Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Tenks wrote: »
    That MCD announcement will probably just be Justin Bieber. :(

Nah Aiken Promotions announced him earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Justin Bieber? wtf? come on like, people going to that must be out of their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Fatboyslim would be unreal and of course daft punk but fatboyslim played marley park a few years ago so could be a call!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

KOL gig?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lordgoat wrote: »
    KOL gig?

Ha prob a second "Intimate " gig in the o2 or it could be the support acts for Slane.

Would love either Foo's gig , Maybe a Blink gig in Marley or we get the irish version of Soni :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ha prob a second "Intimate " gig in the o2 or it could be the support acts for Slane.

Would love either Foo's gig , Maybe a Blink gig in Marley or we get the irish version of Soni :)

Probably second intimate gig at Slane :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Turns out it was glee :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarahlou_ser

im devastated that iwas told oxegen is in cork this year!?

someone tell this is a fat rumour! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

im devastated that iwas told oxegen is in cork this year!?

someone tell this is a fat rumour! :rolleyes:

Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

MCD don't usually announce the Oxegen lineup until February/March. I do remember there was one year where they announced one of the headliners around this time, before they released early bird tickets.

• Advertisement

MCD don't usually announce the Oxegen lineup until February/March. I do remember there was one year where they announced one of the headliners around this time, before they released early bird tickets.

Yea i think it was in 2007 that they announced KOL were voted to return and headline the following year. I think they should announce them early this year to see if it would sell a bit better.
    Cant see them moving to Cork since it would be a bit of a travel from Dublin for all artists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ado Glass

It was this time EXACTLY last year that Kasabian said at the end of their o2 gig, 'See yous at Oxegen'!! Hopefully news breaks in the next few fews!Hopefully Daft Punk...the release of the Tron Soundtrack, they might just go on tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Fatboyslim would be unreal and of course daft punk but fatboyslim played marley park a few years ago so could be a call!

Fatboy headlined with Vodafone Stage this year at Oxegen sure.....
    he was brill btw

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

DJKendo wrote: »
    Fatboy headlined with Vodafone Stage this year at Oxegen sure.....
    he was brill btw

Ah my bad, i lived abroad last year, i missed oxegen, i had been to the last 4 years before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

A little birdie told me Bloc Party are back and will be playing........

I told him to piss off and not to make fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Blink 182 UK tour, first date on 8th July, next one on 12th July!

Mushy wrote: »
    Blink 182 UK tour, first date on 8th July, next one on 12th July!

Yup and no Scottish or Irish dates. I wonder does this make them a possibility? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Guys how likely are blink to play oxegen? not a fan myself, just findin out for a friend. cheers guys. :rolleyes:

Guys how likely are blink to play oxegen? not a fan myself, just findin out for a friend. cheers guys. :rolleyes:

Most likely, indeed.

If those UK tour dates are true then it is highly likely that they'll be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

If those UK tour dates are true then it is highly likely that they'll be playing.

http://www.bompa.com/blog/blink182/blink-182-returns-to-europe/

Could Coldplay be possible now since they hav been announced for Rock Am Ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If Blink 182 and RHCP are playing, I'll be very happy, regardless of whatother acts are on.
    When are the Early Bird tickets out?

Are Beady Eye a possibility?

Wonder will RHCP do festivals in August/Sept since they have been confirmed for Rock In Rio .

Blink are cert now unless they decide to do there own gig like Green Day. Could see Beady Eye playing possibly high up Hot Press Academy or early Green Room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Blink to play the 9th/Saturday for T in the Park, then the Sunday for Oxegen it looks like :D

Found this about Isle Of Wight festival which pretty much confirms Foo's for Oxegen
    How long have you had the headliners booked for?
    Probably for about a month, earlier than usual, with the Foo's and Kings Of Leon we've got an exclusive festival appearance from each of them, they're also doing their own shows, and not doing any other English festivals, they might do a Scottish or Irish festival, and Kasabian is an exclusive UK appearance, because they'll probably do some dates of their own later in the year, but they wanted to do something to launch the campaign. They'd been to the Isle Of Wight before and liked it. I'm good friends with them I put them on some shows with U2 throughout Europe, and it just seemed the natural thing to do. I wanted someone that was going to close the show with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mr.S wrote: »
    Foos
    can see Chemical Brothers headlining.

I'd be shocked if the Chemical Brothers headlined, maybe second stage as thats what they did a few years back. Although, I do believe Daft Punk are essentially set to play again this year and they wont have them and the Chemical Brothers.

Can see Pulp playing as headliners, dont particularly want them to...

Are Daft Punk even doing anything? I mean I can't see them touring without a proper new album out, unless you count the Tron score. But that'd be a bit weird.

Isn't the Tron soundtrack basically a Daft Punk album? I was under the impression that they would tour behind it from next year but there's absolutely no indication that they would play Oxegen again.

Are Daft Punk even doing anything? I mean I can't see them touring without a proper new album out, unless you count the Tron score. But that'd be a bit weird.

They did more than the Tron score. They wrote 24 tracks for the movie. That is being released in two weeks. With the release of that Id be suprised if they didnt do a few shows.

• Advertisement

Isn't the Tron soundtrack basically a Daft Punk album? I was under the impression that they would tour behind it from next year but there's absolutely no indication that they would play Oxegen again.

Yeah, there is no indication that they are playing oxegen, wild guess on my part. In fairness, the Chemical Brothers have a new album coming out as well. I'd be suprised if one of these didnt play Oxegen.

RHCP are also playing the Summer Sonic Festival (Japan). Dunno if they are playing any European dates tho. I think they are more of a possibility for 2012 although Id love to see them play this year.

Advertisement