Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Who gives a ****, the less auto tuned pop crap the better

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FTS wrote: »
    Is Ke$ha still playing? Because shes not on any posters. And on the post where they announced her, her names been removed.

I think she has been taken off the line up , so she might be announced later on because MCD will want to have the Summerjam to sell well 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Just wondering, if anyone who's paying by the installments got an email last Saturday (23rd) to say that the next €75 was charged yet? .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nikkisixx69

is the camping in oxygen as rough as the stories ive heard in the past?? like tents being set on fire/robbed/broken down/ pissed in??

contemplating going this year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

is the camping in oxygen as rough as the stories ive heard in the past?? like tents being set on fire/robbed/broken down/ pissed in??

Camping at Oxegen is not as bad as the stories would suggest..I've been camping every year without fail since 2005 and I have never had a problem. Yes, there is cases of tents being set on fire but this is mainly done in the early hours of Monday morning as people pack up and head for home and its mostly the owners of the tents (usually large groups of lads) who set their own tent on fire rather than go to the hassle of taking it down and carrying it to the car park/bus...At that stage you just want to go home. 90,000 people attend the festival so obviously there will be some people who act the clown (due to drink) and will mess around but its nothing you won't see in Cork/Dublin/Limerick/Galway or any town in Ireland any weekend for that matter. Make sure you camp with friends, get to know your neighbours and just take basic steps to protect your stuff..You wouldn't leave your wallet lying in your front garden so why leave it lying next to your tent.

You'll have a great weekend there. Bring clothes to suit the forecast and nothing valuable (because you'll lose it, not because it will be robbed) and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

Got this from the Oxegen Forums and does a good description in my opinion
    I've been every year since 2006, and I've never had a problem in terms of violence or theft as yet, I have heard stories, but there's good and bad everywhere! The vast majority of people go for a good time!
    I don't know what V is like, but I've been to Reading and it was so handy with alcohol on sale right outside the festival. This doesn't happen at Oxegen. Bring any alcohol you want to consume in the campsite with you, the nearest town is a bus away (although it's a free shuttle bus, it's still a major inconvenience).
    As said, the site is HUGE. Expect a long walk to the campsite made even longer because you'll probably be carrying crates of beer as well as your camping gear!
    There are shops in the campsites where you can buy any basics you might have forgotten, including camping equipment and wellies. (You'll definitely need wellies!)
    Alcohol is served in the arenas but it's very expensive and you'll be queuing for it. Better off sneaking your own into the arenas because you're not allowed to bring it in.
    Food is expensive, not alot you can do about that, you're gonna have to eat.
    No campfires allowed anywhere on site unfortunately, it's going to be cold at night.
    It'll probably rain all weekend. Don't expect to stay clean/dry, jump in puddles, roll around in the mud, you'll enjoy it ;)
    People often complain about toilets, to be honest, in comparison to Reading the Oxegen toilets are immaculate so I wouldn't worry about that.
    There are hot showers on site, I've never used them, but they're there.
    Lockers are available on site too, make use of them if you're worried about valuables, they have phone chargers in them too.

Have a whopper time, it will probably be the best weekend of your life. :)

Couple of useful links:

Lockers (cost £15) - http://www.lockerhouse.co.uk/events.asp
    Luxury Camping - Tangerine Fields (cost min. €170) - http://www.tangerinefields.com/catalog/category/view/s/oxegen-festival-2011/id/419/

More info on everything @ oxegen.ie (info/FAQ/camping tabs)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Best weekend of your life?? I wouldnt say that now... :P maybe for a 17 year old...

But advise I give people: Bring wellies, waterproof trousers (the sort of rubber ones) that you wear over normal trousers that can go over the wellies, waterproof light jacket, a big waterproof hat or something like that and a thermal cold top (the ones to keep you warm that athletes wear) as if it lashes, which it will, these will keep you warm and fairly dry if the rain gets under the jacket.

I definitly advise you bring all those items, incredibly handy for oxegen, you dont feel half as ****ty over the weekend when you wear those things as you get hardly wet or mucjy at all.

Tinie wrote: »
    Best weekend of your life?? I wouldnt say that now... :P maybe for a 17 year old...

But advise I give people: Bring wellies, waterproof trousers (the sort of rubber ones) that you wear over normal trousers that can go over the wellies, waterproof light jacket, a big waterproof hat or something like that and a thermal cold top (the ones to keep you warm that athletes wear) as if it lashes, which it will, these will keep you warm and fairly dry if the rain gets under the jacket.

I definitly advise you bring all those items, incredibly handy for oxegen, you dont feel half as ****ty over the weekend when you wear those things as you get hardly wet or mucjy at all.

