Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Good for her but she still couldn't impress me unless she played an instrument herself. I also prefer artists who write there own songs!

Ke$ha does write her own songs.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The biggest joke about this blink thing is that tickets go on sale about 14 months before the gig is schedule to take place. For fúck sake like
    That's nothing..

.. I bought tickets for Peter Kay next week on 7th December 2009! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Still prefer QOTSA to Kesha! She doesn't even come close to them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Kesha cant be compared to QOTSA anyway, they are completely different genres. It's like comparing say.. Foo Fighters to Lady Gaga or something, completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9osmh9q-I

Ke$ha's actually pretty good live if you ask me, she puts on a good show anyway. Isnt that what concerts are all about? Shes fun, and doesnt give a **** about what people think about her. And totally agree with people saying she cant be compared to QOTSA. Ask people whove theyve heard of, and theyll most likely say Ke$ha. I had to google QOTSA, didnt have a clue who they were. Cant wait to see her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

FTS wrote: »

Ke$ha's actually pretty good live if you ask me, she puts on a good show anyway. Isnt that what concerts are all about? Shes fun, and doesnt give a **** about what people think about her. And totally agree with people saying she cant be compared to QOTSA. Ask people whove theyve heard of, and theyll most likely say Ke$ha. I had to google QOTSA, didnt have a clue who they were. Cant wait to see her.

In all fairness QOTSA are a pretty well known band....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

should i take it that jenny and johnny have pulled out?
    no trace of their names on the oxegen site or last.fm

or their myspace, or their official website
    yeah, i'm going to take it that they're out and off to stradbally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Over-exposure =/= good.

I had to google QOTSA, didnt have a clue who they were.

You're missing out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Me? I love QOTSA, and quite like Ke$ha for the craic as well. Can't we all just get along?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My friend was at the EMA's this year and said Kesha was terrible and sounded terrible and when it came across on tv she had to be over dubbed. Personally i have no respect for any artist who uses Autotune

funkyflea wrote: »
    Me? I love QOTSA, and quite like Ke$ha for the craic as well. Can't we all just get along?

Tis just a bit of a debate kinda thing :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Tis just a bit of a debate kinda thing :p

Here like every1 likes there own type of music. QOTSA are a good band, and Im sure you could have a laugh at Ke$ha. Isnt that what its all about? I hated lotsa bands last year but went to them anyway and my mind was changed! Either way, both acts would be good live!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

After today's announcement I'm definitely not going this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wigwam9

The script headliners?...what a load of bollax,westlife with guitars..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well everyone's had a few months to get over it, I don't really like them so I won't see them. Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

After today's announcement I'm definitely not going this year.

Ah sher there's still gonna be another 60 acts announced atleast, with a few big acts left.....either way u could still buy a ticket in ticketmaster or golden discs the week before

wigwam9 wrote: »
    The script headliners?...what a load of bollax,westlife with guitars..:confused:

There not headlining!!!!!

As someone said abover just because you dont like 1 or 2 acts at a festival you dont have to go see them simples. There have been festivals ive been to and didnt like a few of the bands playing but it didnt bother since i skipped them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

There not headlining!!!!!

As someone said abover just because you dont like 1 or 2 acts at a festival you dont have to go see them simples. There have been festivals ive been to and didnt like a few of the bands playing but it didnt bother since i skipped them

Agree with this, I can never understand people complaining about acts at a festival, you don't have to see them. If you see 15 acts out of the loads that play then you're doing well like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

wigwam9 wrote: »

How are The Script the equivalent to Westlife playing guitars?

The only Script song that sounds like Westlife by any means is The Man Who Can't Be Moved. These guys are more your typical out-of-school talented with instruments and unique voices kinda guys.

I've had lots come out of my school, Bell X1 to name but a few and none of them sound anything like Westlife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

karaokeman wrote: »
    How are The Script the equivalent to Westlife playing guitars?

Because its poppy lovey dovey drivel.. with guitars?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Look no matter how questionable Ke$ha's abilities are, The headliners BEP are possibly the worst live act i'v ever seen

Worker 1: Just raise the auto-tune!!!

Worker 2: IT CANT GO ANY HIGHER!!

Worker 1: Bull Sh*t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

That video of BEP just sounds like a loada noise!!!

Forget Kesha, BEP and the script;...........this is a real band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05YoMhncbls&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Please do not let Fergie sing with Slash at Oxegen

That video of BEP just sounds like a loada noise!!!

Forget Kesha, BEP and the script;...........this is a real band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05YoMhncbls&feature=related

I see your Strokes a raise you these guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

watched the strokes at coachella, just hearing all their old stuff played live again has me buzzing for oxegen! first oxegen i was ever at was 2004 and strokes were one of the highlights. 7 years later.....better late than never!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Just got a Email off Oxegen cancelling Blink 182. Any ideas on who may replace them?

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Just got a Email off Oxegen cancelling Blink 182. Any ideas on who may replace them?

Prob no one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They don't really need a replacement do they? There are still two headliners each day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

The Foo Fighters are Hands Down the best band in the World... * but The Strokes are a close second..First Impressions of Earth is Brilliance..

Always the inevitable clashes so think we should send a special request to the organisers to clash Coldplay on Main with Slash on Vodafone:)..U know the fans want it MCD...Do It Do It:D

Advertisement