Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Well i think with this years line up will attract more MUSIC fans then the last few years , so id say they will get a decent crowd.

Im hoping this year Manic Street Preachers are outdoors with a decent slot instead of doing Green Spheres for the 3rd time

I could see them playing 3rd on Vodofone stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I was going to get just a weekend ticket but apparently 3 day non camping is the same as a Friday ticket. Working Friday til 5 but if I can make it down for one of Bipolar Empire, Royseven or Weezer I may as well.

Looking forward to Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines, Miles Kane, Brandon Flowers, Calvin Harris, Coldplay, The Strokes, The National, Pendulum, Ocean Colour Scene, Primal Scream, Slash, Beady Eye, Pete Doherty, Two Door Cinema Club, Manic Street Preachers, Fight Like Apes out of those announced for the weekend so far. Obviously won't get to see them all but a selection of those.

The Coral better announce. One Irish Free State show last year, not good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone wanna try and work out what stages/etc band's will be playing?
    Saw one for t in the park here: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=157479&st=0 so basing off that list + the day splits on page 115 most might work out?

This is all i managed before i got lazy....:pac:

Friday

Main Stage:
    The Black Eyed Peas
    The Script

Vodafone Stage:
    My Chemical Romance
    Hurts
    Beady Eye (not confirmed for Friday)
    Weezer
    All Time Low

Saturday

Main Stage:
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys

Sunday

Main Stage:
    Coldplay
    The Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I really hope MCR clash with Noah and the Whale :D

What a strange thing to hope for

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Had a dream i was at Oxegen this year , was really weird cause we got Incubus on the Vodafone Stage who opened the day. There were not many there but they were great and there was fight in the crowd :eek: . Then for some reason Weezer were on really early as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone wanna try and work out what stages/etc band's will be playing?
    Saw one for t in the park here: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=157479&st=0 so basing off that list + the day splits on page 115 most might work out?

This is all i managed before i got lazy....:pac:

Friday

Main Stage:
    The Black Eyed Peas
    The Script

Vodafone Stage:
    My Chemical Romance
    Hurts
    Weezer
    All Time Low

Saturday

Main Stage:
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys

Sunday

Main Stage:
    Coldplay
    The Strokes

How do you know all those acts are defo playing on the friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I was going to get just a weekend ticket but apparently 3 day non camping is the same as a Friday ticket. Working Friday til 5 but if I can make it down for one of Bipolar Empire, Royseven or Weezer I may as well.

Looking forward to Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines, Miles Kane, Brandon Flowers, Calvin Harris, Coldplay, The Strokes, The National, Pendulum, Ocean Colour Scene, Primal Scream, Slash, Beady Eye, Pete Doherty, Two Door Cinema Club, Manic Street Preachers, Fight Like Apes out of those announced for the weekend so far. Obviously won't get to see them all but a selection of those.

The Coral better announce. One Irish Free State show last year, not good enough!

The Coral were really good last year, went not expecting much and loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I wonder if MTV will be back as main broadcaster this year. They've been showing alot of 2008 and 2009 highlights over the past week including an Oxegen preview show on Friday night, KOL 2008 today and Snow Patrol 2009 tomorrow. The festival is seriously lacking a proper broadcaster when compared to the likes of T in the Park and Glasto!!!

I wonder if MTV will be back as main broadcaster this year. They've been showing alot of 2008 and 2009 highlights over the past week including an Oxegen preview show on Friday night, KOL 2008 today and Snow Patrol 2009 tomorrow. The festival is seriously lacking a proper broadcaster when compared to the likes of T in the Park and Glasto!!!

I agree, to think that Rise Against last year was recorded and probably won't see light of day upsets me. Florence uploaded all of her set to her VEVO account a while ago i believe. Got to see myself on the big screen despite getting on it for a lot of bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I agree, to think that Rise Against last year was recorded and probably won't see light of day upsets me. Florence uploaded all of her set to her VEVO account a while ago i believe. Got to see myself on the big screen despite getting on it for a lot of bands.

That's right. There was plenty of brilliant performances that will never get shown. Channel 4 showed a one hour highlight show last September but it was no reflection on the quality that was there. Oxegen never gets the TV coverage it deserves. BBC do an excellent job of T and Glasto and ITV usually do a great job with V festival. It's not right that Oxegen gets overlooked by RTE, TV3 or TG4..Anyway, hopefully MTV will devote alot of time to it this year.

• Advertisement

I love Glasto coverage via the red button. Is it live or on delay.. I know Muse last year was live and that was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I had The Killers '09 and Kasabians '10 performances at T recorded and I watched them regularly until the box broke and deleted them. It was really great coverage. The Channel 4 highlights last year were awful. My favorite song of the whole festival was Fire and they went and fecked about with the format, slowing it down and stuff, it was really annoying

karaokeman wrote: »
    How do you know all those acts are defo playing on the friday?

