Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

seanbmc wrote: »
    We need more big fesivals here, not one big one with every type of music thrown in for good measure.

Nonesense. We have plenty of great festivals. everyone is catered for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I was listening to the Oxegen line up on the radio and my oh my was it a giant heapy pile of manufactured sh*te, absolutely terrible line up for a supposedly indie and alternative, rock, with a bit of hip hop and then a big ol' tent with DJ's to put all the skangers into and keep them away from the festivities - kind of festival. Now the last time I was at Oxegen was 2005 when I was 17 and got to see bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Bloc Party, Kasabian, Doves, Biffy Clyro, LCD Soundsystem, James Brown, etc

now I have been to other festivals in that time and I dont plan on going back to Oxegen but with a line up like

The Black Eyed Peas, The "F*cking" Script, KESHA :confused:, My Chemical Romance, Beyonce, Ndubz, Jessie J, The Saturdays :confused:, etc

You can just imagine the shower of w*nkers that will be dragged in their droves to this, hope they all choke on a big bag of d*cks :mad:

I understand most of those except My Chemical Romance? :confused:

It's got a heavy pop edge to it, it's also got the likes of the Foo Fighters and The Strokes. Bit of everything.
    If it's not that appealing and only certain acts really appeal there's always the option of a day ticket to many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was listening to the Oxegen line up on the radio and my oh my was it a giant heapy pile of manufactured sh*te, absolutely terrible line up for a supposedly indie and alternative, rock, with a bit of hip hop and then a big ol' tent with DJ's to put all the skangers into and keep them away from the festivities - kind of festival. Now the last time I was at Oxegen was 2005 when I was 17 and got to see bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Bloc Party, Kasabian, Doves, Biffy Clyro, LCD Soundsystem, James Brown, etc

now I have been to other festivals in that time and I dont plan on going back to Oxegen but with a line up like

The Black Eyed Peas, The "F*cking" Script, KESHA :confused:, My Chemical Romance, Beyonce, Ndubz, Jessie J, The Saturdays :confused:, etc

You can just imagine the shower of w*nkers that will be dragged in their droves to this, hope they all choke on a big bag of d*cks :mad:
    Well done on picking out the mainstream pop acts playing this year while completely ignoring the rest of lineup. I'd have Foo Fighter and the Strokes over Kasabian and Doves any day tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

myself and a few friends are planning to head to oxegen this year. so far only one of us have tickets he got them for his 18th. i have a chance of 4 day tickets in the red camp for 170 from my mams friend in college but my friend has tickets for the blue camp. my question is can tickets be swapped free of charge at ticket master for a blue camp instead of red ones. i really dont want to pass these tickets up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    myself and a few friends are planning to head to oxegen this year. so far only one of us have tickets he got them for his 18th. i have a chance of 4 day tickets in the red camp for 170 from my mams friend in college but my friend has tickets for the blue camp. my question is can tickets be swapped free of charge at ticket master for a blue camp instead of red ones. i really dont want to pass these tickets up.

Red or Blue on your ticket doesn't matter. I think that's only for parking (?). You can camp anywhere.

• Advertisement

are you sure? have you been? i'm not being snarky or anything i haven't been so i dunno i just assumed you had to stick to the campsite on your ticket. but if you've been and know for sure or just know as it is it would make my day. :) my summer in fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    are you sure? have you been? i'm not being snarky or anything i haven't been so i dunno i just assumed you had to stick to the campsite on your ticket. but if you've been and know for sure or just know as it is it would make my day. :) my summer in fact

Positive. I had red tickets last year but camped in blue!

jubella if i run into you at oxegen i shall hand you a slab of the drink of your choice just for that . thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I understand most of those except My Chemical Romance? :confused:

Enough with the bringing MCR into everything, thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Enough with the bringing MCR into everything, thanks :pac:
    Apologies :P You were the only one who actually replied to that bit though......:pac:

(and just pointing out what actually did stick out in that list of pop acts....along with more importantly...posting that the fest did have a strong rock edge as well with the likes of the strokes + foo fighters)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Listened to oxegen radio earlier, said there are a few more big names to be added soon. I wonder are they actual big names, or just marketing tactics . . .

And I do not have my hopes up of QOTSA announcing next Thursday that they will be back for Oxegen at all, at all. /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Listened to oxegen radio earlier, said there are a few more big names to be added soon. I wonder are they actual big names, or just marketing tactics . . .

And I do not have my hopes up of QOTSA announcing next Thursday that they will be back for Oxegen at all, at all. /sarcasm
    I really hope they don't play Oxegen because it means i'll most likely give in, buy a ticket and have to spend a day in that knacker infested hell hole where its likely the sky will p1ss down on me all day long.

Did you miss out on the Olympia gig, StaticAge?

