final acts with TITP i.e. tomorrow.
    Unless we got totally different acts to T?

That hasn't happened in while. Usually its the same headliners. Infact we usually get most of TITP with the odd better act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We share about 90% of the acts TITP have. We usually get a few acts who do Rockness and not TITP and they sometimes get a few acts we dont get eg Madness/Billy Talent/Airbourne

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bright Eyes confirmed for Ox and T in the Park. Oxe on the 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

Eels have been confirmed for Oxegen

I have never heard of Bright Eyes or Eels =/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm happy with Bright Eyes being added, as long as the f*cker shows up this time...was gutted when he cancelled a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would like to see Bright Eyes and Eels, but not enough to buy a ticket, as the rest of the lineup is awful so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Patsy_13

According to the following website T in The Park have MCR, The streets and Tinie Tempah. Hope we can get them too

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/titp/2011/lineup.shtml#

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Pulp/Blondie/MCR/Tinie Tempah have been confirmed for TITP . The Script have also but we wont get them since they have the Aviva gig

I think Pulp/Blondie/MCR/Tinie Tempah have been confirmed for TITP . The Script have also but we wont get them since they have the Aviva gig

The only one I'd be happy about would be Pulp, and that would only be for Common People

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I get to go for free I found out today :D

anyone know when the T in the Park line up is being announced today? The website "Launch Page" has the timer at 00:00 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/2011/02/22/no-headline- 86908-22941261/
    THE Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and the Foo Fighters will headline this year's T in the Park it was revealed today.

All three bands have previously headlined the festival which is held in Balado, Perthshire.

Sheffield indie stars The Arctic Monkeys, who headlined in 2007, will be making their third appearance at the festival, which is being held on the weekend of July 8-10.

Coldplay will play to an expected crowd of 85,000 eight years after being the star act in 2003.

American rockers Foo Fighters, fronted by former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl, headlined the festival in 2005.

Other acts on the bill include: US punk rockers Blink 182, reformed indie darlings Pulp, The Script, rising soul star Plan B, grime rapper Tinie Tempah and veteran star Tom Jones.

Geoff Ellis, of promoters DF Concerts, said: “I’m really pleased with our artist announcements and proud to deliver a whole host of bands including many that T in the Park fans told us they wanted to see when we surveyed them post event.

"We’re delighted that T in the Park is the festival that bands want to play at and music lovers want to be at. I can’t wait to open up the campsite gates in July and welcome back the T in the Park community – bring on Balado 2011!”

George Kyle, of sponsors Tennent's Lager, added: “Each and every year it’s an absolute honour to unveil the fantastic line-up of world class bands that continue to want to play T in the Park.

"This incredible announcement of bands once again reinforces our position internationally as a market leading festival. As founding partner, Tennent’s Lager is proud to have been the T in T in the Park for 18 years and counting.”

Advertisement