Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

Patsy_13 wrote: »
    According to the following website T in The Park have The streets

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/titp/2011/lineup.shtml#

The streets headlining trinity ball and in the history of the thing, the headliner has always played oxegen too so id say they're pretty much guarenteed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭bren2001

AH not Coldplay. Seeing them at RaR. Was hoping for a better announcement than that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Scots music lovers will get the chacne to enjoy Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Foo Fighters at this year's T in the Park

THE Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and the Foo Fighters will headline this year's T in the Park it was revealed today.

All three bands have previously headlined the festival which is held in Balado, Perthshire.

Sheffield indie stars The Arctic Monkeys, who headlined in 2007, will be making their third appearance at the festival, which is being held on the weekend of July 8-10.

Coldplay will play to an expected crowd of 85,000 eight years after being the star act in 2003.

American rockers Foo Fighters, fronted by former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl, headlined the festival in 2005.

Other acts on the bill include: US punk rockers Blink 182, reformed indie darlings Pulp, The Script, rising soul star Plan B, grime rapper Tinie Tempah and veteran star Tom Jones.

Geoff Ellis, of promoters DF Concerts, said: “I’m really pleased with our artist announcements and proud to deliver a whole host of bands including many that T in the Park fans told us they wanted to see when we surveyed them post event.

"We’re delighted that T in the Park is the festival that bands want to play at and music lovers want to be at. I can’t wait to open up the campsite gates in July and welcome back the T in the Park community – bring on Balado 2011!”

George Kyle, of sponsors Tennent's Lager, added: “Each and every year it’s an absolute honour to unveil the fantastic line-up of world class bands that continue to want to play T in the Park.

"This incredible announcement of bands once again reinforces our position internationally as a market leading festival. As founding partner, Tennent’s Lager is proud to have been the T in T in the Park for 18 years and counting.”

Pulp, Beady Eye, My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, Jimmy Eat World confirmed on TITP twitter.

My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, Jimmy Eat World Jessie J Pendulum Deamu5 The View
    Friendly Fires, Bright Eyes and The Vaccines!!
    KT Tundstall, Kei$ha
    Manic Street Preachers, Tom Jones
    for TITP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

loads on the TITP facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/tinthepark

KT Tundstall
    Kei$ha
    Friendly Fires
    Bright Eyes
    The Vaccines
    The View
    Pendulum
    Bloody Beetroots
    Deadmau5
    Jessie J
    Tinie Tempah
    Plan B
    My Chemical Romance
    All Time Low
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Script
    Beady Eye
    Pulp
    Manic Street Preachers
    Tom Jones
    Cast
    You Me At Six
    Crystal Castles
    Chase & Status
    White Lies
    Blondie
    Brandon Flowers
    Weezer
    Hurts, Bright Eyes
    The Streets
    Ocean colour Scene
    Saturdays
    Eels
    Noah And The Whale
    House of Pain
    Slam
    Josh Wink
    Imelda May
    Miles Kane
    Vitalic
    Diplo
    DEATH CREW 77
    ELIZA DOOLITTLE
    STORNOWAY

Brandon Flowers, Weezer Chase & Status, White Lies, Blondie Cast, You Me At Six, Crystal Castles Ocean Colour Scene, The Saturdays, Eels Noah And The Whale, House of Pain, Slam, Josh Wink Imelda May, Miles Kane Vitalic, Diplo DEATH CREW 77, ELIZA DOOLITTLE, STORNOWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

**** yes, and all of these playing Oxegen??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Friendly Fires, Bright Eyes, Weezer and Vitalic and I'm in.

**** yes, and all of these playing Oxegen??!!

No, TITP announcement. Expect most of them tho

• Advertisement

Arctic Monkeys, Beady Eye, Coldplay, Pulp, and many more have been announced for this summer's T in the Park.

