Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm going this year and I'm absolutely terrified of being beaten up or stabbed by a group of knackers. Should I be? :/

Nah. Just keep your wits about you.

The most significant risk is getting your tent robbed while you're away from it, but you shouldn't really leave anything of value in there anyway. The best thing to do there is to camp in groups where possible - tents facing each other - and away from "paths" through the campsite. You should be fine anyway.

Honestly, although there is quite a bit of trouble at Oxegen every year, more often than not the people involved went out looking for it. Don't be that guy and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

baz2009 wrote: »
    Will Arctic Monkeys be playing their new stuff or their earlier songs?

I don't know how accurate an answer you expect but all I could say is expect a mix of both. They'll probably play about 14 tracks, I would say about 6 of those would be newbies...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

They need Death From Above 1979 at Oxegen this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

**** me never again will i go...i made an absolute disgrace of myself last year and can barely remeber it really

jimbob86 wrote: »
    **** me never again will i go...i made an absolute disgrace of myself last year and can barely remeber it really

Deadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Rud wrote: »
    They need Death From Above 1979 at Oxegen this year

Anywhere on this landmass would do me just nicely. I suspect they'd be a bit wasted at Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anywhere on this landmass would do me just nicely. I suspect they'd be a bit wasted at Oxegen.

Agree, a bit more suited for EP methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Will Arctic Monkeys be playing their new stuff or their earlier songs?

the latest setlist
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2010/foro-alterno-guadalajara-mexico-3bd4f44c.html

darryn wrote: »

This is nearly a year old though, they don't have any of the Suck it and See songs here which they will at Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Gillington wrote: »
    I think you're the type of person he's wary of
    Whoosh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

Brandon Flowers has confirmed himself for the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Don't wanna seem like such a wet blanket again, but which camp would be the safest out of red and blue? The problem is that I'm gay, and although I'm not camp I do have certain 'gay mannerisms' that knackers seem to have a radar for! And I'm afraid that walking away just won't solve the problem at Oxegen...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Don't wanna seem like such a wet blanket again, but which camp would be the safest out of red and blue? The problem is that I'm gay, and although I'm not camp I do have certain 'gay mannerisms' that knackers seem to have a radar for! And I'm afraid that walking away just won't solve the problem at Oxegen...
    Don'tthink it matters really, red and blue are practically the same.

You could camp in the green camp or whatever its called, thats meant to be alot quieter and safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Red's the less dodgy one, apparently. So we're in blue <_<
    Edit: I thought green cost more?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Namlub wrote: »
    Red's the less dodgy one, apparently. So we're in blue <_<
    Edit: I thought green cost more?

It depends on the year tbh! In the two years that I have been red was dodgy one year and blue the other!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like the Rubberbandits will be playing
    Meet the two Centra bag-masked lads, Mr Chrome and Blind Boy Boat Club, who have brought their Shannon-side city back into the limelight. Their explosion in popularity has left them with an insanely busy workload. In between shooting a new show for a UK broadcaster they are finishing their first album (due out in September) and getting ready for a tour that will take in the Trinity Ball next week, Australia and New York in June and a run of festivals in July and August, including include Reading, Oxegen and Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Not too bad. Least they'll be a bit of a laugh.:)

Anyone think Elbow could be announced . Personally i would like to see Elbow headline 2nd Stage up against BEP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'll be suprised if Elbow don't play. they'd be an alright second stage headliner. But i'll take anything over BEP.

I'll be suprised if Elbow don't play. they'd be an alright second stage headliner. But i'll take anything over BEP.

Yea thats why i would like someone good agains BEP so i know im not missing anyone good and there will be no clash . Im just hoping they dont play Main Stage like 2009 and do Vodafone since they would only get the same slot as 09 third from top.

Really regret not getting tickets for the gig last night :mad:

• Advertisement

But i'll take anything over BEP.

My sentiments exactly.
    Part of me wants to see The Script, though.:/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Anyone think Elbow could be announced . Personally i would like to see Elbow headline 2nd Stage up against BEP

I think chances are good...
    They were announced for Belsonic, and the majority of headline acts there last year played Oxegen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Yea thats why i would like someone good agains BEP so i know im not missing anyone good and there will be no clash . Im just hoping they dont play Main Stage like 2009 and do Vodafone since they would only get the same slot as 09 third from top.

Really regret not getting tickets for the gig last night :mad:

Really hope they will be announced. They were incredible in the O2. Can only imagine One Day Like This being better with a bigger crowd

Any hope of Newton Faulkner playing? I see he's playing a few UK festivals during the summer.

Any hope of Newton Faulkner playing? I see he's playing a few UK festivals during the summer.

Doubt it he played last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Doubt it he played last year.
    He also played the year before

He also played the year before

Nope he played 08 and 10

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

What time slot do ye reckon swedish house mafia will have? Hoping they'll play the arena up against script or beps! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

They played the Dance Arena in 2009, they probably will again this year. Not sure on the time though.

• Advertisement

cara_ wrote: »
    What time slot do ye reckon swedish house mafia will have? Hoping they'll play the arena up against script or beps! :D

Maybe Headline Dance Arena?

Advertisement