The last time i camped was 2008 when i was 19 and had a great time , also i went in 09 but didnt camp and enjoyed myself. Every year i have went ive had a great time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just wondering, if anyone who's paying by the installments got an email last Saturday (23rd) to say that the next €75 was charged yet? .
    Yeh I got it last week sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

Its gettin close :)

• Advertisement

70 Days from tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

It can be. 99.99% of people don't have any problem camping. So you could get unlucky. My advice would be to camp far away from the entrance into the arena. The closer you are, the denser the tents, and the more people. I've noticed that the people who are more likely to wreck/rob other peoples stuff and cause trouble set up their tent as soon as possible.

I've always been pretty far away from everything and have had no problems.

I'm staying in Tangerine Fields this year though. That's always an option if you're worried about camping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Does the Shuttle Bus return to Naas on each of the three nights?

I'm going but I'm not camping.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Does the Shuttle Bus return to Naas on each of the three nights?

I'm going but I'm not camping.

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Sunday

Main Stage:

The Strokes
    )

Apparently The Strokes have been switched to Friday, according to their official website.
    http://new.thestrokes.com/tour

Apparently The Strokes have been switched to Friday, according to their official website.
    http://new.thestrokes.com/tour

Ah enough about The Strokes already.

We want more Slash, hopefully he won't clash with Coldplay.

Im more worried at a Coldplay vs Pendulum vs Slash clash , although i would prob pick Colplay since i have seen the other 2.
    He’s previously collaborated with Arctic Monkeys’ frontman Alex Turner on The Last Shadow Puppets, now Miles Kane is winning new plaudits for his brilliant solo album ‘Colour Of The Trap’. And you can see him at Oxegen ’11!

The beautiful The Age of The Understatement was one of the standout releases of 2008. It went straight to number 1 in the UK Album Charts and narrowly missed out on The Mercury Music Prize. The Last Shadow Puppets also won the Q Award for Best New Act in 2008.

Kane’s collaboration with Turner extended into Arctic Monkeys material, with Kane playing guitar on “505″, the closing track of ‘Favourite Worst Nightmare’.

Turner also features on ‘Colour of The Trap’ along with Gruff Rhys and Noel Gallagher. The album is out on the 9th May and is being hailed as one of the records of the year.

‘Kane is fast becoming one of Britain’s landmark composers’ MOJO (****)

‘For all the troubled lyrics, these songs pack punches’ Q (****)

Im more worried at a Coldplay vs Pendulum vs Slash clash , although i would prob pick Colplay since i have seen the other 2.

Thats the way I look at it.

Currently The Script are the only band playing Oxegen this year I've seen live.

But generally I rarely see the same band more than once. I find money is much better spent when you've tried many bands rather than some people who follow U2 around the world (my dad knows people who have seen them 30 times, I'm happy enough with the one gig I saw).

Unfortunately I haven't of yet been to many gigs so clashes will be a huge issue for me.

If I get to see Artic Monkeys, Slash, Beady Eye, Coldplay, Brandon Flowers, Eliza Doolittle and Bruno Mars I will be very happy:).

Yea i usually try got a band i have not seen , but on Saturday i dont really care who is on the other stages cause ill def be at the Foo's :) Even though ill be seeing them a week before in the UK

I genuinely think that was the first time I mentioned The Strokes :confused:

Aaaanyway, it's a change in the announcement made by MCD earlier this year.

Is that Stone Roses reject (aka Slash) any good these days?!

• Advertisement

Is that Stone Roses reject (aka Slash) any good these days?
    !

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I genuinely think that was the first time I mentioned The Strokes :confused:!

Thy had already been mentioned a good few times. Particularly the Sunday changed to Friday thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

http://news.superiorpics.com/2006/05/11/STONE_ROSES_TURNED_DOWN_SLASH.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

You could hardly say he's a reject, considering Ian Brown is raging he didn't take the offer.

To answer your question - he is epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Slash wasn't in the Stone Roses!! He was in Guns 'n' Roses and Velvet Revolver.

Thank god he didnt join , IMO i think Stone Roses are utter cack

baz2009 wrote: »
    You could hardly say he's a reject, considering Ian Brown is raging he didn't take the offer.

To answer your question - he is epic.

Brown did regret it later but he definitely also rejected Slash's offer to join the Roses, hence he was a Stone Roses reject! I was being facetious anyway if I'm to be totally honest

Thy had already been mentioned a good few times. Particularly the Sunday changed to Friday thing

I didn't realise there was a limit on the amount of times a band could be mentioned in a thread ;)

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Slash wasn't in the Stone Roses!! He was in Guns 'n' Roses and Velvet Revolver.

That's true, he was not in The Stone Roses

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I didn't realise there was a limit on the amount of times a band could be mentioned in a thread ;)

I think it was more repeating the same thing several times :P

Advertisement