Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Good lord I hope the chances are zero.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea blink will either play Dublin at the start of the UK tour or just after it. As people said them doing a show the same weekend as Oxegen is stupid. Maybe they could do an intimate gig in the marlay park tent thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Don't wanna seem like such a wet blanket again, but which camp would be the safest out of red and blue? The problem is that I'm gay, and although I'm not camp I do have certain 'gay mannerisms' that knackers seem to have a radar for! And I'm afraid that walking away just won't solve the problem at Oxegen...

Both campsites would be similar, its more a case of who youre camped near. id be shocked (and disgusted to be honest) if anything happened to you but i suppose get down early, pick a quieter spot and if youre really worried camp near a security tower.....or god forbid even the gardai posts.

I wouldnt worry, you see every type of person at oxegen, just stick with your mates and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Don't wanna seem like such a wet blanket again, but which camp would be the safest out of red and blue? The problem is that I'm gay, and although I'm not camp I do have certain 'gay mannerisms' that knackers seem to have a radar for! And I'm afraid that walking away just won't solve the problem at Oxegen...

I camped with a few gay friends last year and they had no hassle, if that's any reassurance. Keep with your mates, and make some good new ones, and you'll be grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tumunaero

What do you guys think the chances of some more Irish acts performing at the festival this year, like LaFaro and And So I Watch You From Afar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Good Evening Lads/Ladies, this is my first post on boards.ie! I was just wondering is there any way of viewing Foo Fighters 'Back & Forth'. I missed it in the cinema! I know its on VH1 US tonight, is there anyway I could access this? cheers! Cannot wait to see them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Good Evening Lads/Ladies, this is my first post on boards.ie! I was just wondering is there any way of viewing Foo Fighters 'Back & Forth'. I missed it in the cinema! I know its on VH1 US tonight, is there anyway I could access this? cheers! Cannot wait to see them!:D

Check for streams is only way really.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Had no luck with that! Cheers all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Hopefully Beady Eye will play the Friday, think Script and BEP are awful headliners for that day. Apparently Kid Cudi told NME he wanted to do Oxegen or Glastonbury this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

More acts pls

• Advertisement

Mulvee wrote: »
    Hopefully Beady Eye will play the Friday, think Script and BEP are awful headliners for that day. Apparently Kid Cudi told NME he wanted to do Oxegen or Glastonbury this year

Id say Beady Eye will prob headline Green Spheres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Id say Beady Eye will prob headline Green Spheres

Hopefully anyway. Friday isnt that good so far I think, I know theres more acts to be announced but this time last year, Friday had Vampire Weekend, Jay-Z, Fatboy Slim & David Guetta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I want to head to Oxegen this year but don't have anyone to go with. Is there a gig buddy link anywhere for anyone in a similar position - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I want to head to Oxegen this year but don't have anyone to go with. Is there a gig buddy link anywhere for anyone in a similar position - cheers

Hi, where are you going from? It's just myself and my other half at the mo, can't seem to get ppl to fork out and join us yet though!

Best way to get to Oxegen from Hueston station?? There is a high chance I'll be working on the Thursday and coming up that night on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Best way to get to Oxegen from Hueston station?? There is a high chance I'll be working on the Thursday and coming up that night on the train

walk

Get the Luas to the Red Cow instead , get the air coach/bus to naas only €5 and then get the free shuttle bus to Punchestown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nelly198427

Hi anybody know what day Jimmy eat world is playing in oxygen?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Hi anybody know what day Jimmy eat world is playing in oxygen?
    I've heard Sunday.

Get the Luas to the Red Cow instead , get the air coach/bus to naas only €5 and then get the free shuttle bus to Punchestown

Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Thank you :)

No problem , when you get to the Red Cow you wont be able to miss the bus because its a big Green Bus

http://www.dublincoach.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The 126 Bus, can get it from the stop at the side of Heuston Station. €10.40 for a return ticket and frequent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nelly198427

cheers tenks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

maximoose wrote: »
    The 126 Bus, can get it from the stop at the side of Heuston Station. €10.40 for a return ticket and frequent enough.

Does that bus go straight to Punchestown?

Also does it leave at night or is it only in the morning?

I need to sort out geting back from Oxegen.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

karaokeman wrote: »
    Does that bus go straight to Punchestown?

Also does it leave at night or is it only in the morning?

I need to sort out geting back from Oxegen.

Thanks.

It will bring you into Naas town centre, and drops you where the free shuttle bus to Punchestown picks you up.

Timetable:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

According to Calvin Harris' facebook page, he's playing on the saturday too =/ thats him, deadmau5, pendulum, steve aoki and who-knows-else playing all on the same day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

maximoose wrote: »
    It will bring you into Naas town centre, and drops you where the free shuttle bus to Punchestown picks you up.

Timetable:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf

Cheers.

Does anyone know if a night service runs from Punchestown?

Sorry but I haven't decided if I will be camping or travelling back on each of the days.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Cheers.

Does anyone know if a night service runs from Punchestown?

Sorry but I haven't decided if I will be camping or travelling back on each of the days.

On Friday and Saturday nights there is a nightbus that goes from Naas to Dublin around 2am and 4am. But Dublinbus will be running buses to and from Oxegen all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

the shuttle buses back to Naas from the festival have been pretty reliable and prompt the last couple of years...not sure about the night link back to the city centre, there's usually only one or two going at a time so not sure if they increase capacity for the Oxegen weekend....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hi, where are you going from? It's just myself and my other half at the mo, can't seem to get ppl to fork out and join us yet though!

I may be heading on my lonesome too, no one else i know is interested in going :(

Advertisement