Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

But Foo's have been going a bit mad lately with their shows, playing some 2 and a 1/2, 3 hours per show, thats between 30 and 40 songs.

Doubt we would be that lucky though =/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

But Foo's have been going a bit mad lately with their shows, playing some 2 and a 1/2, 3 hours per show, thats between 30 and 40 songs.

Doubt we would be that lucky though =/

Yea but thats at their own shows , at Festivals they will prob have restrictions. Id say headliners will get about 1hour 30/40mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yea but thats at their own shows , at Festivals they will prob have restrictions. Id say headliners will get about 1hour 30/40mins

Yeah I think the headliners and second stage headliners got between 90 mins and 120 mins. I think faithless had something like 65 or 70 minutes, so it'll probably be about the same for artic monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GFFABM

Has anyone stayed in the green campsite before? Can you camp in there with your own tent, or do you have to sign up to one of the companies like tangerine fields?

Thanks!

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

GFFABM wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in the green campsite before? Can you camp in there with your own tent, or do you have to sign up to one of the companies like tangerine fields?

Thanks!

:)

I'm pretty sure you can camp using your own tent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm pretty sure you can camp using your own tent

Own tents are for performers and staff only. You have to pay Tangerine fields or the like otherwise

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

antodeco wrote: »
    Own tents are for performers and staff only. You have to pay Tangerine fields or the like otherwise

That's me told! :D
    apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

antodeco wrote: »

Performers? Like will the Arctic Monkeys be poppin up a tent before heaidng on stage :P

Performers? Like will the Arctic Monkeys be poppin up a tent before heaidng on stage :P

Well Kassidy camped near us in the staff campsite last year , didnt no who they were till i seen a picture of them

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Metronomy, Tame Impala, Grouplove, Wolf Gang, City & Colour, The Saw Doctors, Kassidy, Clare Maguire, Fenech-Soler, Her Majesty & The Wolves, Fight Like Apes, The Head And The Heart and Evaline all announced for TITP.

That rules out some of our exclusives. I hope we get Grouplove.
    TITP is looking like the better festival this year to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

We're getting pretty much all of them, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

going for first time with a mate camping..any tips? i hear drink theft is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

We're getting 6 of them, out of that announcement we don't have Tame Impala, Grouplove, Wolf Gang, Kassidy, Clare Maguire, The Head And The Heart & Evaline.

TITP have 50 acts so far that we don't have, but have announced about 30 more...and 16 of those are their t-break stage, though there's some brilliant bands on that stage this year that I would love to play Oxegen (doubtful).

We have 22 acts that TITP don't have - including Calvin Harris who has only been announced as doing a DJ set for TITP.

Oxegen only have 74 acts announced, seeing as there's just over 50 days to go you'd think they'd have announced more already.

Also, I could have sworn that Everything Everything was announced for Oxegen. But they aren't listed in the A-Z or on the line-up poster. They are playing TITP, so hopefully we do get them.

I don't see us getting many acts that are currently TITP only since they are either playing "@ the park" or Electric Picnic, or the Scottish acts to our Irish acts. I'd much rather someone like Twin Atlantic to be announced than The Coronas again (I like them and all, but they need to take a break from Oxegen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

going for first time with a mate camping..any tips? i hear drink theft is a problem

I go to Oxegen every year with a group of friends and we have never had a problem with theft (touch wood).. It's like anything really, if you leave it visible for all to see then yes, you seriously increase the possibility of it being taken. Just have it tucked away at the back of your tent, not right inside the entrance. Get to know your neighbours when you arrive and have a few drinks with them and see if you can trust them. That then means you have extra eyes keeping an eye on your stuff for you when your not around. The fact that drink is so cheap in supermarkets these days means that people are fairly well stocked when they arrive. Maybe towards the end of the festival people run slightly dry and decide to help themselves but I've never seen it as being a huge issue. Other than that just bring plenty dry clothes, loads of socks and baby wipes, wellies, etc and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

sound pal..cye there mabey haha

sound pal..cye there mabey haha

Just don't rob my drink mate..ha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Get there early on Thursday. We got there about 11am last year, and still had to queue just over an hour to get in!

Going on Thursday is a must though if you want a good spot to camp. Keep away from walkways! Far less likely to have anything stolen.

I'd suggest bringing a small lock for the tent, and tuck it inside the cover so it's unseen. People will be likely to just move on and rob the next tent if they find a lock when to go to break in.

audreykerr wrote: »
    We're getting 6 of them, out of that announcement we don't have Tame Impala, Grouplove, Wolf Gang, Kassidy, Clare Maguire, The Head And The Heart & Evaline.

TITP have 50 acts so far that we don't have, but have announced about 30 more...and 16 of those are their t-break stage, though there's some brilliant bands on that stage this year that I would love to play Oxegen (doubtful).

We have 22 acts that TITP don't have - including Calvin Harris who has only been announced as doing a DJ set for TITP.

Oxegen only have 74 acts announced, seeing as there's just over 50 days to go you'd think they'd have announced more already.

Also, I could have sworn that Everything Everything was announced for Oxegen. But they aren't listed in the A-Z or on the line-up poster. They are playing TITP, so hopefully we do get them.

I don't see us getting many acts that are currently TITP only since they are either playing "@ the park" or Electric Picnic, or the Scottish acts to our Irish acts. I'd much rather someone like Twin Atlantic to be announced than The Coronas again (I like them and all, but they need to take a break from Oxegen).

