Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Any1 have any updates on other bands touring at the same time/ rumours or self confirments?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could we see LMFAO at Oxegen?
    Thank yoooooooooooou Ireland for making #PartyRockAnthem #1 baby babieeeess!!! Well be out there soon #PartyRocking !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

QOTSA announced for Glastobury. . . . .does it increase chances? Not getting my hopes up AT ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

wait till after their olympia gig is done first anyway....if they do get announced im pretty much sold on going.

Strokes have been moved to Friday
    Friday, Jul 8
    8:00 pm
    THE STROKES @ Oxegen Festival

So presume Vodafone Headliner against BEP , which should mean Blink are back in

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wiz-Kid-Management/104984589556343?v=app_178091127385

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

QOTSA announced for Glastobury. . . . .does it increase chances? Not getting my hopes up AT ALL
    Surely can only be a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Judging by last years poster and the year before, and before that etc, (around 140 acts on it) and this years (around40-50), I'd be right in thinking that there'll be loads more announcements, right?

QOTSA would be cool, also blink. Would like to see Kele come back, prodigy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

funkyflea wrote: »
    Judging by last years poster and the year before, and before that etc, (around 140 acts on it) and this years (around40-50), I'd be right in thinking that there'll be loads more announcements, right?

QOTSA would be cool, also blink. Would like to see Kele come back, prodigy also.
    yeah there'll be one more major announcement me thinks...looking at it very simply, if Glasto are announcing theirs now, we should have one in a couple of weeks.... Kele would be class alright, is he down for any festival appearances this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

healy1835 wrote: »
    yeah there'll be one more major announcement me thinks...looking at it very simply, if Glasto are announcing theirs now, we should have one in a couple of weeks.... Kele would be class alright, is he down for any festival appearances this summer?

He's down to play the 'Latitude' festival in the UK, with Foals, who would also be cool! 14th-17th July. Ah, he's in Belgium 7th-11th July, :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wiz-Kid-Management/104984589556343?v=app_178091127385

A reason to go on Friday at last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

A schedule thrown up by a booking agency does not equal to The Strokes moving from Sunday to Friday. You would need an update straight from MCD if such a thing was going to happen with one of the headliners.

A schedule thrown up by a booking agency does not equal to The Strokes moving from Sunday to Friday. You would need an update straight from MCD if such a thing was going to happen with one of the headliners.

Its also on their Myspace , but yea i no what you mean . Hope its true

Its also on their Myspace , but yea i no what you mean . Hope its true

Id imagine any major changes that are self confirmed wont be "officially" confirmed until the next 70+ acts are announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So the Script, the Strokes and BEPs could all be on Friday? Jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Namlub wrote: »
    So the Script, the Strokes and BEPs could all be on Friday? Jeez

Whats wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

Would that mean a new headliner for Sunday?

Rossgorry wrote: »
    Would that mean a new headliner for Sunday?

Id imagine Blink 182 or Queens of The Stone Age will fill the void......on a lesser note Kasabian said theyl be in Ireland in the summer which i presume is an Oxegen spot? Tom Meighan says he loves Ireland in every interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

NOOOOOOO Are the Strokes def moved to Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mulvee wrote: »
    Id imagine Blink 182 or Queens of The Stone Age will fill the void......on a lesser note Kasabian said theyl be in Ireland in the summer which i presume is an Oxegen spot? Tom Meighan says he loves Ireland in every interview

Read today the OTSA are exclusive for Glastonbury.

Do you have a link to him confirming he will be here? They are recording a new album and have said that they will be doing a "small venue" tour similar to that of Mumford. I don't think they will be at Oxegen.

So people are saying! Id say it wont be "officially" confirmed untill the other 70+ acts are announced

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »

Do you have a link to him confirming he will be here? They are recording a new album and have said that they will be doing a "small venue" tour similar to that of Mumford. I don't think they will be at Oxegen.

I heard it on the radio that they plan on being in Ireland...apparantly he did an interview with Xpose and thats how i heard it. There such a great festival band. I hope though that a few "top-carders" still to be annoucned thou...as much as i like the mid carders i still think there was much more quality last year....but i know that there will still be 70+ acts announced

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

:( Where did you read that?

audreykerr wrote: »
    :( Where did you read that?

Emily Eavis said it in an interview. I didnt see the interview read it on a V festival forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I seriously doubt it, sounds to me like more gabage rumours like the rumours that Take That would be headlining Oxegen.

People make up stuff like this all the time and if The Strokes were announced, you'd imagine this would be announced on Oxegen's website before anywhere else.

If it did happen though, yes hopefully Blink 182 will be the new headliner. I'm more curious to know whats happening with blink, tbh.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it, sounds to me like more gabage rumours like the rumours that Take That would be headlining Oxegen.

People make up stuff like this all the time and if The Strokes were announced, you'd imagine this would be announced on Oxegen's website before anywhere else.

If it did happen though, yes hopefully Blink 182 will be the new headliner. I'm more curious to know whats happening with blink, tbh.

Nobodies made anything up as far as I know.

http://new.thestrokes.com/tour

Strokes website says the Friday.

Blink into Coldplay would be a strange one but I wouldn't be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Nobodies made anything up as far as I know.

http://new.thestrokes.com/tour

Strokes website says the Thursday.

Blink into Coldplay would be a strange one but I wouldn't be complaining.

It actually says the friday.

Silly Americans, always putting the month before the date.

Any chance the other headliners may be moved?

karaokeman wrote: »
    It actually says the friday.

Typo, I did mean Friday. It was half twelve and for some lunatic reason I thought the acts properly started on the thursday. Fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Typo, I did mean Friday. It was half twelve and for some lunatic reason I thought the acts properly started on the thursday. Fixed now.

Dope

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The same way Weezer are an exclusive to Sonisphere...probably an English exclusive, so every chance they could be at Oxegen. You would rarely get an exclusive in England that doesn't allow them do Ireland, if ever.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    The same way Weezer are an exclusive to Sonisphere...probably an English exclusive, so every chance they could be at Oxegen. You would rarely get an exclusive in England that doesn't allow them do Ireland, if ever.

Interview said British exclusive i.e. rules out T in the Park. Just makes it less likely. I don't think they will be there.

Advertisement