Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Hey guys, just a quick question. With the way T in The Park sold so quick is there any chance that could happen Oxegen. I know it has not sold out too quick if at all the last few years. But the fact T sold out in less than an hour just has me a little worried

T in the Park sells out very quickly every year. Pretty much all the big British festivals sell out very fast, the demand is much higher, don't worry about oxegen selling out in anyway similar fashion

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Winners_Facebook_Profile_Pic.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

aranciata wrote: »
    What's a big 4 announcement?
    and any chance for PJ Harvey and/or the Strokes?

BIG 4 = Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax. Won't happen for Oxegen - imo its too much of an Indie fest. Don't think we'll even get a Big 4 gig in it's own right here in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NShadows wrote: »

Anyways! Tomorrow is the day we'll finally learn a thing or two, with the fact that none of them have been announced for TITP I think my dreams of RHCP, Feeder and Pixie Lott being there have been shattered... :(

Feeder will probably be back in the studio finishing off their new album most the summer! It would be savage if they played though!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Hope theres a few surprises tomorrow and not the entire T in the park line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Do we also get the days split tomorrow as well? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

god no =)

the chances are sooo slim but im still hoping for the chemical brothers =)

Nope we will get them later on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Pretty sure thats in May :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It's less than 12 hours before everyone starts bitching and moaning on here how much the Oxegen lineup sucks. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Announcement tonight at 8pm :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Really hope its not the exact same as titp. Would love to see Biffy and Kasabian announced again. Their both doing festivals in the UK this summer so hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

What time is it announced tonight lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Poster just a post befores says 8 o clock........

Ill be at the launch YIPEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Horgan wrote: »
    Poster just a post befores says 8 o clock........
    :eek: my head just met the desk with such verocity that I caused bruising.

Ill be at the launch YIPEEEE
    I have tickets but can't make it =/ Least I won't miss the Champions League :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    Really hope its not the exact same as titp.

It'll be pretty close I'm sure...it always is.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Ha well im the opposite dont care about the CL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The Oxegen lineup would mean so much more to me if it was announced a half an hour earlier, but 15 minutes into Arsenal v Barcelona, it loses all significance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

You...wanna...give those tickets to....me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Oh God waiting to hear the full announcement is like waiting on Santa Clause when I was a kid.

But yeah please god Coldplay will be the third headliner:).

Right nowI think I can only go for one day but if Coldplay aren't announced I will go the day Artic Monkeys are supporting.

Btw do we hear what exact dates all the acts are playing by tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dararyder

Anybody hear much from Badly Drawn Boy lately. Been listening to Hour of the Bewilderbeast again recently. Cracking stuff. A real Gem, would love to see him in a nice small tent. Caribou and Arcade Fire would do nicely too please.

I think the script may be announced, they were advertising that tickets to oxegen are on sale tonight on twitter . . .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dararyder wrote: »
    Anybody hear much from Badly Drawn Boy lately. Been listening to Hour of the Bewilderbeast again recently. Cracking stuff. A real Gem, would love to see him in a nice small tent. Caribou and Arcade Fire would do nicely too please.

Seen as both of these are playing other festivals, i'll be stunned if they are anywhere near oxegen.

Also BDB has changed his sound alot since then, last time i saw him, he was a mess and played nothing off the old records.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

karaokeman wrote: »
    Oh God waiting to hear the full announcement is like waiting on Santa Clause when I was a kid.

But yeah please god Coldplay will be the third headliner:).

Right nowI think I can only go for one day but if Coldplay aren't announced I will go the day Artic Monkeys are supporting.

Btw do we hear what exact dates all the acts are playing by tonight?

You only get who's playing, not the days, unless it's done differently this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

Anyone know why RHCP were taken off the possible list? I know it list isn't official but it must count for something :/

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Come on The Strokes for 3rd headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bren2001

I think the script may be announced, they were advertising that tickets to oxegen are on sale tonight on twitter . . .

With their Aviva date this summer I'd be suprised if they played Oxegen.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    With their Aviva date this summer I'd be suprised if they played Oxegen.
    I thought that too but I just saw the tweet there and a thought arose

Advertisement