Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Really hope The View play Oxegen but heard them saying they only want to play T in the park or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really hope The View play Oxegen but heard them saying they only want to play T in the park or something like that.

Love The View so much, I'm going to Oxegen and V Festival this year and was sure they'd play one but they were announced for Reading the other day which rules out V, Oxegen is the last hope. The new album is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Love The View so much, I'm going to Oxegen and V Festival this year and was sure they'd play one but they were announced for Reading the other day which rules out V, Oxegen is the last hope. The new album is excellent

i hear they are playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

When will more bands be announced?

I really think MGMT should play Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Personally if one of Tom Jones, QOTSA, Limp Bizkit or Sum 41 are announced I would be a very happy camper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Think QOTSA are looking more and more likely, would definitely like that

and some Death Cab

Personally if one of Tom Jones, QOTSA, Limp Bizkit or Sum 41 are announced I would be a very happy camper

I'll be a happy camper if my tent stays up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ooh! I would love it if QOTSA were announced.. I'm not able to make it to their gig in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

maximoose wrote: »
    Think QOTSA are looking more and more likely, would definitely like that

Why do you think that? :D If they are announced I'll see them twice in the space of 2 months :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tom Jones prob wont play since he is playing Cork a few weeks before Oxegen. QOTSA are strong rumour since they will be around Europe , LB/Sum 41 are in the UK the same weekend so once again very possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

:eek::eek: If Sum 41 play I will scream! I have to see them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Does anybody know if Eminem has any plans to play Oxygen again sometime in the future years. I'm still so disappointed that I didn't get to go last year to see him.:(
    I've never been to Oxygen, or any festival event. I thought last year was going to be the year, but couldn't afford it.
    I'm not hugely excited by the line up so far, none that make me go "wow, I have to see them!", like with Eminem last year.
    There are plenty of really good ones too though that I know I would enjoy very much, and would look forward to seeing.
    My friends and myself want to go this year. If I have saved the money before the tickets are sold out then I will go.
    Just a few questions:

. What time of year do the tickets usually sell out by?

. The 4 day camping ticket - what is the point of it?
    Is the extra 4th day the Thursday before the event, or the Monday the day after the event?
    What happens on the 4th day, like are there other acts playing for the day [it only advertises acts for 3 days], or is just so you can get there early for a good camping spot?
    Is it worth buying the 4 day? Anyone I know has only gone for the 3 day.

. How safe is the place? I've heard horror stories of people's tents getting pissed on, people getting mugged in their tents, people getting jumped by scumbags. It could be all ****e though, because they were never firsthand accounts, just some things that other people had heard.
    Anyone I know who has been there loved it, but I would be very nervous about sleeping incase a group of people went near our tent.
    I have an irrational fair of somebody lighting a bonfire or bbq, and our tent catching fire when we're sleeping. [sounds weird I know]
    Is it generally a fairly safe place?

. Can you bring food with you? If so, what would be some good ideas that don't need to be refrigerated?
    I've heard that there is a Centra with disposable bbq's [hence where my fear of other people starting an accidental fire comes from:o],
    I wouldn't mind using one of these myself though, and just picking up a few bits in Centra.
    Would this be the best option for food, because I hear the food stalls are very expensive. What's the average price of a burger/chips at them?

. If going, I would bring a lot of drink (in plastic bottles) with me.Is there a limit as to how much drink you can bring? If I ran out, how pricey are the alcohol stalls? Do they sell spirits? [ because I don't like beer.]

. If the showers are open with no cubicles, then do people wear anything in them? I would be uncomfortable showering naked with piles of strangers. Would I just be better off roughing it with lots of cleansing wipes, deodorant, and just using the showers to wash my hair?

Sorry for having such a pile of questions. Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anybody know if Eminem has any plans to play Oxygen again sometime in the future years. I'm still so disappointed that I didn't get to go last year to see him.:(
    I've never been to Oxygen, or any festival event. I thought last year was going to be the year, but couldn't afford it.
    I'm not hugely excited by the line up so far, none that make me go "wow, I have to see them!", like with Eminem last year.
    There are plenty of really good ones too though that I know I would enjoy very much, and would look forward to seeing.
    My friends and myself want to go this year. If I have saved the money before the tickets are sold out then I will go.
    Just a few questions:

. What time of year do the tickets usually sell out by?
    Quite often they don't sell out at all. Haven't in the last few years

. The 4 day camping ticket - what is the point of it?
    Is the extra 4th day the Thursday before the event, or the Monday the day after the event?
    What happens on the 4th day, like are there other acts playing for the day [it only advertises acts for 3 days], or is just so you can get there early for a good camping spot?
    Is it worth buying the 4 day? Anyone I know has only gone for the 3 day.
    The 4th day is the Thursday before. It's just a day to set yourself up and settle in before the acts the next day. There might be some small stuff on the the blus campsite that you can head to. We went to the headphone disco in 09 iirc. I've done 3 ('10) and 4 day ('09). 3 Day was fine for me but then again I didn't have to set anything up when I had gotten there as my friends had all arrived the day before. If you want to get a good place and to take your time I would recommend 4 day

