Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

blue-army wrote: »
    Most of the line up will be announced on the 8th March.

Camping tickets probably won't sell out. They didnt last year, and it was probably the best line up ever. You'll still be able to buy tickets the week before.
    Whut? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I thought last year was one of the worst =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

lordgoat wrote: »
    Read the post before your own and all will be clear.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You Me At Six , All Time Low , Sum 41 , House of Pain , Fozzy have been added to Sonisphere same weekend as Oxegen .

Also Kids In Glass Houses and Villagers added to TITP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I wouldn't rule out Tom Jones playing just yet.

• Advertisement

2011-02-28_lineup-poster_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Whut? :confused:
    I thought last year was one of the worst =/
    Everyone has different tastes in music obviously, but Jay Z and Eminem are 2 of the worlds top selling artists. Add to that Muse (10m albums sold worldwide), Arcade Fire, The Prodigy, Vampire Weekend, Florence and the Machine etc..

How can say it was one of the worst line-ups? I'm sure the majority of people will disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bren2001

blue-army wrote: »
    Everyone has different tastes in music obviously, but Jay Z and Eminem are 2 of the worlds top selling artists. Add to that Muse (10m albums sold worldwide), Arcade Fire, The Prodigy, Vampire Weekend, Florence and the Machine etc..

How can say it was one of the worst line-ups? I'm sure the majority of people will disagree with you.

I wouldn't say it was the best line ever. It was good and had some solid acts during the day. Personally I wasn't a fan of the "headline" acts, thought they could of been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

08 is still one of the best line-ups IMO. Rage, REM, The Verve, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and thats without leaving the headliners.

08 is still one of the best line-ups IMO. Rage, REM, The Verve, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and thats without leaving the headliners.

Yup 08 is just behind 2005 imo. But by the looks of the TITP line up it could pass out 2008

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Judging by the fact that MCD are constantly plugging them, I reckon The Rubberbandits will probably grace us with their presence at Oxegen, which would be LETHAL! :D

I was at All Time Low last night, they didnt mention that they would be back for Oxegen, even though they are playing TITP. I'm guessing it was due to most of their crowd being too young for Oxegen . .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I was at All Time Low last night, they didnt mention that they would be back for Oxegen, even though they are playing TITP. I'm guessing it was due to most of their crowd being too young for Oxegen . .

Are they pre-pubescent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They probably don't even know which festivals they're playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

NShadows wrote: »
    Judging by the fact that MCD are constantly plugging them, I reckon The Rubberbandits will probably grace us with their presence at Oxegen, which would be LETHAL! :D

No no no no no

Did I mention no?
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Are they pre-pubescent?

Yep :p

Maybe ATL presumed they had been announced already since TITP was announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

NShadows wrote: »

It's probably for their gig in the Olympia in April

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

All Time Low and You Me At Six were both announced for Sonisphere that weekend as well...I know Josh from You me at six already mentioned oxegen at their show......but that might have fallen through since.

But no reason they couldn't do all 3 festivals tbh :)

All Time Low and You Me At Six were both announced for Sonisphere that weekend as well...I know Josh from You me at six already mentioned oxegen at their show......but that might have fallen through since.

But no reason they couldn't do all 3 festivals tbh :)
    I knew Josh had announced it. But I really hope we got all of these bands

Oxegen are to be reveal their full 2011 line-up – or damn close to it – at 8pm on Tuesday March 8th at www.oxegen.ie. Tickets will go on sale online immediately afterwards.

Once again there’ll be a ticket deposit scheme in operation, whereby you pay a portion upfront, make another payment in April and take care of the balance in June.

“This year, anyone buying tickets in March will have the exclusive 
chance
 to win money-can't-buy-experiences at the festival,” adds a spokesperson. “There’s a 
fantastic
 range of prizes from side of stage access to meet and greets, all for
 the ticket-buying fans. More details will be announced on Oxegen.ie.”

Registered users of Oxegen.ie and the Oxegen Facebook page are also in with a chance of being put on the guest-list for the exclusive Dublin Academy launch party that’s also taking place next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Queens of the Stoneage please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

Was at All Time Low the other night and agree...I highly doubt the lads know whats going on behind the scenes they just go out and have a good time!

High hopes for them at Oxegen with Dirty Work out in May.

Punky Festival if so!:D

smythwicks wrote: »
    Was at All Time Low the other night and agree...I highly doubt the lads know whats going on behind the scenes they just go out and have a good time!

High hopes for them at Oxegen with Dirty Work out in May.

Punky Festival if so!:D
    They were so good. If they didn't do Oxegen I would go to Sonisphere as the line-up on that is as good, if not better than TITP (mainly due to my Metallica obsession :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Somehow I have a feeling this year will be a mix of pop and rock with the lineup we had last year and with the Black Eyed Peas coming back.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Somehow I have a feeling this year will be a mix of pop and rock with the lineup we had last year and with the Black Eyed Peas coming back.

I think it will lean an the rock side which is great. If you take the TITP line up

Blink 182
    Foo Fighters
    MCR
    Weezer
    Manic Street Preachers
    The View
    Jimmy Eat World
    All Time Low
    White Lies
    You Me At Six
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Kids In Glass Houses
    Villagers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Yellowcard a possibility as they said they'd be touring again soon at some of their UK dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 meeegaan

I asked Alex when I met him if they were playing Oxegen, he said yes but then was like "ssssh". Seeing as Oxegen and TITP are near enough always the same, I'd say they're definitely playing.

Hey guys, just a quick question. With the way T in The Park sold so quick is there any chance that could happen Oxegen. I know it has not sold out too quick if at all the last few years. But the fact T sold out in less than an hour just has me a little worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I heard there was only 30,000 tickets left anyway when t in the park went back on sale anyway, I don't think you have too much to worry about, even if it does there's always plenty of tickets on ticket forums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Plan B mentioned the other night in Dublin that he'll be at Oxegen.

Anyways! Tomorrow is the day we'll finally learn a thing or two, with the fact that none of them have been announced for TITP I think my dreams of RHCP, Feeder and Pixie Lott being there have been shattered... :(

Advertisement