Arctic Monkeys

The latest acts announced for T in the Park are in alphabetical order All Time Low, Arctic Monkeys, Beady Eye, Blink 182, The Bloody Beetroots, Blondie, Bright Eyes, Calvin Harris, Coldplay, Deadmau5, Diplo, Editors, Eels, Faithless, Foo Fighters, Friendly Fires, Hurts, Jessie J, Jimmy Eat World, KT Tunstall, Kei$ha, Manic Street Preachers, My Chemical Romance, Plan B, Pulp, The Script, Tinie Tempah, Tom Jones, The Vaccines, and Weezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Nice! :D

Are any of them the last headliner, do ye think?

Nice! :D

Are any of them the last headliner, do ye think?

Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Bit of a Meh line up to be honest. apart from Foo fighters, the only acts there i would be really excited about seeing would be Coldplay, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World and maybe Deadmau5. Everything else just feels like its been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

My Chemical Romance? Niceeeeeee could really go for that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

what are the chances Foos weezer and jew..... hmm that abbreviation looks bad, Jimmy Eat World are playing on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

allanb49 wrote: »
    what are the chances Foos weezer and jew..... hmm that abbreviation looks bad, Jimmy Eat World are playing on the same day

I'd say blink'll be playing same day as yma6 anyway....then looking at similar styles...all time low and jimmy eat world and possibly weezer could be on the same stage/day (similar to Reading/Leeds last year). No idea whether this would be the same day as Foos or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'd buy a day ticket for Weezer alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Forgot Blink 182 where playing, chances of all them on the same day so, would be nice to think i could just get a day ticket then, don't really care about any of the others that may be playing

Over at TITP it looks like Coldplay and Blink are on the same day. So Blink will either Sub or headline Vodafone Stage

• Advertisement

Over at TITP it looks like Coldplay and Blink are on the same day. So Blink will either Sub or headline Vodafone Stage

Hopefully headline the second stage. Would be a suitable alternative to Coldplay

bren2001 wrote: »
    Hopefully headline the second stage. Would be a suitable alternative to Coldplay

True but it would be tough for me cause i really wanna see both even though ive seen Blink twice last year and never seen coldplay. I could prob see BEP slotting under Colddplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Arctic Monkeys, Beady Eye, Coldplay, Pulp, and many more have been announced for this summer's T in the Park.

Arctic Monkeys

The latest acts announced for T in the Park are in alphabetical order All Time Low, Arctic Monkeys, Beady Eye, Blink 182, The Bloody Beetroots, Blondie, Bright Eyes, Calvin Harris, Coldplay, Deadmau5, Diplo, Editors, Eels, Faithless, Foo Fighters, Friendly Fires, Hurts, Jessie J, Jimmy Eat World, KT Tunstall, Kei$ha, Manic Street Preachers, My Chemical Romance, Plan B, Pulp, The Script, Tinie Tempah, Tom Jones, The Vaccines, and Weezer.

So are we getting Pendulum or not?

edit; faithless aren't on the titp site, where's this list from?

So are we getting Pendulum or not?

edit; faithless aren't on the titp site, where's this list from?

TITP facebook i'd imagine. They have the list there, its also on efestivals. Pendulum and Faithless wern't announced but could well still play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

TITP facebook i'd imagine. They have the list there, its also on efestivals. Pendulum and Faithless wern't announced but could well still play.
    Pendulum were announced on the TITP facebook earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oh yeah i wouldn't be suprised if Faithless did play again. I just wasn't sure if they were properly confirmed or not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 par45

Anyone else think line up is terrible? Apart from MCR, Script, Beady eye, Artic Monkeys, The Streets and Nutini, there is nothing else that would make me really wanna go!And Script wont even be there!!

par45 wrote: »
    Anyone else think line up is terrible? Apart from MCR, Script, Beady eye, Artic Monkeys, The Streets and Nutini, there is nothing else that would make me really wanna go!And Script wont even be there!!

Thats 6 acts in the first phase of acts being announced. How many acts do you want? I think I went to 10 acts last year and the world cup final. At this point I'd be happy with 6 (5 not including the script)

Sorry the list was taken from e fesitvals

• Advertisement

This is on MCD's website. Guess we will get our line-up then. Surprised they arn't announcing it today. We know most of the acts anyway......strange.....

Advertisement