Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can you not get one in a Ticketmaster outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

baz2009 wrote: »
    Can you not get one in a Ticketmaster outlet?

Don't be crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Don't be crazy

Last year there was no Ticketmaster outlet where I lived.So without the internet would of been hard to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Last year there was no Ticketmaster outlet where I lived.So without the internet would of been hard to get a ticket.

Lies, there's ticketmasters everywhere

Lies, there's ticketmasters everywhere

Music shop that was a ticketmaster outlet closed down so up until recently there was none.Closest was a 45 minute drive.Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Music shop that was a ticketmaster outlet closed down so up until recently there was none.Closest was a 45 minute drive.Fact.
    Cool_story_bro.jpg

inbetweeners+simon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

What would one do if my Dad won't get me a ticket, i have enough money but only a debit which ticketmaster will not accept? :/

Try a 3V card. Just apply for one, then go to a shop that does them and buy the e230 or whatever credit you need. You can then use it like a visa card, no security issues.

3v friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Oxegen isn't for 3 and a half months....you really won't be anywhere in the meantime that might have a ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

2FM also said last year that Green Day were definitely playing Slane, and they were wrong. Albeit, Green Day did play Marlay park..

So I'm not sure if believe that :p

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    As i said, total rumor not saying its confirmed or anything, just it came up that it was announced on RTE2, but im sans Radio so yeah :D

Well I don't know about Daft Punk but if my memory serves me right, LP are around Europe around Oxegen time, so I definitely wouldn't rule them out :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Linkin Park played the would want a headline slot and i doubt they would take a 2nd stage headliner

Oxegen isn't for 3 and a half months....you really won't be anywhere in the meantime that might have a ticketmaster?

No theres one now just last year it would of been a problem if I couldn't get it on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Just wondering about something..

I'm 17 and if I was to bring beer in through the gates with me, could it possibly be taken off me? And if so, does anyone know if this happens often? Wouldn't be the end of the world just would be quite annoying...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

If Linkin Park played the would want a headline slot and i doubt they would take a 2nd stage headliner

They are not big enough to headline, and aren't very good.
    But then again, I would say the same about Black Eyed Peas....

Linkin Park live in Ireland confuses the hell out of me. Mind when QOTSA supported them? Joke and a half.

I'm 17 and if I was to bring beer in through the gates with me, could it possibly be taken off me? And if so, does anyone know if this happens often? Wouldn't be the end of the world just would be quite annoying...

thanks

Nah, they'll just give you bottles to put it in, I think. I can't remember what they do with cans, but they gave me bottles. I'd imagine it's the same for cans, but possibly not.
    audreykerr wrote: »
    Linkin Park live in Ireland confuses the hell out of me. Mind when QOTSA supported them? Joke and a half.

A bigger joke is that I wasn't there, and people who knew about 2 songs of theirs were :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Lads, there's a picture of a flyer on 2fm's Facebook page with Daft Punk, LP and RHCP on it. Among others.

Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seanbmc wrote: »
    Lads, there's a picture of a flyer on 2fm's Facebook page with Daft Punk, LP and RHCP on it. Among others.

Is this true?

no, someone on here made that months ago.

2FM is a joke of a station.

For fúck sake, a joke of a station is right. Not the first time they fúcked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

When is the next announcement actually?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Royseven & Consumer Love Affair have been added on the poster

thanks

Na, I walked by the guards with two cases in my arms when I was 17. You should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

karaokeman wrote: »
    When is the next announcement actually?

I'm also wondering this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm going this year and I'm absolutely terrified of being beaten up or stabbed by a group of knackers. Should I be? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Is there due to be another announcement? So, no Blink or QOTSA then? Can find sweet feck all information on the kabins does anyone know how much they cost?

I'm going this year and I'm absolutely terrified of being beaten up or stabbed by a group of knackers. Should I be? :/

Not at all :) I'm sure you'll be with other people, plus knackers there are going to very very drunk, plus.. well, they're knackers, so they should be easy enough to spot..
    funkyflea wrote: »
    Is there due to be another announcement? So, no Blink or QOTSA then? Can find sweet feck all information on the kabins does anyone know how much they cost?

There is another announcement yeah, I can't remember when

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

seanbmc wrote: »

Is this true?

You mean they posted up my wonderful piece of art that posted here last year sometime........:D what a bunch of dumb-a$$e$

Oxegne2011.jpg?t=1301611531

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Toughen up and arm yourself. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Will Arctic Monkeys be playing their new stuff or their earlier songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Toughen up and arm yourself. Problem solved.

I think you're the type of person he's wary of

Advertisement