Yea i hope we get Twin Atlantic , maybe since TITP are getting Villagers/Saw Doctors/Script/Fight Like Apes maybe we will get a few Scottish acts in return ha.

Id say we will get an announcement by the end of the week if its true that we are getting QOTSA they will want to wait after their gig this week. Hopefully we get a bunch of acts maybe 20/30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

blue-army wrote: »
    Keep away from walkways! Far less likely to have anything stolen.

In all my years of going to festivals this is one of the best tips. Camp by the walkways and you're more likely to have your tent tripped on, pissed on, fucked around with, probably stolen from. And since they're beside high traffic areas, more prone to noise: bad if you want a bit of shut-eye.

I know the "official" rules say no Gazebo's but me and few friends are thinking of getting a small 3*3 metre Gazebo to bring with us. I've seen it in the shop fully assembled and it's not big. Do ye think we'll have any problem 1.getting it into the campsite? and 2. being allowed put it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here avails of the Dublin Bus service to and from Oxegen. Thinking of heading to the festival this year, but need to be at home in the mornings for various reasons. So is it a viable option? Would it get me home at a reasonable enough hour? The only previous experience I have had with this kind of service was Slane in 2009, and, well, the less said about that, the better. But anyway, thanks, looking forward to any responses.

rockey4215 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here avails of the Dublin Bus service to and from Oxegen. Thinking of heading to the festival this year, but need to be at home in the mornings for various reasons. So is it a viable option? Would it get me home at a reasonable enough hour? The only previous experience I have had with this kind of service was Slane in 2009, and, well, the less said about that, the better. But anyway, thanks, looking forward to any responses.

You should get home quickly enough, especially on Friday and Saturday. If you don't live in or around Dublin city centre you can get a Nitelink for the rest of the trip, bear in mind these won't be running on the Sunday. If you plan on going on all three days you'll have to pay for three return bus tickets, which will set you back around €60. Bit of a rip, I know.

Thanks very much, yeah the cost is a bit steep, but to look on the bright side, it would cost me as much if not more to camp, considering I have no tent or anything like that, and I get to sleep in my own bed and a shower and all that. I was only planning on going on the Saturday, but the line-up is really fantastic this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks very much, yeah the cost is a bit steep, but to look on the bright side, it would cost me as much if not more to camp, considering I have no tent or anything like that, and I get to sleep in my own bed and a shower and all that. I was only planning on going on the Saturday, but the line-up is really fantastic this year.

Hey dude I'm with you on this one.

I too have a 3-day non-camping.

I originally planned to just see Coldplay and what not whose playing on the sunday but I too love the lineup this year.

I mean you can't beat BEP, Foos and Coldplay. They are some of the biggest bands in the world, with Beyonce as the cherry on top diva of 75 million record sales.

Apologies to all the BEP & Beyonce haters. I know many people on this board will avoid these two acts but you can't deny how phenomenaly popular they are and they will definitely help with ticket sales etc.

Thanks very much, yeah the cost is a bit steep, but to look on the bright side, it would cost me as much if not more to camp, considering I have no tent or anything like that, and I get to sleep in my own bed and a shower and all that.

Oh definitely, I just think it would be an idea for Dublin Bus to provide some sort of discount if you were to use their services on all three days.

Oh definitely, I just think it would be an idea for Dublin Bus to provide some sort of discount if you were to use their services on all three days.

True, but then again I have never known Dublin Bus to be the most considerate of companies.

And now to another question which I completely forgot to ask in my OP: I've already had a day ticket for Saturday ordered online (twas a birthday present, and it is yet to be dispatched). I've read on the website that it's possible to upgrade the to camping tickets at any Ticketmaster outlet. Can I upgrade to 3 day non-camping too? I'd imagine I can, but just want to be sure. Forgive my multiple questioning, just I've looked all around the web for this info, but to no avail. Cheers. :)

For anyone that is thinking about getting the Dublin bus every day/night ye should check out www.dublincoach.ie . They have now started to run buses 24/7 from Naas to the Red Cow Luas stop and it only costs €5 each way or €3 with a student card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

In theory, how easy/hard would it be to buy a day ticket and camp? Not for the whole weekend, but a few of my friends are thinking of going on the Sunday and they don't really want to leave again at like 12 that night...

And now to another question which I completely forgot to ask in my OP: I've already had a day ticket for Saturday ordered online (twas a birthday present, and it is yet to be dispatched). I've read on the website that it's possible to upgrade the to camping tickets at any Ticketmaster outlet. Can I upgrade to 3 day non-camping too? I'd imagine I can, but just want to be sure.

I'm sure it will apply to non-camping tickets also, as long as you are trading UP to tickets of higher value. Best to contact MCD or Oxegen directly just to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I know the "official" rules say no Gazebo's but me and few friends are thinking of getting a small 3*3 metre Gazebo to bring with us. I've seen it in the shop fully assembled and it's not big. Do ye think we'll have any problem 1.getting it into the campsite? and 2. being allowed put it up?

They won't let you use it. I've seen one group of people get away with it. But it was a heavily modified gazebo that may as well have just been a tent.. it was tiny, and about 4ft high.

Best to stick with a big tent really.

And Namlub, there'll be absolutely no problem in your friends getting back to the campsite on Sunday. There are thousands of drunk people walking back to the campsite every night, so they generally don't bother trying to check for your wristbands.

Advertisement