Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BLOODY BEETROOTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

And Travis would have to do that at least twice in the weekend not mentioning his trip over from America and returning to there or going to anywhere else that he might be travelling to

It's certainly not something I'd like to put myself through

You'd think he's being put through torture! Britain and Ireland are the only islands Blink are playing and it's the only time apart from getting over to Europe from the States that Travis will have to use the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You'd think he's being put through torture! Britain and Ireland are the only islands Blink are playing and it's the only time apart from getting over to Europe from the States that Travis will have to use the ferry.

Am i missing something here? Does Travis not do boats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Bit more info on days.

MCR, All Time Low and Weezer will be on the Friday
    Jimmy Eat World are on the Sunday

From each bands website tour dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Anyone know what date Two Door Cinema Club are playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

scudzilla wrote: »

He doesn't do planes after he was involved in a plane crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

StereoLove wrote: »
    Anyone know what date Two Door Cinema Club are playing?
    Hope its early on Saturday.

Hope its early on Saturday.

Same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Maybe the issues with Blink are due to the fact we got the Strokes. Blink were meant to headline the second stage and maybe the Strokes said they would only play if they headlined a stage. Maybe MCD see the Strokes exclusivity as a massive coup decided to put them as headliners, pushing Blink down which must not have sat well.

Conspiracy theory :P

The way I read it was that strokes would lead into coldplay. Could be wrong but that would mean that blink would have been free for the second stage. I'd say it's the album thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Personally i would rather Blink (if not cancelled) up against BEP imo . By the looks of it they will need a major act to go up against BEP

• Advertisement

Oxegen office have told eFestivals that at the moment Blink 182 are still expected to appear

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Personally i would rather Blink (if not cancelled) up against BEP imo . By the looks of it they will need a major act to go up against BEP

Well if My Chemical Romance and Weezer are playing Friday, it would more than likely be one of them headlining Vodafone Stage while BEP are on the Main!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyone know the date for beady eye ?

if its the saturday i think il jizz my pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

****! I wanna go now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Me and a group of friends were thinking of going for 3 nights camping. Blue or Red campsite? Or does it make a difference? And is it true that it's over 17's get in, not over 18's? Thanks...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

scudzilla wrote: »

I was just explaining what another poster had said. And I can imagine that the travelling would be tiring enough for him

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

Hey guys .. Can't say the line up has WOW'd me .. I mean, last year we had Eminem, Jay-Z, David Guetta, Muse, ect .. It was brilliant. However I'd love to see Deadmau5 and SHM, Coldplay would come next, anybody have any idea when the timetable is released ?

Looks like Weezer will play on the Friday as they're down for Sunday at TITP. A shame as I was hoping they and Blink (should they be reconfirmed) would play on the same day.

Looks like Weezer will play on the Friday as they're down for Sunday at TITP. A shame as I was hoping they and Blink (should they be reconfirmed) would play on the same day.

Same , looks like blink are on the 10th (again if still playing) . Anyone think they were maybe supposed to get the slot the Strokes have and maybe have been given a different one and not happy

Same , looks like blink are on the 10th (again if still playing) . Anyone think they were maybe supposed to get the slot the Strokes have and maybe have been given a different one and not happy

I wouldn't think so, The Strokes will probably be announced for TITP at a later stage. Honestly the only legitimate reason I can see is that the new album won't be finished in time:
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/blink-182-news/tom-delonge-interview-with-rocksound/179851975390695

WILL [NEW ALBUM] BE DONE IN TIME FOR THE UK SHOWS?

Absolutely - we will not tour if there is no new record. The goal is to finish and squeeze it out at the very last minute so people have the new songs in time for the dates. The album will be great, I promise you that. It's going to be what everyone wants it to be. It will be fun and full of attitude but the songs are super-relevent and giant sounding. Think Blink, but statium rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

..was hoping for Weezer, Foos, Monkeys, Blink, The Strokes, Jimmy Eat World and Beady Eye all on the Saturday and all in the Heineken tent one after the other:p, but just saw Weezer playin Soni that Day..:(
    Ahh well..know where i'll be friday night.. BEP on Main or Hash Pipe, Undone, Beverley Hills, Buddy Holly etc etc etc on 2nd stage makes it an easy choice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The album will be great, I promise you that. It's going to be what everyone wants it to be. It will be fun and full of attitude but the songs are super-relevent and giant sounding. Think Blink, but statium rock.

...I'm thinking Green Day :P

A friend of mine was wondering if there is any facility for pets? (she's gonna be camping)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A friend of mine was wondering if there is any facility for pets? (she's gonna be camping)

No. Perhaps in the campervan site, but i doubt it. I cant see why anyone would want to bring an animal into the campsite, there's enough drunken animals already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not the kind of place for pets...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Line up isn't amazing but still decent for me. I really want to see The Foo Fghter and Blink, I've already got a gang going so I'll be buying my tickets soon as I have the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Anyone got any idea when they'll allocate bands to specific days?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If they got say Elbow or Brand New, I'd well buy a ticket for this.

maximoose wrote: »
    No. Perhaps in the campervan site, but i doubt it. I cant see why anyone would want to bring an animal into the campsite, there's enough drunken animals already ;)
    Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not the kind of place for pets...

That's what I told her, but she still wanted me to ask:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No offence but why would she want to bring her pet to a festival?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150422096865538

Advertisement