Current known day splits are on page 115. Pretty acurate for most if not all acts. :) (They list certain days on their facebook or whatever..or by the process of elimation you can figure out which day is free for them to do oxegen :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Coral were really good last year, went not expecting much and loved them.

Yeah I've seen them live a couple of times. They put on a very good show

Yea would love if Oxegen actually got a good broadcasting station since even the MTV coverage was never to great . As people said BBC coverage of TITP/Glasto/Reading is great . Surely RTE/TV3 would love to pick it up and show it over a weekend after Oxegen , or even if Vodafone uploaded performances of bands on their stage up to youtube and same with Heineken on the Green Spheres Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Did any highlights of last year show up? I was looking out for some but never noticed any, excpet for some crap thing on Q :(

I love Glasto coverage via the red button. Is it live or on delay.. I know Muse last year was live and that was fantastic.

Woah woah woah... details, please?? :eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Woah woah woah... details, please?? :eek::eek:
    BBC show live glastonbury footage all weekend, usually for about 4 - 5 hours of highlights every night, but if you press the red button you can watch live footage from different stages. They've been doing that for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thank you, nitromaster, for starting the list. Only 2 additions from me so far, but I will keep working on this one. I'm especially hoping to get info on Jessie J soon (please let it be on Saturday, hee hee).

Friday

Main Stage:
    The Black Eyed Peas
    The Script

Vodafone Stage:
    My Chemical Romance
    Hurts
    Weezer
    All Time Low

Saturday

Main Stage:
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys

Stage unknown:
    The Pretty Reckless
    Sunday

Main Stage:
    Coldplay
    The Strokes

Stage unknown:
    The Saturdays

Please feel free to contribute to this with confirmed info (eg taken from the artists website)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

YM@6 just ruled themselves out on twitter.

• Advertisement

Tenks wrote: »
    YM@6 just ruled themselves out on twitter.

Where?

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Thank you, nitromaster, for starting the list. Only 2 additions from me so far, but I will keep working on this one. I'm especially hoping to get info on Jessie J soon (please let it be on Saturday, hee hee).

Friday

Main Stage:
    The Black Eyed Peas
    The Script

Vodafone Stage:
    My Chemical Romance
    Hurts
    Weezer
    All Time Low

Saturday

Main Stage:
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys

Stage unknown:
    The Pretty Reckless
    Sunday

Main Stage:
    Coldplay
    The Strokes

Stage unknown:
    The Saturdays

Please feel free to contribute to this with confirmed info (eg taken from the artists website)
    We've got a lot of the days here: http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=20548&mpage=4 (reposted on page 115), gotta figure out some of the stages though :)
    Jessi J isn't confirmed yet but is the friday/saturday...so 50% chance of you being in luck!
    Where?
    www.twitter.com/joshmeatsix

Presume they thought they were gonna play...because of the blink tour and all..but when that got cancelled...they hadn't really been asked straight by MCD so they're out.

Cant be bothered looking through all the posts on his Twitter but i shall take your word . Pity they are not playing since ive really gotten into them over the last while , Maybe they are just denying it until they are announced

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

We've got a lot of the days here: http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=20548&mpage=4 (reposted on page 115), gotta figure out some of the stages though :)
    Jessi J isn't confirmed yet but is the friday/saturday...so 50% chance of you being in luck!

www.twitter.com/joshmeatsix

Presume they thought they were gonna play...because of the blink tour and all..but when that got cancelled...they hadn't really been asked straight by MCD so they're out.

I still don't see it?
    He says they're still playing T in the Park though

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Cheers for this. Didn't see this link, before I read a few pages back here. Very helpful stuff! :)

Really hope I'll see Jessie J this time. Tried getting a ticket in front of the Academy earlier this month unsuccessfully for 2 hours...

BBC show live glastonbury footage all weekend, usually for about 4 - 5 hours of highlights every night, but if you press the red button you can watch live footage from different stages. They've been doing that for years now.

Awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I still don't see it?
    He says they're still playing T in the Park though
    Nope, we're not playing because the festival never asked us.. RT @jadedullaghan: @DrnkTxtRmeo_ @joshmeatsix he's defo not playing oxegen cause he hates uz
    Link

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That only came up after I made that post!

4 more acts announced, Tiga, Afrojack, Ocean Colour Scene, Fun Lovin’ Criminals & Fenech Soler

http://www.oxegen.ie/6079/news/more-artists-added-to-oxegen-line-up/

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Is Ke$ha still playing? Because shes not on any posters. And on the post where they announced her, her names been removed.

Advertisement