Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Not a bad indication for what's in store. Would be great to have Blink and Weezer on the same day.

If Arctic Monkeys are headliners for TITP for Friday it'd mean they would be playing either beneath Foo Fighters or Coldplay at Oxegen. So I guess we have an empty headliner slot for Oxegen on the Friday. The Strokes? Black Eyed Peas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bren2001

Not a bad indication for what's in store. Would be great to have Blink and Weezer on the same day.

If Arctic Monkeys are headliners for TITP for Friday it'd mean they would be playing either beneath Foo Fighters or Coldplay at Oxegen. So I guess we have an empty headliner slot for Oxegen on the Friday. The Strokes? Black Eyed Peas?

Why would they be playing below Foo Fighters or Coldplay? Nothing indicates that its Foo Fighters for the Saturday and Sunday. I'd expect the Foo's will open on the Friday and Coldplay close on the Sunday with the Monkeys on the Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The Artic monkeys are a confirmed headliner for Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Well Coldplay are playing the Saturday of TITP so id say we would get them the Sunday, they just seem like the type of act Oxegen would have to close the festival

par45 wrote: »
    Anyone else think line up is terrible? Apart from MCR, Script, Beady eye, Artic Monkeys, The Streets and Nutini, there is nothing else that would make me really wanna go!And Script wont even be there!!

It's okay this year so far. I don't think the Script are going to be at oxegen though.

For me it's all about Tom Jones my man :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup its one of the best 1st announcements in years. I will be happy with

Coldplay
    Pulp
    Beady Eye
    The Script
    My Chemical Romance
    All Time Low
    Jimmy Eat World

Plan B
    Tinie Tempah
    Jessie J
    Deadmau5
    Pendulum
    Bloody beetroots
    Friendly Fired
    Bright Eyes
    The Vaccines
    Kt Tunstall
    Kei$ha
    Manic Street Preachers
    Tom Jones
    Brandon Flowers
    Weezer

Chase & Status
    White Lies
    Blondie

Cast
    You Me At Six
    Crystal Castles
    Ocean Colour Scene
    The Saturdays
    Eels
    Hurts
    The Streets
    Noah And The Whale
    House Of Pain

Slam
    Josh Wink
    Imelda May
    Miles Kane
    Vitalic
    Diplo
    Death Crew 77
    Eliza Doolittle
    Stornoway

Yup its one of the best 1st announcements in years. I will be happy with

Coldplay
    Pulp
    Beady Eye
    The Script
    My Chemical Romance
    All Time Low
    Jimmy Eat World

Plan B
    Tinie Tempah
    Jessie J
    Deadmau5
    Pendulum
    Bloody beetroots
    Friendly Fired
    Bright Eyes
    The Vaccines
    Kt Tunstall
    Kei$ha
    Manic Street Preachers
    Tom Jones
    Brandon Flowers
    Weezer

Chase & Status
    White Lies
    Blondie

Cast
    You Me At Six
    Crystal Castles
    Ocean Colour Scene
    The Saturdays
    Eels
    Hurts
    The Streets
    Noah And The Whale
    House Of Pain

Slam
    Josh Wink
    Imelda May
    Miles Kane
    Vitalic
    Diplo
    Death Crew 77
    Eliza Doolittle
    Stornoway
    Funny those are all the same acts I had picked out. Except Brandon Flowers. He can feck off :P

bren2001 wrote: »
    Why would they be playing below Foo Fighters or Coldplay? Nothing indicates that its Foo Fighters for the Saturday and Sunday. I'd expect the Foo's will open on the Friday and Coldplay close on the Sunday with the Monkeys on the Saturday

Foos play Portugal on the Thursday before Oxegen/TITP and in all likelihood an off-day would be sought between those dates. But you're right, they could still play either festival on the Friday.

All I'm saying is if Foo Fighters and Coldplay rotate between Oxegen/TITP on Saturday/Sunday then Arctic Monkeys could only be a closing headliner at one of the festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Totally going to Deadma5 if he/they is/are there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

I really hope Ke$ha plays Oxegen. Yhink how amazing it would be to be absolutley locked with her playing live in the background.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Just spotted Miles Kane down the bottom of that list. That'd be great and it's also very likely I'd imagine because he's best friends with Alex Turner from AM. He's opening for them in Sheffield.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

FTS wrote: »
    I really hope Ke$ha plays Oxegen. Yhink how amazing it would be to be absolutley locked with her playing live in the background.:D
    The thought of that is horrific enough. The reality would result in my eyeballs melting id guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

MANICS!!!

Foos play Portugal on the Thursday before Oxegen/TITP and in all likelihood an off-day would be sought between those dates. But you're right, they could still play either festival on the Friday.

