Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Think it was the first week in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well wild guess here aswel, Summer Sonic is around August, Rock in Rio is September so festivals in Europe in June/July its possible.

When was the first announcement last year, can anyone remember?

Muse were announced mid feburary. Thats the earliest I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The Official Line-Up is announced in February or March, usually a week or 2 beofre General ticket sales. But i think that for Oxegen 09, Kings of Leon were announced in November/December 08, in time for the limited sale tickets that are out before x-mas.

I think i'm all Oxegen's out TBH, i've been in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010.
    But if we get Foo Fighters, Queens of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Daft punk or even Weezer or Arctic Monkeys, i would consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blink_nov2010.gif

They're free for the Sat & Sun of Oxegen, there's 1 of your headliners boys and girls ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm happy enough with Blink, could be worse.

RHCP confirmed that they have been booked to play a MAJOR UK festival. So they are definately a possibility, but so is every glastonbury/reading/download/v fest/ iow headliner.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    They're free for the Sat & Sun of Oxegen, there's 1 of your headliners boys and girls ;)

I couldn't see them headlining the main stage but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I couldn't see them headlining the main stage but we'll see.

I could see them 2nd top on the bill behind foos on one of the nights, with pulp headlining another and coldplay closing the festival.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I could see them 2nd top on the bill behind foos on one of the nights, with pulp headlining another and coldplay closing the festival.

Pulp are subbing at IOW, on before the Foo's. Blink 182 are big enough to headline. There 02 gig in Dublin actually completely sold out.

It would be great if they weren't headlining cause that's another huge band. But i'd be (pleasantly) suprised if they weren't.

Blink 182 are big enough to headline. There 02 gig in Dublin actually completely sold out.

I think it would be more likely to see them play either before a band like Foo Fighters on the main stage or headline the second stage.

Last year The Prodigy and Black Eyed Peas headlined the second stage and they both had played O2 gigs that had sold out afaik.

I think it would be more likely to see them play either before a band like Foo Fighters on the main stage or headline the second stage.

Last year The Prodigy and Black Eyed Peas headlined the second stage and they both had played O2 gigs that had sold out afaik.

I think the black eyed peas played two nights at the 02 actually.

Still, Blink 182 having headlining R/L last year, they're still likely to headline. But i would be pretty happy if they were a second stage headliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Blink will make or break me going this year. If they're announced I'm going, even if every other act consists of the casts of HSM, Glee and Justin Bieber.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

where has the roumors of QOTSA came out of all of a sudden??
    remember them playing it yeasr back in the poxy afternoon.good tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

aflib wrote: »
    where has the roumors of QOTSA came out of all of a sudden??
    remember them playing it yeasr back in the poxy afternoon.good tho
    they are probably my favourite band at the moment but they can NOT play live. its unfortunate they do not do their songs justice live. :(
    last time i saw them josh holmes was hammered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

the strokes and Arctic Monkeys playing Benicassim, would be great to see either play oxegen... it would be even better to see both :D

pilot1087 wrote: »
    the strokes and Arctic Monkeys playing Benicassim, would be great to see either play oxegen... it would be even better to see both :D

Yeah, that makes The Strokes likely at least, since they have a new album coming out. I recall hearing that Arctic Monkeys are not big fans of Oxegen, is there any truth to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Yeah I've heard that as well, something to do with being hit with a bottle or two when they played it a few years ago.

OT but what was the weather like for Oxegen this year? Did it end up like another mudbath?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glow

OT but what was the weather like for Oxegen this year? Did it end up like another mudbath?

YES!! biggest mudbath ever!! Didnt stop raining all day Friday or Saturday... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

glow wrote: »
    YES!! biggest mudbath ever!! Didnt stop raining all day Friday or Saturday... :rolleyes:

I was bad but not as bad as 2007. Could see a Pulp/Strokes co headline situation. Dont care about the AM tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lumpy in Poolbeg

its_phil wrote: »
    would love to have:
    Deadmau5 (oh please God!)
    Kanye West

I like your style :D

maybe rihanna might take a pop over :)

or alicia keys :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I like your style :D

maybe rihanna might take a pop over :)

or alicia keys :eek:

I'm all for having Hip Hop artists at Oxegen, thought Eminem is my favourite of any headliner they've had, but Alicia Keys and Rihanna? Seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Give Afrojack a headline slot in the dance arena and ill go for the whole weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

The chemical brothers have just announced Rockness and Rock Werchter (and Ultra). Oxygen maybe? would make my weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea CB's are ruled out of TITP but like last year when Rockness had Fat Boy Slim we still got him and TITP didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

RebelSoul wrote: »
    ZZ Top
    Judas Priest
    Motorhead
    Disturbed
    5FDP
    Billy Idol
    Alter Bridge
    Slash/Myles Kennedy
    Shinedown
    Black Stone Cherry
    Volbeat
    Taking Dawn

Ahhh to dream.....

Yeah, would love to see Alter Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

ce lo green ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Blink 182 headlining ......

I am from the future

Brendog wrote: »
    Blink 182 headlining ......

I am from the future

2 weeks in the past maybe? Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

The chemical brothers have just announced Rockness and Rock Werchter (and Ultra). Oxygen maybe? would make my weekend.
    whoever plays rockness usually plays electric picnic and whoever plays TITP plays oxegen afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Beady Eye will be a headline act, hence why theyve no Irish gig announced for their tour. Also Kasabian are headlining Isle of Wight and are supposed to have a new album for early summer so theyre a possibility

Advertisement