Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I think I speak for everyone when I say . . . WHERE THE HELL IS TOM JONES

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

and where the fccuk is blink on that line up sheet ????

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Maybe the hard part would be all the travelling for Travis on one weekend cause he only drives and gets boats now so would be exchausthing, I'd prefer to see them play their own gig at O2 anyway again, Great Times:)

Tenks wrote: »
    No blink would absolutely kill any excitement I have about going to Oxegen.

hahaha . . . . no :rolleyes:

actually i hope blink pull out of oxygen , they're so much better than that anyway !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

A V A wrote: »
    hahaha . . . . no :rolleyes:

hahaha... yes? I'd pay €240 for just blink if I had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I actually did a happy dance.
    Friday is sheeite, hopefully there'll be something good on somewhere else.
    Delighted Mumford and Sons aren't playing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

They must be announcing someone else for the Friday or Blink must be playing then if everything gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Eminem in for Blink:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'm pretty disappointed really. I hope Arctic Monkeys announce a non-festival gig here this summer.

I have absolutely no interest in BEP/The Script/Coldplay/Nutini/Brandon Flowers/MCR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I have absolutely no interest in BEP/The Script/Coldplay/Nutini/Brandon Flowers/MCR.

I'm only interested in The Script out of all of them, but I'm happy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Hey it will be my first time ever going to oxegen getting the ticket as an 18th birthday present. I won't be getting the ticket for about another month it will be a four day camping ticket, was just wondering do the tickets sell out at all or whats the story witht them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Princessxx wrote: »
    Hey it will be my first time ever going to oxegen getting the ticket as an 18th birthday present. I won't be getting the ticket for about another month it will be a four day camping ticket, was just wondering do the tickets sell out at all or whats the story witht them:D

Nah doubt they will,no need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Different headliner to TITP as I predicted for the Friday... didn't think it would be Black Eyed Peas but I suppose they're big enough. Personally I'm really surprised to see The Script playing with a headline Aviva Stadium gig on the weekend before.

Don't see much in the way of surprises unfortunately... seems to be a very typical Oxegen lineup. Weezer and some of the dance acts I'd be interested in.

It's strange that they have omitted Blink. I see no reason why they would pull out of Oxegen if they are already playing TITP. One possible scenario is one I saw mentioned earlier: that the new album won't be done and the band have decided to scrap or postpone their whole Euro tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Princessxx wrote: »

They will eventually but not until the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

No biffy either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Welshman666

i must see, planB,weezer, tinie tempah, jimmy eat world, bloody beatroots, pendulum, crystal castles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Maybe the issues with Blink are due to the fact we got the Strokes. Blink were meant to headline the second stage and maybe the Strokes said they would only play if they headlined a stage. Maybe MCD see the Strokes exclusivity as a massive coup decided to put them as headliners, pushing Blink down which must not have sat well.

Conspiracy theory :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Weezer are playing. Looks like I'm going to oxegen so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully if Blink are out then TITP lose them also. Im worried because i would have thought BLink would have taken a 2nd from top slot on the Main but there all full by the looks of it.

The launch party was great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

mark182 wrote: »
    Maybe the hard part would be all the travelling for Travis on one weekend cause he only drives and gets boats now so would be exchausthing

I live in Dundee for uni, just under a hour drive west to where TITP is held (and so further away from Ireland). They are down for playing TITP on the 9th and Oxegen on the 10th, with nothing for the 11th. It took me about 10 hours to get from Louth to Dundee on a ferry in September, that's with stopping for something to eat/stretching the legs, getting lost, loading and unloading the ferry and waiting for the ferry, because we were really early.

They could easily get to Ireland overnight, sleeping on the tour bus/ferry...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

audreykerr wrote: »
    I live in Dundee for uni, just under a hour drive west to where TITP is held (and so further away from Ireland). They are down for playing TITP on the 9th and Oxegen on the 10th, with nothing for the 11th. It took me about 10 hours to get from Louth to Dundee on a ferry in September, that's with stopping for something to eat/stretching the legs, getting lost, loading and unloading the ferry and waiting for the ferry, because we were really early.

They could easily get to Ireland overnight, sleeping on the tour bus/ferry...

And Travis would have to do that at least twice in the weekend not mentioning his trip over from America and returning to there or going to anywhere else that he might be travelling to

It's certainly not something I'd like to put myself through

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

And Travis would have to do that at least twice in the weekend not mentioning his trip over from America and returning to there or going to anywhere else that he might be travelling to

It's certainly not something I'd like to put myself through

They are playing in mainland Europe from June and doing English stadium dates with TITP and Oxegen in between. It's not simply a few festivals. They have the day after Oxegen free to just take it easy getting to England for the 12th.

They made the trip last year, playing UK dates and mainland Europe and their Dublin gig. It might not be pleasant, but they knew what they were getting themselves into.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Delighted about the strokes, thats me sold.

Black Eyed Peas and The script have to go down as the two worst headlining acts at a festival, ever. Even above the Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

May buy a day ticket for Weezer...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I really don't think I can justify paying for the full weekend to be honest. I personally don't think the main headliners are that strong. Foo Fighters are the only ones I'd really like to see on the main stage headlining.

Also I genuinely laughed out loud when I saw House Of Pain on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

House of Pain are a highlight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Plasterer Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bruno Mars also added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Bruno Mars also added?

Yes.. He's in most of that video :p

What are the chances of Calvin Harris clashing with the Foos?

Advertisement