All I'm saying is if Foo Fighters and Coldplay rotate between Oxegen/TITP on Saturday/Sunday then Arctic Monkeys could only be a closing headliner at one of the festivals.

I don't think the Arctic Monkeys would play lower than a headline slot at either festival. I see what your saying.... For TITP its Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Foo Fighters (that order). I'd assume for Oxegen itll be Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys

There is the distinct possibility that Coldplay are not the 3rd headliner for Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

I don't think the Arctic Monkeys would play lower than a headline slot at either festival. I see what your saying.... For TITP its Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Foo Fighters (that order). I'd assume for Oxegen itll be Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys

There is the distinct possibility that Coldplay are not the 3rd headliner for Oxegen.

I don't get why Coldplay wouldn't be headliners?Something to do with the dates they're playing?

I don't get why Coldplay wouldn't be headliners?Something to do with the dates they're playing?

No dates clashing. TITP and Oxegen don't "always" have the same headliners. Usually they do but last year we had Arcade Fire and they didn't. Only the 5 acts have been confirmed so far, we are all assuming that Coldplay will be the final headliner (which I personally think will be the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

No dates clashing. TITP and Oxegen don't "always" have the same headliners. Usually they do but last year we had Arcade Fire and they didn't. Only the 5 acts have been confirmed so far, we are all assuming that Coldplay will be the final headliner (which I personally think will be the case)

Hopefully we get The Strokes!

We only got Arcade Fire and titp didn't because arcade fire were reading/leeds festival exclusives. Hopefully we'll get another one of those this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Hopefully we get The Strokes!

+1. I would mind both, if they don't clash but The Strokes would be a better decision. If they haven't booked them they haven't been listening to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think its gonna be

Friday - Monkeys
    Saturday - Foos
    Sunday - Coldplay with Blink on stage 2.

• Advertisement

I think its gonna be

Friday - Monkeys
    Saturday - Foos
    Sunday - Coldplay with Blink on stage 2.

No, Monkeys are playing on the friday in TITP. Personally, with a more educated guess;

Friday - Coldplay
    Saturday - Foos,
    Sunday - Monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

No, Monkeys are playing on the friday in TITP. Personally, with a more educated guess;

Friday - Coldplay
    Saturday - Foos,
    Sunday - Monkeys

I must have missed something. Why do people think Foos will play the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Skig_Sean wrote: »

I was thinking the same. The TITP park site doesnt give any indication of whos playing what day, just has a list of acts playing - http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s3_25

Skig_Sean wrote: »

Because they play Portugal on Thursday and will probably require an off-day considering the distance between Portugal and Ireland. Also we know Coldplay are playing TITP on the Saturday, leaving Foos free to play Oxegen on that day.

If Coldplay are confirmed for Oxegen they will definitely be headlining on the Sunday. I reckon Blink will headline the second stage on the same night... I expect to hear a Coldplay dig or two if I get to see them. :pac:

Because they play Portugal on Thursday and will probably require an off-day considering the distance between Portugal and Ireland. Also we know Coldplay are playing TITP on the Saturday, leaving Foos free to play Oxegen on that day.

If Coldplay are confirmed for Oxegen they will definitely be headlining on the Sunday. I reckon Blink will headline the second stage on the same night... I expect to hear a Coldplay dig or two if I get to see them. :pac:

Thats kinda silly logic. Portugal to Ireland is only like a 2 hour flight. But I agree it would make sense for them to fly to Ireland from Portugal, then onto Scotland, meaning they play Oxegen Friday or Saturday. You never know tho, it would be great to have them close it out on the Sunday night. Foe me, having Coldplay & Blink close out the Sunday night would be a bit of a let down. I like both of them but it just wouldnt seem right.

Oh can i ask, how do we know Coldplay are playing Saturday at TITP?

Thats kinda silly logic. Portugal to Ireland is only like a 2 hour flight. But I agree it would make sense for them to fly to Ireland from Portugal, then onto Scotland, meaning they play Oxegen Friday or Saturday. You never know tho, it would be great to have them close it out on the Sunday night. Foe me, having Coldplay & Blink close out the Sunday night would be a bit of a let down. I like both of them but it just wouldnt seem right.

Says on the tour date section on their website.

The band will probably fly to Ireland from Portugal but what about their gear, lights, video, etc.? Sure they could fly all that too but it would be cheaper to have it trucked.

The band said it on their Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

2 hours in a fukin rocket

2 hours in a fukin rocket

Not at all, Went to Algarve on holidays a couple of years ago. Was about 2 and a half hour flight, and I can honestly say it was an Aeroplane.
    It only takes 15 and a half minutes in a rocket :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Most big artists can have at least 2 live rigs . Eg While they are playing Portugal with 1 set then the other one can be on its way to Ireland. Then the one from Portugal can be on its way to Scotland etc

Advertisement