. How safe is the place? I've heard horror stories of people's tents getting pissed on, people getting mugged in their tents, people getting jumped by scumbags. It could be all ****e though, because they were never firsthand accounts, just some things that other people had heard.
    Anyone I know who has been there loved it, but I would be very nervous about sleeping incase a group of people went near our tent.
    I have an irrational fair of somebody lighting a bonfire or bbq, and our tent catching fire when we're sleeping. [sounds weird I know]
    Is it generally a fairly safe place?
    Well I or anyone that I know have never had anything like that happen to us. Worst we had was someone from the group next to us (underage scumbags) passing out in one of our tents. we soon moved and learned our lesson for the next year of where not to put up our tent

. Can you bring food with you? If so, what would be some good ideas that don't need to be refrigerated?
    I've heard that there is a Centra with disposable bbq's [hence where my fear of other people starting an accidental fire comes from:o],
    I wouldn't mind using one of these myself though, and just picking up a few bits in Centra.
    Would this be the best option for food, because I hear the food stalls are very expensive. What's the average price of a burger/chips at them?
    Yep you can bring plenty of food with you. It's what I have survived on two years in a row! :) You can bring stuff like sandwich fillings and bread and loads of snacky stuff
    Food in the place is expensive, Even in Centra although it's not completely unaffordable

. If going, I would bring a lot of drink (in plastic bottles) with me.Is there a limit as to how much drink you can bring? If I ran out, how pricey are the alcohol stalls? Do they sell spirits? [ because I don't like beer.]
    There's no limit afaik. Never bought from the stalls but I do remember friends complaining about the price of pints.
    There was a bacardi stand in the arena in 09 that sold various rum concoctions!

. If the showers are open with no cubicles, then do people wear anything in them? I would be uncomfortable showering naked with piles of strangers. Would I just be better off roughing it with lots of cleansing wipes, deodorant, and just using the showers to wash my hair?
    Most people wear their swimming costumes. Tbh cleansing wipes, deodorant and dry shampoo will be your best friends for the weekend. There are often queues for the showers and they can be absolutely disgusting. It's just as easy to rough it an enjoy an amazing shower when you get home!

Sorry for having such a pile of questions. Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated.:)

Answers above in bold :)
    Hope they're ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Does anybody know if Eminem has any plans to play Oxygen again sometime in the future years.

I hope not...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FreshTillDeath

Lil wayne is playing The marquee in Cork on the 4th of July . . Chances of him playing Oxegen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Answers above in bold :)
    Hope they're ok!

Thanks so much XxMCRxBabyxX! That was very helpful to me. Should have enough time to save for it so!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Shando316

Lil wayne is playing The marquee in Cork on the 4th of July . . Chances of him playing Oxegen ?
    Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know when it will be announced if Blink 182 are defo playing at Oxegen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know when it will be announced if Blink 182 are defo playing at Oxegen?

Id presume when they announce the next bunch of acts

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

maximoose wrote: »
    I hope not...

In fairness Em is better live than a large slice of that line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the luxury camping is like? The oxygen website is a bit vague, thinking of trying to get one of the cabins... Does anyone know how many people they hold?

Website says they can be booked next week provided you have a weekend ticket. Don't know how recent that info is..

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know what the luxury camping is like? The oxygen website is a bit vague, thinking of trying to get one of the cabins... Does anyone know how many people they hold?

Website says they can be booked next week provided you have a weekend ticket. Don't know how recent that info is..

Its luxurious

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hi all,

its alright...tbh if the weather is crap everywhere is crap onsite, if your looking to get a cabin i would consider a b and b or hotel in naas tbh, thats the only way your gonna get any luxury at oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

QOTSA please....

Anyone have any idea when they are announcing any additional acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

its alright...tbh if the weather is crap everywhere is crap onsite, if your looking to get a cabin i would consider a b and b or hotel in naas tbh, thats the only way your gonna get any luxury at oxegen

Yeah that was what we were gonna do originally, just don't fancy the muck and tents this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bangingtunes

What would one do if my Dad won't get me a ticket, i have enough money but only a debit which ticketmaster will not accept? :/

What would one do if my Dad won't get me a ticket, i have enough money but only a debit which ticketmaster will not accept? :/

Buy one at a ticketmaster outlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

If he won't buy you a ticket how is he going to let you go to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bangingtunes

basically if i can get myself a ticket i can go, he doesn't want his card numbers on the internet lol bit paranoid.

I went through all that **** on the phone for the 'verifying your visa' to find out i can't use it lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My dad wouldn't buy me a ticket to oxegen when I was 18, wouldn't have let me go either except for the fact that my boyfriend had bought me a ticket and I wasn't giving my dad much of a choice in the matter

Advertisement