Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

hmmm i dunno act...I cant member what time headliners started last year....10 maybe? I act cant member

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lol at some of the comments on selling out. Beyonce is one of the better acts at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

She'll be on around 10pm, curfew is midnight on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Woo, Beyoncé!

Does this mean Coldplay will be on before her, or they'll play the Vodafone stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Someone asked earlier if there would be a replacement for Blink at Oxegen... I suppose Beyonce is your answer. I'd be far more interested in Lady Gaga or Rihanna but I wouldn't totally snub Beyonce. ;)

tbh I'd be surprised if she headlined over Coldplay. And I guess this means The Strokes will be third last on the main stage, unless they are in fact headlining the second stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Someone asked earlier if there would be a replacement for Blink at Oxegen... I suppose Beyonce is your answer. I'd be far more interested in Lady Gaga or Rihanna but I wouldn't totally snub Beyonce. ;)

tbh I'd be surprised if she headlined over Coldplay. And I guess this means The Strokes will be third last on the main stage, unless they are in fact headlining the second stage.

She's announced to be closing the festival though, and she's announced as a headliner. She's probably the main headliner at that though! Probably Coldplay on VF Stage and Beyoncé on the main one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭bren2001

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    She's announced to be closing the festival though, and she's announced as a headliner. She's probably the main headliner at that though! Probably Coldplay on VF Stage and Beyoncé on the main one!

Coldplay won't play second stage. They are a main stage band.

I think what has happened is, Beyonce will headline the sunday (she is billed as the top act on oxegen.ie), coldplay will be on before her (which is weird) and the strokes have moved to the friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ergo

Caoimh35 wrote: »
    Sorry mods, this may have been asked/answered already but I dont fancy reading the entire thread:), have the day breakdowns for bands been decided yet? If so, can someone put a link up or if not anyone know when this will be announced? Cheers

what they^ said? are the day breakdowns anywhere convenient to find, apart from reading the 125 page thread..!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thats just stupid that Beyonce is closing the festival as opposed to Coldplay.

Sure Beyonce internationally is bigger than Coldplay but in Ireland Coldplay have a greater fan base.

Also Beyonce has never played any major gigs in Ireland. She may've played 2 O2's but Coldplay did that AND a phoenix park show in sept 2009.

Right now I would much prefer Coldplay to play the Vodaphone stage as I would then get to see them play a full setlist rather than an hour slot opening for Beynoce.

Likelihood is they will play the main stage. Ah well, least I'll be able to say I've seen both acts and then I will see Coldplay next time they tour, which hopefully will be soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

kerash wrote: »
    Who?

The strokes are headlining r and l and coldplay and beyonce are headlining Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Beyonce is a terrible closer to the festival I think, nothing against the artist I just think Coldplay would be a much better closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Beyonce is a terrible closer to the festival I think, nothing against the artist I just think Coldplay would be a much better closer.

Yeah I hope the other stage closers are good, cause they'll probably be pretty busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I hope the atmosphere is the same this year as it was from years before, seems like a totally different crowd this year :/

I hope Beyonce isn't the last major act TBA, Their is so many great rock n roll acts that could very well go The Darkness,Queens of the stone age, Biffy ect....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Day by day break down being announced tomorrow moring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Lads she's not that bad, considering all the artists we could have got... As in, artists from her genre..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Lol that will never beat Take That, 8 nights at Wembley Stadium.

But yeah least we still have both Beyonce and Coldplay, now all thats missing is U2 and Oxegen would triumph over Glastonbury this year.

Day by day breakdown will be announced on 2fm tomorrow, getting excited much:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

karaokeman wrote: »

Day by day breakdown will be announced on 2fm tomorrow, getting excited much:D

Today FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

QOTSA are playing the 02 Academy in Bournemouth on June 28th, think this increases their chances of being at Oxegen? One can hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

The Script, BEP and now Beyonce are playing. It it going to be, far and away, the ****test crowd ever for a festival that draws notoriously **** crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Joseph...

badly want to hear coldplay there-i fear this is the last time they will play at a big festival near me for some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

What sort of garbage attempt to make a point is this? Have you been to many festivals before? If you have, you should have a decent idea of how important the vibe and atmosphere are for the event. The mentioned bands are going to draw a fair amount of morons, scumbags, and people who have no real interest in music,* and adding these to the sum total of punters attending will detract from this vibe.
    I really hate that its always the same people who complain about the crowds ya dont hear the script or BEP's fans complaning about the foo fighters fans that are gonna be there!
    Nor would they have the same grounds to do so, as The Foo Fighters won't draw the same level of morons, pikeys, and people with no real interest in music.
    Hoe can ya have a good time if thats the attitude
    For what it's worth, I've been to Oxegen 4 times and had a blast on each occasion. I've also been to festivals that are far better and it's not just the quality of the lineup that makes the difference, it's the quality of the people.

*I'll preempt this with a disclaimer as I know someone's going to object: I'm not labelling all fans of these acts with the pejoratives mentioned above.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The Script, BEP and now Beyonce are playing. It it going to be, far and away, the ****test crowd ever for a festival that draws notoriously **** crowds.

Unlike last year with Eminem,BEP,FATM,Dizzee Rascal,Fat Boy Slim etc??????

As people have said if you dont like an act do go see them, It will be impossible to find a festival where very act that people will like , i dont really care about BEP/Script cause i wont go see them and in a good way i will avoid any clashes.
    Not the biggest fan of beyonce but if she doesnt clash with anyone ill watch her since from reports she puts on a great show.
    Also Coldplay will headline the Main Stage on Sunday with Beyonce under

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

The real headliners were leaked !

poster-2011.jpg

It might happen, tsshyeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The Darkness??? Are they still even around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

The Darkness??? Are they still even around?

Yea reformed a few weeks back, 3rd album on the way too !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

its actually annoying how much negativity there is today about Beyonce. If you dont like her dont go see her. Plenty of people like her as do plenty of people like Foo's and Arctics. Its not as if her presence is going to ruin the weekend, and if you think it will then get over yourself and make the most of your weekend.

Advertisement