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    I really hope they don't play Oxegen because it means i'll most likely give in, buy a ticket and have to spend a day in that knacker infested hell hole where its likely the sky will p1ss down on me all day long.

Did you miss out on the Olympia gig, StaticAge?
    No, myself and Gunslinger92 got 2 unreserved seating tickets. Raging we could not get standing but gladly make do with them, as I know alot of people missed out. So would love if they announced for Oxegen, and with Arctic Monkeys and Foo's playing and QOTSA playing European festivals at the time, plenty of links that point towards QOTSA being in with a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Your right there. Its just pure advertising.

There is no room for anymore headliners.

Unless U2 replace the Black Eyed Peas as the friday headliner and make the Peas and Script either sub-heads or Vodaphone stage headliners.

That I would like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭bren2001

karaokeman wrote: »
    Your right there. Its just pure advertising.

There is no room for anymore headliners.

Your right there is not room for headliners but "big name" acts play throughout the day e.g. people like Katy Perry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

What other "big acts" do we think could be announced?

QOTSA
    Kasabian (Unlikely)
    White Lies (Slane)
    We Are Scientists (Unlikely)
    Feeder
    Foals
    Chipmunk (TITP)
    Wretch 32 (TITP)
    Tim Berg/Avicii
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Bloc Party (New Album, dunno when its out thou)
    Charlie Simpson (Debut Solo Album)
    Taio Cruz
    Tinchy Stryder
    Cage The Elephant (Unlikely)
    Kanye West (Rumour)
    Kid Cudi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Well shock horror, the Irish Times must be wrong!
    I've been going since 2005, and the last time that definately sold out was 2007 because I had to find someone to buy a ticket from as none were available. Ever since it became a 3 day thing, it hasnt sold out.....FACT!!!!

Unless you have bought your tickets on the day since 2008, you can't prove it. Irish Times > some user who can't spell "definitely."

Wrong.

Does it really matter if those years sold out or not though? which they didn't!!!

Festival selling out ≠ great festival

Well if you write it in large letters you win!!! Nah, I joke. It clearly sold out in 2008 and 2009.

I didn't say it made it a better festival, entirely irrelevant point.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Really wasn't that funny, tbh.

Charlie Haughey found "It sold out every year other than last year. Anything else is just hearsay" funny. It must just be something about boards.ie I guess.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Regardless of it selling out or not (2008/9/10 didn't AFAIK), finding a ticket to Oxegen has never been hard, there are always a ton of tickets flying around, ever notice how many competitions there are for free passes?

If your a bit of a risk taker, you can get a dirt cheap ticket on the day of the festival from people trying to get rid of them.

Yeah, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ok that's enough of the did it sell out or not bollocks. Back on topic from here on. Cheers.

Just to be clear - no replies about it on thread, take it to PM if you want to.

As you were...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Mulvee wrote: »
    What other "big acts" do we think could be announced?

QOTSA
    Kasabian (Unlikely)
    White Lies (Slane)
    We Are Scientists (Unlikely)
    Feeder
    Foals
    Chipmunk (TITP)
    Wretch 32 (TITP)
    Tim Berg/Avicii
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Bloc Party (New Album, dunno when its out thou)
    Charlie Simpson (Debut Solo Album)
    Taio Cruz
    Tinchy Stryder
    Cage The Elephant (Unlikely)
    Kanye West (Rumour)
    Kid Cudi

If I remember correctly, Feeder said they aren't playing Oxegen this year :( I could be getting them mixed up with someone else though! I would be over the moon if QOTSA got announced, even though I am seeing them twice this year :p

Feeder are only doing smaller festivals, but you never know so fingers crossed, I would love to see them again, they are always epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Do you think that they could be announced tomorrow or next Thursday?

I am hoping they announce it next Thursday at the gig, but thats just wishful thinking on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I am hoping they announce it next Thursday at the gig, but thats just wishful thinking on my part
    Surely QOTSA know that Oxegen is happening. They'd love to play it no?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Surely QOTSA know that Oxegen is happening. They'd love to play it no?
    Yeah they have played it twice before, in 05 and 07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

CSS and Twisted Wheel have new albums out soon so they're a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Just wondering if the headline act plays a longer set than the bands just below it e.g Foo Fighters playing slightly longer than Arctic Monkeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just wondering if the headline act plays a longer set than the bands just below it e.g Foo Fighters playing slightly longer than Arctic Monkeys?

Yeah they'd play an extra 10-20 minutes I'd imagine. A good reference is Kasabian last year who played 15 songs in the Monkeys slot at oxegen before playing 17 over at T as a headliner. Foo's will play a length of show you'd see at a gig, Monkeys will be a bit short of that, but only a little bit

Advertisement