Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bren2001 wrote: »
    Interview said British exclusive i.e. rules out T in the Park. Just makes it less likely. I don't think they will be there.

That happens with a few bands. As far as I know, Oxegen gets some bigger high-end names that TITP doesn't, partly because they'd play Glastonbury as an exclusive. I know it seems going round in circles for the band, but easily done, could be written into their Olympia contract, as it is with dozens other bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Are Coldplay on the Sun night?

If so it's a disaster. I'm dying to see the Strokes. My friend has no interest in them but she'd love to see Coldplay. So if they were on the same night we'd both be happy, which doesn't look like the case at the moment!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Be wary of what bands put on their Myspace etc pages. Often they put up the first date of the festival, then sort it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

Are Coldplay on the Sun night?

If so it's a disaster. I'm dying to see the Strokes. My friend has no interest in them but she'd love to see Coldplay. So if they were on the same night we'd both be happy, which doesn't look like the case at the moment!!! :(

Coldplay are on the sunday. Oxegen have not confirmed anything so don't go by the strokes page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Thanks Mushy and Bren2001. I'm going to hope for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Stokes on the friday would presumably mean them headlining Vodafone stage..with MCR under them.
    :D

Much more interested in whats happening to blink though....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stokes on the friday would presumably mean them headlining Vodafone stage..with MCR under them.
    :D

Much more interested in whats happening to blink though....

Im still gonna say it will be BEP/Script(Main) vs The Strokes/MCR(Vodafone) , but i was thinking maybe they had planned for Strokes to headline friday with BEP under them and maybe The Script on the Vodafone Stage against Strokes. But then after they found out they could only do Sunday they were bumped to 2nd last from headliner .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Dope

Less of the personal attacks please.

There's no solid indication at all that The Strokes will be moved to Friday or were ever down for Friday. Like Mushy said a lot of bands' agents just put the first date of the festival down on the schedule and then sort it out later when the rest of their itinerary is finalised.

Since Blink haven't pulled their summer tour I figure MCD will, in typical MCD fashion, "re-announce" them among the next batch of acts... as if the omission never happened.

I would see QOTSA as very possible for Oxegen seeing as they're in Europe at the time. Glastonbury is not a Europe-wide festival exclusive so there won't be a problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

healy1835 wrote: »
    yeah there'll be one more major announcement me thinks...looking at it very simply, if Glasto are announcing theirs now, we should have one in a couple of weeks.... Kele would be class alright, is he down for any festival appearances this summer?

Kele's at latitude and V fest so far this summer :) So hopefully. He was my favourite thing last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

So if QOTSA are announced for Oxegen, when do you reckon they'd be on? If they get announced I'm staying at their stage all day until they play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

So if QOTSA are announced for Oxegen, when do you reckon they'd be on? If they get announced I'm staying at their stage all day until they play.
    If they do get announced, I hope there's a chance that they replace BEP or the Script as a headline act. It would be shocking if bands like that get more stage time then QOTSA...

NufcNavan wrote: »
    If they do get announced, I hope there's a chance that they replace BEP or the Script as a headline act. It would be shocking if bands like that get more stage time then QOTSA...

They wont replace anybody. Those slots are pretty much fixed. Just because they are not headlining does not mean they will get less time. Arcade Fire in 07 got a longer slot than the Killers.

I'd imagine they will headline the second stage on the Friday. Good act to go against BEP.

bren2001 wrote: »
    They wont replace anybody. Those slots are pretty much fixed. Just because they are not headlining does not mean they will get less time. Arcade Fire in 07 got a longer slot than the Killers.

I'd imagine they will headline the second stage on the Friday. Good act to go against BEP.

Well if the Strokes are playing Friday and unless BEP get bumped to 2nd last on the Main and let the Strokes headline , Strokes will headline Friday Vodafone imo.
    If not they will prob be 3rd last on Saturday/Sunday on Main either under Blink 182(if back in ) or Arctic Monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Id have thought that atleast 10 out of the 70 left would have been announced at this stage....frustrating!

Mulvee wrote: »
    Id have thought that atleast 10 out of the 70 left would have been announced at this stage....frustrating!

I know seriously dragging on at this stage since the Launch was weeks ago and still no other acts. Lets hope we get some this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I know seriously dragging on at this stage since the Launch was weeks ago and still no other acts. Lets hope we get some this week

Glastonbury has been fully announced.
    Maybe there's a chance we will see the next batch of Oxegen lineups soon.
    I'm actually hoping Kaiser Chiefs will be announced but ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

karaokeman wrote: »
    Glastonbury has been fully announced.
    Maybe there's a chance we will see the next batch of Oxegen lineups soon.
    I'm actually hoping Kaiser Chiefs will be announced but ya never know.
    No it hasnt. They said theres still more acts to announce on their twitter

No it hasnt. They said theres still more acts to announce on their twitter

its fully announced bar a few tiny filler acts

http://www.nme.com/festivals/glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Someone made a good point about the difference between 'exclusive' and 'UK exclusive'.

I know Red Hot Chili Peppers are UK exclusive, so that wouldn't entirely rule them out from playing Oxegen.. right? :)

I can dream can't I! I feel another announcement coming on though. It's a decent lineup but still a bit underwhelming compared to previous years, just a little bit, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

funkyflea wrote: »
    Someone made a good point about the difference between 'exclusive' and 'UK exclusive'.

I know Red Hot Chili Peppers are UK exclusive, so that wouldn't entirely rule them out from playing Oxegen.. right? :)

I can dream can't I! I feel another announcement coming on though. It's a decent lineup but still a bit underwhelming compared to previous years, just a little bit, mind.

Yes you can dream. I would love to see the Chilli's myself.

Chad Smith didn't specify whether or not they would be in the UK this summer but they are playing the Summer Sonic Festival with The Strokes, so maybe there is a chance they might still be announced?

I'd say if the Chili's were announced it would be entirely possible for them to headline the Vodaphone Stage.

The Vodaphone stage usually has fairly popular mainstream bands so the Chili's are a possibility if they will be in Europe this summer.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    Yes you can dream. I would love to see the Chilli's myself.

Chad Smith didn't specify whether or not they would be in the UK this summer but they are playing the Summer Sonic Festival with The Strokes, so maybe there is a chance they might still be announced?

I'd say if the Chili's were announced it would be entirely possible for them to headline the Vodaphone Stage.

The Vodaphone stage usually has fairly popular mainstream bands so the Chili's are a possibility if they will be in Europe this summer.

No way would Chilis play the 2nd stage sure they headlined the festival in 2006 , They will not play Oxegen this year maybe next year but after their 06 performance they will seriously need to step it up after a pretty bad performance

just heard on radio that Slash & Example have been added?

SLASH ** ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL ** METRONOMY **
    ** MANIC STREET PREACHERS ** GLASVEGAS ** THE SATURDAYS ** PETER DOHERTY ** THE PRETTY RECKLESS ** PROFESSOR GREEN ** KE$HA ** ELIZA DOOLITTLE ** EXAMPLE ** CHERRI BOMB ** you know it.

Pro Green was amazing last year, this just made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Is that it or are more coming?

Looks like Blink are definately gone. Just pulled out of German festivals around the same time

@StaticAge11
    There should be loads more announced!
    There was nearly double the amount of acts last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

@Mulvee I meant is that it for this announcement? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I may have spoke too soon on the Blink-182 situation as they've just pulled out of two German festivals and rumour has it the remainder of their European dates will be cancelled/postponed.

@Mulvee I meant is that it for this announcement? haha

haha i was hoping you meant that.

Id say so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The Saturdays and Ke$ha? Ewwwwwww

Advertisement