Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm the opposite. I usually love the Oxegen lineup, but prefer the EP experience - this year, the EP lineup effortlessly trounces the Oxegen lineup for my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Oxegen LU is pure shoyt this year

EP was always shoyt

Off to Pukkelpop liom :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I will admit EP line up is prob the strongest they have ever head especially with getting Arcade Fire and Chemical Bros.

But also imo Oxegen has one of their strongest line ups aswell since 05. So will prob head to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oxegen usually has plenty of terrific bands hidden in there down the poster somewhere though; this year they've got sod all in that regard.

Not to be too much of an insufferable hipster wannabe, but while EP's stuff isn't as well known, they're all much stronger acts. I've no interest at all in Oxegen, but I'd eat a Ha'penny Bridge beggar alive to get to EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

I'd say this has been asked already and sorry if it was but does anyone know when they'll announce more acts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Really only going for the Friday.....was looking at getting single tickets for both that and saturday though...foo's might be worth it :D

Then realised it'd be 199 euro for seperate single tickets...or an extra 50 cent for a day ticket....quite a small price difference imho? :pac:

So looks like the best bet would be to get a 3 day if i'm doing 2...and end up selling it to someone after the saturday if they only want sunday...for at least 51 cents :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really only going for the Friday.....was looking at getting single tickets for both that and saturday though...foo's might be worth it :D

Then realised it'd be 199 euro for seperate single tickets...or an extra 50 cent for a day ticket....quite a small price difference imho? :pac:

So looks like the best bet would be to get a 3 day if i'm doing 2...and end up selling it to someone after the saturday if they only want sunday...for at least 51 cents :cool:

I don't think you can sell the last day of a three day ticket, its just one single ticket, correct me if I'm wrong though, I've only got camping before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Namlub wrote: »
    And I'm going to sound like an idiot, but what are the pits?

An area at the front that holds about 5,000 to stop crowd surges, it's the front area in the photo below..

Oxegen5.JPG

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you get the 3 day non camping ticket you get 1 wristband therefore if you wanted to give it away/sell it all you need to do is cut it off or slip it off and give it to someone

If you get the 3 day non camping ticket you get 1 wristband therefore if you wanted to give it away/sell it all you need to do is cut it off or slip it off and give it to someone

There is a slight risk in doing that though. Cutting it off is taking a chance. Slipping it off is very difficult.

The safest option is to cut your hand off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

There is a slight risk in doing that though. Cutting it off is taking a chance. Slipping it off is very difficult.

The safest option is to cut your hand off

Is it really that hard to get off? So if i was to go for a 3 days non camping....i'd have to keep it on for the 3 days during showers and everything? o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Is it really that hard to get off? So if i was to go for a 3 days non camping....i'd have to keep it on for the 3 days during showers and everything? o_0

They put them on quite tight so getting them over your hand can be fairly difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

I know its early and only going by whats said on there websites but a clash of artic monkeys/foos on the main stage and pendulum/deadmau5 on the 2nd stage would be just a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Up until last year they gave out paper wristbands that wore away very easily. Last year they used a fabric, and it was really durable. I saw a guy recently still wearing his and it still looked brand new!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I saw a guy recently still wearing his and it still looked brand new!!

The crusty bastard

I still have mine on from last year. It gets washed when you wash so it ain't that crusty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Up until last year they gave out paper wristbands that wore away very easily. Last year they used a fabric, and it was really durable. I saw a guy recently still wearing his and it still looked brand new!!

I dont understand why people still wear the wristband after the festival is over. I know a few guys who have at least 4 or 5 still on from past festivals, what's the point?!

maximoose wrote: »
    I dont understand why people still wear the wristband after the festival is over. I know a few guys who have at least 4 or 5 still on from past festivals, what's the point?!
    Its a new fashion statement the cool kids have these days :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

maximoose wrote: »
    I like my accessories, and music's a big part of my life. I have a rake of bands on my left arm and I guess I wear them in part to reflect my love of music.

I also have a fair few run-of-the-mill bracelets on my right wrist. Would you consider these pointless as well because the have no recognisable utility?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Is it true that Calvin Harris may only play a DJ set on the Thursday??

I will actually kill someone if that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Is it true that Calvin Harris may only play a DJ set on the Thursday??

I will actually kill someone if that's true.

http://lunamagazine.com/music/calvin-harris-quits-live-performances

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fukc

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

:

Fukc

:(
    well i personally think his dj sets are unreal as well, saw him supporting deadmau5 in the o2 in december and man he was good :cool:

He was supporting Deadma5? madness :p

I dont think I'll make it down for the Thursday though, I'll hardly get that much time off work :(

I was so very excited for him and all, now I nearly wish I wasn't going.. I'm not quite a big enough Foos fan for them to make up for it :(

So efestivals tweeted me today and said that Blink are still playing . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Namlub wrote: »
    Are you seeing Deadmau5? :pac:

And I'm going to sound like an idiot, but what are the pits?

It's very likely I will be. I think he'll be on the same time as the Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys, who I'm not very bothered seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

dunno if its been said but hurts are playing friday according to their facebook.would love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I seen them in the 2fm tent last year, had never heard of them before at the time

Saw a Calvin Harris DJ set at UCD Ball last year, was sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

df1985 wrote: »
    dunno if its been said but hurts are playing friday according to their facebook.would love to see them.

Yeah they were actually in the first announcement, just never put on the poster, as were johnny and jenny? Or something like that. They were great in the 4th stage last year.

Advertisement