Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

If you go in with a big crowd they wouldn't check.

during the daytime that would work, but at night it's really hard to get in without a wristband, there was always a wall of security guys blocking people getting in without showing wristbands last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If you go in with a big crowd they wouldn't check.
    Not necessarily, as far as I remember almost every time I went into the arena you were split up into a few lines and checked by security on the way in, for alcohol and for wristbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

You still have to show your wristband going into the arena from the campsite each day, its very easy to tell the difference between the 3 day wristband and the 1 day wristband.
    theres no 1 day wristbands.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

theres no 1 day wristbands.....

Really? I've definitely seen some other random coloured ones on people, I've never just done one day myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Really? I've definitely seen some other random coloured ones on people, I've never just done one day myself though.

haha, no, there isnt any 1 day wristbands, there are only camping and non-camping ones =) a friend of mine got in last year after flashing his EP wristband from a year before =D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

haha, no, there isnt any 1 day wristbands, there are only camping and non-camping ones =) a friend of mine got in last year after flashing his EP wristband from a year before =D

So what do the 1 dayers get?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

So what do the 1 dayers get?!

A crown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Just their ticket, different color bands are for the different campsites blue, red, green ,vip etc..
    The day goers get nothing thats how they know they are only there for the day :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Joekers wrote: »
    Just their ticket, different color bands are for the different campsites blue, red, green ,vip etc..
    The day goers get nothing thats how they know they are only there for the day :rolleyes:

I know that the green campsites have a different band but red and blue have the same if I remember. and then the 3 dayers had a different one so I assumed that the one dayers got a band as well instead of just using tix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

I know that the green campsites have a different band but red and blue have the same if I remember. and then the 3 dayers had a different one so I assumed that the one dayers got a band as well instead of just using tix

Oh ye forgot they just use 1 color band now they used to have different color bands till they realised people just sleep where ever they want to :D Ye but as far as one dayers go they get nout only the ticket they bought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I dont remember ever having different wristband when i was camping from 06-08. Anyone i seen had the same one as me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Any word on when the info for luxury camping is coming out?
    Or if its happening this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bangingtunes

Hi,

I have never been to a festival before and honestly never used a card online before and i'm having trouble with the 'verifying the visa' page, i've typed in all the fields but there's no where to click and it won't let me progress to finalize?

I posted on the main boards with no luck

Any help? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Strange how there's still been no update on the Blink-182 omission.

Nothing else changed on their Euro tour so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Can you buy tickets at ticketmaster venues like that one on Grafton Street or do you have to purchase online.

You can buy them at any ticketmaster outlet.
    Also Crystal Castles have been confirmed via Oxegen FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

At the 2009 oxegen I lost my wristband on the Friday and wasn't checked for the whole rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

What are the chances of QOTSA? Has anybody heard anything? They are playing 4 European festivals the week before. If MCD were to get them where could they slot into the line up? Headline Green Spheres? Main Stage before Foos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

I got a 4 day camping during the early bird. Any idea when it's going to be sent out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What are the chances of QOTSA? Has anybody heard anything? They are playing 4 European festivals the week before. If MCD were to get them where could they slot into the line up? Headline Green Spheres? Main Stage before Foos?

I would say main stage Friday, Saturday and sunday are pretty full. If they play at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Kettle22

What way are the shower facilities up there? Because from what I hear, it's just people spraying you with a hose :D. Which to be honest I don't really mind, but as a festival virgin, I need to know what to expect! :p

Kettle22 wrote: »
    What way are the shower facilities up there? Because from what I hear, it's just people spraying you with a hose :D. Which to be honest I don't really mind, but as a festival virgin, I need to know what to expect! :p

There's always plenty of showers over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kettle22 wrote: »

There are proper showers, with hot water at certain times. All open and no privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Does anyone know the bus routes that leave for the people going on different days?

I live in Leixlip and I have a 3-day non-camping pass.

I might be staying with my friend in Naas but I will get home if I can.

If all else fails I will get a taxi on friday and saturday and organise a lift home for the sunday.

I would say main stage Friday, Saturday and sunday are pretty full. If they play at all.

Maybe have QOTSA headline Vodafone on either Friday or Sunday (if Blink dont do it on Sunday) . Or 3rd last on Main before Arctic Monkeys and Foo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You can buy them at any ticketmaster outlet.
    Also Crystal Castles have been confirmed via Oxegen FB

They've been on the poster since it first came out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

karaokeman wrote: »
    Can you buy tickets at ticketmaster venues like that one on Grafton Street or do you have to purchase online.

stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

No, it's not - particularly if coming from abroad where, believe it or not, Ticketmaster don't have a complete monopoly on all avenues of ticket distribution.

No, it's not - particularly if coming from abroad where, believe it or not, Ticketmaster don't have a complete monopoly on all avenues of ticket distribution.

If he's from abroad why would he specifically ask about the branch on Grafton Street? 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

cabrwab wrote: »
    Any word on when the info for luxury camping is coming out?
    Or if its happening this year!

I got an email from The tangerine fields website about Oxegen 2011 you can book with them now apparently.

Efestivals are still confirming blink 182 for oxegen july 10

Advertisement