Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

New Arctic Monkeys album sounds pretty good, some tunes there to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

I'm sure it will apply to non-camping tickets also, as long as you are trading UP to tickets of higher value. Best to contact MCD or Oxegen directly just to make sure.

Thanks mate, will send a couple e-mails now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Namlub wrote: »
    In theory, how easy/hard would it be to buy a day ticket and camp? Not for the whole weekend, but a few of my friends are thinking of going on the Sunday and they don't really want to leave again at like 12 that night...

For the Sunday night, you should have absolutely no problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraconn

hey guys

anyone knows where to get cheap or discounted tickets for oxygen? Missed it last year :mad: but defo trying to go this year !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

lauraconn wrote: »
    hey guys

anyone knows where to get cheap or discounted tickets for oxygen? Missed it last year :mad: but defo trying to go this year !
    You cant really.... Best option if you want cheap tickets is to keep an eye out on sites like adverts, buy and sell, done deal etc. closer to the festival date.

You can get day tickets if its of any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraconn

Tinie wrote: »
    You cant really.... Best option if you want cheap tickets is to keep an eye out on sites like adverts, buy and sell, done deal etc. closer to the festival date.

You can get day tickets if its of any help.

Thank you Tinie ! I will watch out then...fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Skig_Sean

Anyone else slightly worried about the lack of acts announced so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭bren2001

Skig_Sean wrote: »
    Anyone else slightly worried about the lack of acts announced so far?

A lot of acts have been announced, I am not expecting too many more that I car about to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

bren2001 wrote: »
    A lot of acts have been announced, I am not expecting too many more that I car about to be announced.

There's hardly any acts officially confirmed.

There's 74, including Pete Doherty (not so sure if he's playing any more).
    That's less than half of all of last year's line up.
    This day last year was the last of the "big" artists announcements, with Biffy Clyro and Plan B.

The fact that there's no indication on their website this year about how many acts are expected to play (that I can see) says something, since last year '150+ Artists Over 3 Days' was on the corner of most promo photos of artists.

So yeah, the lack of announcements is starting to really annoy me rather than worry me.

• Advertisement

We havent gotten an announcement since Beyonce on the 5th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

anyone else think that the website is cat at keeping people up to date? no blogs or vlogs like lasr year, with 2010 info still on the page. THIS BUGS ME!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Decided to check my list of acts that are announced for TITP but not Oxegen to see who have self-confirmed, didn't bother checking the t-break stage since we probably won't get them...even though some of the acts are 100 times better than some of what has been announced.

Grouplove for the 10th (really good 'indie' band).
    Clare Maguire for the 8th (pop...meh).
    Diplo (apparently some DJ or something, not my cup of tea).
    Kids in Glass Houses, KT Tunstell aren't free the 8th - 10th.
    Tame Impala for the 8th (quite good, only got into them really sort of a psychedelic rock feel).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

anyone else think that the website is cat at keeping people up to date? no blogs or vlogs like lasr year, with 2010 info still on the page. THIS BUGS ME!!!!!

The fact they still haven't changed it to 2011 or announced anymore acts just shows how lazy some of the organisers are becoming.

To be totally honest I really don't give a damn whether or not they announce any new acts. I'm happy with the lineup the way it is and more acts would probably mean more clashes, which I don't want either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mut

Have camping ticket but don't have to camp anymore- does anyone know if you can come and go with a camping ticket the same way you can if you have a three day no camping ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Was going to buy a 3 day ticket, but myself and the missus have zero interest in camping.

Option 1 - get/rent a motorhome/caravan which is working out at about €500/€600 for 4 days (wtf?!)

Option 2 - stay in a hotel in Naas/on the Naas road. Do any hotels along the way do a shuttle bus? I would have thought that Citywest Hotel might do but can't see anything advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

mut wrote: »
    Have camping ticket but don't have to camp anymore- does anyone know if you can come and go with a camping ticket the same way you can if you have a three day no camping ticket

Yup your wristband will allow you to come and go as you please
    conundrum wrote:
    Option 2 - stay in a hotel in Naas/on the Naas road. Do any hotels along the way do a shuttle bus? I would have thought that Citywest Hotel might do but can't see anything advertised.

I seriously doubt any hotels on the Naas Road do. I dont think there's enough people that go to music festivals and stay in Hotels 30km away to justify a shuttle bus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Diplo added to oxegen???? :D Please be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone ever stay in the Luxury Camping Area?

Whats the story with it, as the description on the Oxegen site is a bit light?

You buy a normal camping ticket, and then buy another pass for the Luxury End.. but from whom, and for how much?!

connundrum wrote: »
    Anyone ever stay in the Luxury Camping Area?

Whats the story with it, as the description on the Oxegen site is a bit light?

You buy a normal camping ticket, and then buy another pass for the Luxury End.. but from whom, and for how much?!

Yea you need to buy a camping ticket , then you purchase your tent/hut/tipee on the website they give you on the oxegen site . You then pay for it and print off your receipt i think. The when you arrive you get your camping wristband and then you go to the Green Campsite where you get a second wristband which lets you in and you get ur accom.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever sleep in their car in the car park at oxegen? Is it safe to do so or is their security out their? Thinking of doing it as I doubt I will get any sleep in the campsite, and dont want to be wrecked during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Anyone ever sleep in their car in the car park at oxegen? Is it safe to do so or is their security out their? Thinking of doing it as I doubt I will get any sleep in the campsite, and dont want to be wrecked during the day.

I did this at the Electric Picnic. Was fine but the first night we'd two lads beside us blasting Rave Music (Happy Hardcore, Hard House etc) till 8 in the morning and the next night we'd the carpark Rave about 50 meters away from where we parked.

It might be safe enough and there is security but there's as much chance of not getting sleep out there as there is in the campsite. It's all got to do with if you get lucky.

Well I mean in terms that I can put in earplugs or listen to an ipod to drown out the sound, as long as no one starts banging on the windows or anything like that! Its just that a few years ago when I camped, every few minutes someone would step or fall on the tent, and im a light sleeper so it was really annoying!

Did you have any trouble in terms of people interfering with you while you tried to sleep in the car by knocking on the windows or anything? I know EP is safer than oxegen but hopefully there wouldn't be any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rainman99

it was grand for camping last year just very very wet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

what is the weather like there at the moment, there are a few i know gone since yesterday, they did take their wellies and rain gear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

goat2 wrote: »
    what is the weather like there at the moment, there are a few i know gone since yesterday, they did take their wellies and rain gear

They are gone a bit early aren't they? considering it doesn't start till the 8th of July :pac:

They are gone a bit early aren't they? considering it doesn't start till the 8th of July :pac:
    you brought a smile to my face,
    then what concert are they gone to then, it is within the country, all i know is that they are gone to something like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

goat2 wrote: »
    you brought a smile to my face,
    then what concert are they gone to then, it is within the country, all i know is that they are gone to something like it

Slane?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert

frantic190 wrote: »

thank you
    i suppose they will also be going to the one you mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Whats the difference between the red & blue camps? Which one is better?

Advertisement