Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

can we please stop the MCR vs Strokes crap??? :confused:

Yeah.. I can't believe it's still going on. Just stfu and go to whoever you prefer, simple as :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bren2001

This post has been deleted.

Youll get yourself pretty damn close alright. Mainly in between acts on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bren2001 wrote: »
    Youll get yourself pretty damn close alright. Mainly in between acts on the stage.

She'll definitely to the barrier by going a few acts before. Its very easy at Oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1890222222

Feck The Strokes and MCR, it's all about the Swedish House Mafia!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

The xx have a new album out late this year, any1 think they could get announced?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

1890222222 wrote: »
    Feck The Strokes and MCR, it's all about the Swedish House Mafia!! :D
    2 years ago yeah, when they got a good crowd, and had a great set, without any of the siht own stuff, but now I fear it will be a crowd full of 17 year olds and skangers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murphy93

Does Beyonce really have a say in who appears and the pecking order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1890222222

2 years ago yeah, when they got a good crowd, and had a great set, without any of the siht own stuff, but now I fear it will be a crowd full of 17 year olds and skangers!
    True, here's hoping BEPs will deter them somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

murphy93 wrote: »
    Does Beyonce really have a say in who appears and the pecking order?

Well she could command a high spot so yes for second one. With regards second one, the record label will try get other lower bands on the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hopefully there are a few more announcements this week . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I saw the Strokes for the first time last year at RockNess in Scotland and although Im more of a dance fan, I was impressed with their performance, they were a great Sunday night closer for the main stage, in-between them and Dave Clarke playing to the rave nutters in the Clash Arena.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

check out dublincoach.ie . They have buses that go from the Red Cow Luas stop every hour straight to Naas and only costs €5 one way (€3 if you have a student card) and it drops you right beside where you can get the shuttle bus out to Oxegen

Appreciate that thanks. They seem very handy alright.

What time do the tent sites open Friday morning, or are they open all night from Thursday does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 osealy

Does anyone know which company is staffing oxegen, and if theyre still taking applications. Would like to work there. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Then what is reliable? The Oxegen top ten poll..as voted by people likely going to Oxegen and to which the Strokes currently have 1 measly vote as opposed to MCR's 5? (and MCR getting a higher placement every week so far....must be extremely good luck with the track choices :P)

If we discount your votes if would be 1 for The Strokes and 0 for MCR.[/QUOTE]

It's long been proven that Facebook isn't reliable, as you yourself proved when only those over 17 were included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Corholio wrote: »
    Appreciate that thanks. They seem very handy alright.

What time do the tent sites open Friday morning, or are they open all night from Thursday does anyone know?

I think they open at 12 noon on the Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

On the Strokes vs MCR debate, I do not ever recall the Strokes ever getting bottled off a stage

But this argument could go on forever, obviously fans of different bands will have opposing views, I am surprised its carried on this like. They both could be headliners, but that shows the strength of Oxegen this year. We have at least 6 bands/artists that could headline most major festivals in the world on one bill. I am pretty impressed by that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Headliners tend to have a lot of say in line-ups.

There's that story from years ago when Anthony Kiedis got Mr. Bungle bumped off the bill of a festival that the Chilli's were headlining because he thought Mike Patton's singing style was too similar to his.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is it possible to see half a band and half of another at Oxegen?

I can't decide between The Strokes and the Black Eyed Peas so I think I will go to the BEP for about 3 songs and then head for the Vodaphone stage to see The Strokes.

I'm curious to see how good each of them are live:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

karaokeman wrote: »

I can't decide between The Strokes and the Black Eyed Peas so I think I will go to the BEP for about 3 songs and then head for the Vodaphone stage to see The Strokes.

Yeah it's possible, it's probably only a 3min walk from main - second stage. 3 songs of BEP is more than enough though.

• Advertisement

I did something like this last year. BEP open with Lets Get It Started which is one of few songs from them that I like. So I went to see that on the second stage and by the time I was in the mosh pit at the main stage I think I'd missed 3/4 Muse songs so very much doable.

You might get good timing as well. Last year I left Jay-z with a few songs left and got in well before David Guetta started

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Princessxx wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know when you would need to buy the tickets for oxegen or do they sell out or what?:confused:

Who knows? :confused:
    Princessxx wrote: »
    me and my friends are interested in getting four day camping tickets and want to know when we should get them by Would be greatful to hear from anyone who knows biggrin.gif

Get them as soon as you can then. That way you won't miss out (in the unlikely but possible event that it does sell-out).

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Penfailed wrote: »
    unlikely but possible event that it does sell-out.

Oxegen has a very good chance of selling out this year because so many acts headliing the main stage and other stages are big enough to be main headliners in so many European festivals.

Someone posted it earlier but Oxegen is the only festival with most of the major festival headliners of Leeds, Glastonbury, V and others barr a select few like U2.

Oxegen this year has Coldplay, Beyonce, The Black Eyed Peas, Foo Fighters, MCR Artic Monkeys and The Strokes.

Any of these would be big enough to headline a main stage in most festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Oxegen this year has Coldplay, Beyonce, The Black Eyed Peas, Foo Fighters, MCR Artic Monkeys and The Strokes.

Any of these would be big enough to headline a main stage in most festivals.

Last year we had far better headliners and as we all know it didnt sell out

I don't see it selling out

I don't see it selling out

Nah it never will, last years line up was almost too good to be true and half of my friends found 4 day tickets being sold for 100quid, plus any ticketmaster outlook i know said that they were nowhere near being sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Long gone are the days of Oxegen selling out. There are other festivals offering better value for money all over Europe, that don't have a reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

It sold out two years ago but it won't happen again for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It sold out two years ago but it won't happen again for a while.

No it didn't. :confused:

Advertisement