Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Foo Fighters are Hands Down the best band in the World... * but The Strokes are a close second..First Impressions of Earth is Brilliance..

Always the inevitable clashes so think we should send a special request to the organisers to clash Coldplay on Main with Slash on Vodafone:)..U know the fans want it MCD...Do It Do It:D

You had me at The ha. No dont have Slash clash with Coldplay cause i wanna see both

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Foo Fighters are Hands Down the best band in the World... * but The Strokes are a close second..First Impressions of Earth is Brilliance..

Always the inevitable clashes so think we should send a special request to the organisers to clash Coldplay on Main with Slash on Vodafone:)..U know the fans want it MCD...Do It Do It:D

No such thing :P

Foals and Everything Everything added in the next announcement and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Corholio wrote: »
    No such thing :P

Foals and Everything Everything added in the next announcement and I'll be happy.
    Its a matter of Opinion but in this case my Opinion is Right:p

..and that is why Saturday Oxegen Day Tickets will Sell Out couple days before..*

*probably

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Don't worry about your Ke$has and your Scripts. These are the lads you should hope to see. If they bring half the energy they have in this clip to Oxegen then it's gonna be off the tits. SWAAAAAAAAAAAAG

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Don't worry about your Ke$has and your Scripts. These are the lads you should hope to see. If they bring half the energy they have in this clip to Oxegen then it's gonna be off the tits. SWAAAAAAAAAAAAG

I'm guess its OFWGTKA in this clip.

The only reason to go to oxegen this year.

WOOOLLLLLFFFFFFF HAAAALLLLEEEYYYY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Strange...that is without a doubt, and by a clear mile, their WORST album! Very very average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SingingClouds

Sorry if this has already been asked, kinda don't know how to work this site yet but does anyone know when the Day-by-Day Line-Ups will be released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Sorry if this has already been asked, kinda don't know how to work this site yet but does anyone know when the Day-by-Day Line-Ups will be released?

Id say probably in June when the rest of the acts are announced, still another 60+ to be announced. Some acts have already anounced their days!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Only realized now that Slash and Myles Kennedy are playing ! ooo yes nice to finally see them add more rocknroll acts

This has made my day !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm guess its OFWGTKA in this clip.

The only reason to go to oxegen this year.

WOOOLLLLLFFFFFFF HAAAALLLLEEEYYYY

Yea it's Tyler and Hodgy Beats. ****ing insane performance. I'm really going to have to look at the funds and try make this. If I can't then I hope they play another, smaller gig somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Only realized now that Slash and Myles Kennedy are playing ! ooo yes nice to finally see them add more rocknroll acts

This has made my day !
    Nice one....with Myles Kennedy doing the vocals for Slash what do you think the chances are of Alterbridge appearing too? They're performing some European festivals in June...

206863_10150227035935260_65633730259_8931764_1739513_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

YES! Afrojack and Tiga are added!

Cant wait for this in the dance arena
    On a side note, why are House of Pain not on the poster anymore?

I think they have ran out of room on this poster because i think Kesha/The Minutes/Bi-Polar Empire and a few others are also missing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Maybe with Summerjam going onsale this week they are keeping relatively quiet about Kesha at Oxegen so that event sells better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

206863_10150227035935260_65633730259_8931764_1739513_n.jpg

The Black Eyed Peas/The Script - main stage Friday
    Foo Fighters/Arctic Monkeys - main stage saturday
    Coldplay/The Strokes - main stage sunday

Where the **** is Paolo Nutini?

Also chance of MCR being top on the Vodafone stage possibly? (they're on the friday)

The Black Eyed Peas/The Script - main stage Friday
    Foo Fighters/Arctic Monkeys - main stage saturday
    Coldplay/The Strokes - main stage sunday

Where the **** is Paolo Nutini?

Also chance of MCR being top on the Vodafone stage possibly? (they're on the friday)

Hes playin the Saturday, dunno where though, Deadmau5 will headline Greenspheres or Dance Tent so Id say Vodafone stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Anyone know what day The National are playing?

Pretty poor line-up as far as I'm concerned. Definitely not a three nighter for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭LowOdour

el dude wrote: »
    Anyone know what day The National are playing?

Pretty poor line-up as far as I'm concerned. Definitely not a three nighter for me.
    i checked their website a few weeks back, looks like they are playing the sunday night. If they dont clash with the strokes the il go sunday night just to see them 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

As posted on here:
    http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=20548&mpage=4

FRIDAY 8TH JULY:
    My Chemical Romance
    Weezer
    The Naked and Famous
    Noah and The Whale
    Metronomy
    Glasvegas
    Leftfield
    Hurts
    Swedish House Mafia
    Black Eyed Peas
    The Script
    Bruno Mars
    All Time Low
    House of Pain
    Bipolar Empire
    Royseven
    The Minutes
    Example

SATURDAY 9TH JULY:
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys
    The Vaccines
    Miles Kane
    Brando Flowers
    Eels
    Deadmau5
    Steve Aoki
    Calvin Harris
    The Pretty Reckless
    The Saturdays
    Paolo Nutini

SUNDAY 10TH JULY:
    Coldplay
    The Strokes
    Crystal Castles
    Friendly Fires
    Jimmy Eat World
    The National
    Funeral Party
    Pendulum
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Primal Scream
    Bright Eyes
    Chase and Status
    Slash
    Plan B

Beady Eye (Fri/Sat) // Pete Doherty // OFWGKTA // Two Door Cinema Club // Mona (Sat/Sun) // Manic Street Preachers // Jessie J (Fri/Sat) // Tinie Tempah // Imelda May // Sven Vath // Bloody Beetroots //Crookers // Jenny and Johnny (Sat/Sun) // Fight Like Apes // Ryan Sheridan // Consumer Love Affair // Madisun // Professor Green (Sat/Sun) // Ke$ha (Fri/Sun) // Eliza Doolittle (Sat/Sun) // Cherri Bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Agree with this, I can never understand people complaining about acts at a festival, you don't have to see them. If you see 15 acts out of the loads that play then you're doing well like.
    True! But, It's inconvenient and dangerous walking though the field like this to get away from katy/gaga et al.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Friday looks like the best day imo. Though I guess it will depend on how the acts are spread across the stages, plus there seems to be a good chunk of the lineup left to be announced.

Another person that assumes The Strokes have moved to Friday... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I really hope MCR clash with Noah and the Whale :D

I really hope MCR clash with Noah and the Whale :D

Tbh id say Noah and the Whale will play an early slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

Anyone else excited about OFWGKTA? Or is it just me? They are so hype on stage! Great live performers! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

I think this list is quite concise. Take a look if you have any interest! :)
    I made it last year and updated it again this year!
    There has been praise (as well as hate) over it.

Haters gon' hate though right? :D

http://wp.me/pXp0l-i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's funny how many people don't realise that the Blink concert is in 2012...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

anyone else think primal scream will be totally overlooked by most of the crowd at oxegen?? imo they would suit the electric picnic a lot more with the age of the crowd..what you guys think.

anyone else think primal scream will be totally overlooked by most of the crowd at oxegen?? imo they would suit the electric picnic a lot more with the age of the crowd..what you guys think.

Ah i wouldnt say that..Its like earth-wind&fire last year and they got a good reception. I think theyd be good live :)

• Advertisement

Well i think with this years line up will attract more MUSIC fans then the last few years , so id say they will get a decent crowd.

Im hoping this year Manic Street Preachers are outdoors with a decent slot instead of doing Green Spheres for the 3rd time

Advertisement