Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Why have Blink 182 disappeared?!! :mad:

Feck. Only bought tickets for them & Foo Fighters...

Though am happy enough with Weezer and Jimmy Eat World... but feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The Script are deadly live, I'm really happy they're playing, I didn't get tickets for any of their recent shows, and I was not expecting them to, what with their gig in the Aviva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

Well its only 2 acts from like 50+ that will be playing Friday. Also, Script were pretty good back in '09
    Fair point, hopefully Pendulum or Calvin on then :P

From Oxegen facebook

"
    There's some indecision on blink-182's tour - we expect news this week so stay tuned!"

=/

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Some indecision on Blink 182 tour according to oxegen twitter.

• Advertisement

From Oxegen facebook

"
    There's some indecision on blink-182's tour - we expect news this week so stay tuned!"

=/

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Blink said they won't do any tours until their album is finished

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    Blink said they won't do any tours until their album is finished

Well then if they don't have it finished by July it'll be a right joke, they can't say oh we'll play and then do that =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

An oxegen without any "wow" bands it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Well there's always someone who pulls out. But 4 months before the event itself is a bit much :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Man that is some line up :)

It's not definite that Blink are pulling out I guess, but they still shouldn't have been announced if it wasn't 100%.

Foo Fighters are the wow band, in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jaysus Oxegen, get your website back up willya

An oxegen without any "wow" bands it seems.

Foo Fighters & Coldplay alone are total WOW bands....they would sell out the likes of Croke Park/Aviva 5 times over if they were to play

Add Gaslight Anthem, 30 Seconds to Mars, Biffy or Editors and I'll be happy

Well then if they don't have it finished by July it'll be a right joke, they can't say oh we'll play and then do that =/

I think they've finished but they are waiting on the label or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Foo Fighters & Coldplay alone are total WOW bands....they would sell out the likes of Croke Park/Aviva 5 times over if they were to play

wouldn't agree with that. comparing them to Eminem or Rage Against the Machine they're nothing special in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Not happy at all about the Blink news :mad:
    Very happy with the rest of the line up though. Really looking forward to it now :D

wouldn't agree with that. comparing them to Eminem or Rage Against the Machine they're nothing special in my eyes.

All great acts, but you cannot compare any of them to each other...they are totally different styles of music......And yes, just coz you dont like them, if Foos or Coldplay were to announce stadium gigs in Ireland & UK, they wouldnt be long selling out

Blink were the first act to be announced, ffs. Argh.

YouMeAtSix were supposed to be playing too and they're not there either, they're supporting blink on the UK tour... coincidence?

But Jimmy Eat World are too and they're there, so that probably kills that theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm kinda surprised that Linkin Park aren't playing to be honest. They've just released a new album. IMO they'd be better headliners than Coldplay.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised that Linkin Park aren't playing to be honest. They've just released a new album.

Would kill to see them. Hearsay has it that if blink pull out LP will take their place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

ive only seen a small list but its a serious lineup, delighted with the strokes!! foo fighters, monkeys, coldplay-all serious headliners, plus the likes of the national etc-i might have to do oxegen one more time!

swedish house mafia-know loads wouldnt be interested but they put on an incredible live show, the dance arena will have the roof blown off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Blink are still doing T in the Park, full uk arena tour the days before/after that weekend...(So they will be around) and still list Oxegen on their site. (unless they forgot to take it down...)

Unless someone forgot to put them on the lineup........

would seem kinda weird them dropping out.

Happy with the lineup! :D my chem, atl, foo fighters, etc...i can certainly live with that! :D
    blink would just sweeten the deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

No blink would absolutely kill any excitement I have about going to Oxegen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭WeightierDisc

WE WANT BLINK!! WE WANT BLINK!! WE WANT BLINK!!.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Blink are still doing T in the Park, full uk arena tour the days before/after that weekend...(So they will be around) and still list Oxegen on their site. (unless they forgot to take it down...)

Their site is updated very irregularly so unfortunately that's nothing to go by really.

Really hope they play their own gig instead cos I'd only be going to Oxegen to see them! Doubtful but a girl can dream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

The post about blink has been taken down. The plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

tomissex wrote: »
    Their site is updated very irregularly so unfortunately that's nothing to go by really.

Really hope they play their own gig instead cos I'd only be going to Oxegen to see them! Doubtful but a girl can dream :p

Good point...but still if an issue did arise in the past week or weeks....it'd probaly be better for blink to take it down....

No chance of their own gig seeing as their only free dates are the oxygen weekend....so a lot of possible ticket buyers being gone to that = not many sales :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cocopop94

As happy as I am that Brandon Flowers has been announced, I always imagined that when I'd see him at oxegen he'd be there as the front man of the killers, doing what he does best :(

Advertisement