Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    That'd be amazing, dunno if it's likely though!

She's headlining Glastonbury, so I doubt she'd settle for anything less than a headline spot at Oxegen? :confused:

Jay Z headlined Glasto and subbed Oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Maybe the Sunday with Coldplay if The Strokes are moved to Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If she is, I'd say maybe the Saturday headlining the Vodafone Stage up against Foo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    If she is, I'd say maybe the Saturday headlining the Vodafone Stage up against Foo's?

I actually prefer the idea of Beyonce sub-headlining the sunday with Coldplay.

I think it would be fair if Beyonce was announced because that would even the odds for pop and rock fans and lets face it there will be a mix of them at the festival.

I'm actually more concerned about Beady Eye and whether they will headline any stages or just play on the new bands stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Caoimh35 wrote: »
    Sorry mods, this may have been asked/answered already but I dont fancy reading the entire thread:), have the day breakdowns for bands been decided yet? If so, can someone put a link up or if not anyone know when this will be announced? Cheers

Page 115 has a rough breakdown of who's announced what days so far on their sites, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

TITP added 7 Scottish acts to the line up this morning. Therefore, you would imagine, Irish acts like the Coronas, Republic of Loose and maybe Snow Patrol could appear with the likes of Beyonce and maybe RHCP if any sort of "major" announcement is being made...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

TITP added 7 Scottish acts to the line up this morning. Therefore, you would imagine, Irish acts like the Coronas, Republic of Loose and maybe Snow Patrol could appear with the likes of Beyonce and maybe RHCP if any sort of "major" announcement is being made...

I'm sorry to down people's hopes but the RHCP will not be announced for Oxegen.

If they were to play it would be as a headliner, hardly the Vodaphone stage. They played in 2006 as headline and after that I couldn't imagine them asking for any less.

Irish acts yes definitely, Snow Patrol may be a possibility with a new album out.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm sorry to down people's hopes but the RHCP will not be announced for Oxegen.

If they were to play it would be as a headliner, hardly the Vodaphone stage. They played in 2006 as headline and after that I couldn't imagine them asking for any less.

Irish acts yes definitely, Snow Patrol may be a possibility with a new album out.

Yea there is no way Chilis will play this year since all headline slots are gone and wont play any lower.

Irish acts i think we might get away without having the corona's since they are doing Marlay Park. Snow Patrol wont play , would be happy of Fighting With Wire , The Answer , In Case Of Fire , ASIWFA were added

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm actually more concerned about Beady Eye and whether they will headline any stages or just play on the new bands stage.

But they are a new band :P

Not sure about them headlining any of the stages though, wouldn't be a worthy act to do so IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭bren2001

They won't headline any stage. I imagine they will be quite high up on the second stage

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    They won't headline any stage. I imagine they will be quite high up on the second stage

I could see them headlining Green Spheres or sub headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

One of the papers (I think its The Sun) has a side story on their front page tomorrow with the headline "Naas Booty Beyo".

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

T in the Park have confirmed Beyonce just there on their FB. So she's deffo playing Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

I wouldn't mind some of those Scottish acts.
    Chances though.

Paddytee wrote: »
    T in the Park have confirmed Beyonce to headline just there on their FB. So she's deffo playing Oxegen

She is not headlining , just playing

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Opps sorry. Thought heading was headlining for a second :L

Must say even if ya dont like her its a massive coup for TITP/Oxegen since we now have 2 Glasto headliners and 2/3 Reading and Leeds headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yeah, they have done really well this year :eek:

I wouldn't be too pushed on Beyonce myself but if she doesn't clash with anyone I don't want to miss I'll probably check her out, just to say I've seen her :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

She could be joint headlining the Friday night with Black Eyed Peas

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

She is headlining....
    She is closing the show on the sunday night was confirmed on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

sisco wrote: »
    She is headlining....
    She is closing the show on the sunday night was confirmed on the radio

For t in the park or oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Oxegen she is headlining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

sisco wrote: »
    Oxegen she is headlining

Yeah it's on the website. Should have checked.

That's insane that we have an r/l headliner and 2 Glastonbury headliners on the same day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yeah it's on the website. Should have checked.

That's insane that we have an r/l headliner and 2 Glastonbury headliners on the same day. :confused:
    Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh dear

the amount of negative responses on Oxegen's Facebook announcement is hilarious. Sell outs :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

The script, beyonce and black eyed peas. Europes best rock and roll music festival

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

maximoose wrote: »
    Oh dear

the amount of negative responses on Oxegen's Facebook announcement is hilarious. Sell outs :(

95 per cent negative comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

95 per cent negative comments

Yeah it kinda funny but if you don't like her, then don't go to her, its pretty simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

This post has been deleted.

Ah there after saying everywhere including the official site that she'll be ending the festival on Sunday so i reckon she said that she can only do Sunday night or nothing.......so id say it'l stay as that :)

Advertisement