Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

How would folks feel about Lady Gaga headlining - I think that might be a possibility ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

s8n wrote: »
    How would folks feel about Lady Gaga headlining - I think that might be a possibility ?
    i would vomit all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

FatherLen wrote: »
    i would vomit all over the place.

With the way it's gone the past few years it would not surprise me.

Ok so was kinda bored so I made a mock-up poster for what I think would make a great line up for Oxegen 2011. Some of the acts on it are far more likely than others, but let me know what you think anyway.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy259/irish_stevo/Oxegne2011.jpg?t=1290991121

If daft punk alone were there I would definitely go. Hopefully with the release of Tron they will have a few tour dates.
    Missed them last time they were at Oxegen, went to Razorlight instead /facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'd be delighted. She's amazing live. Great voice, stage presence. She really knows how to put a good show on and give value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

She could headline 2nd stage opposed to someone like the Foo's. Would be a great act to have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

From TITP FB
    The Headliners will be announced tomorrow on www.tinthepark.com

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

was just gonna post the t in the park thingy as well. i d say we ll get about 80% of the acts they get. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

From TITP FB
    Nice One Man..Fingers crossed for the Foos, Blink and The Chilis...
    \m/ BRING BACK THE RAWWWWWWKKKK \m/ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

System of a Down. LOL highly doubtful!

I can see Blink playing but wouldn't want to see Foos playing. I love them but I'd rather see them on their own..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i know oxegen is meant to be a rock kinda concert but my own preference would be eminem first by miles obviously but other than him, bloc party (i know theyre no more ) artic monkeys, b.o.b , chillies, justin timberlake ( no hope obv ) professor green , pendulum.

ive mixed tastes :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Foo Fighters confirmed for T!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Darkwhite wrote: »
    Foo Fighters confirmed for T!!

Probably not too far off the mark, but source????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Nice One Man..Fingers crossed for the Foos, Blink and The Chilis...
    \m/ BRING BACK THE RAWWWWWWKKKK \m/ :p

I'm hearing the Chili's are playing V Festival as a UK exclusive...can't see them doing Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Probably not too far off the mark, but source????

sky text

Yep, looks like Foo's for T...They'll do Oxegen as well and that'll be that one out of the way, I think we all expected them. Good solid rock headliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 manbearpig77

still no word on earlybird tickets? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OXEGEN PULL THE FINGER OUT!

Metallica for T in the Park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

HOLY F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously loaded lineup. between this and the lack of an announcement i don't know if there'll be an oxegen next year. I think there will still be a large festival on the weekend of t, but i'm not sure it'll be the same name/location/setup as oxegen. Sonisphere ireland maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Have the organisers of oxegen finally come to the conclusion that indie music is indeed crap :eek:

As i think was mentioned before, Sonisphere is also the weekend of Oxegen. I think Metallica have a contract with Sonisphere and they cant play in the same country as a Sonisphere festival. So they wont be playing TITP if word on the street is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Erm definitely not going to Oxegen if Metallica are playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pauleta wrote: »
    Have to organisers of oxegen finally come to the conclusion that indie music is indeed crap :eek:

As i think was mentioned before, Sonisphere is also the weekend of Oxegen. I think Metallica have a contract with Sonisphere and they cant play in the same country as a Sonisphere festival. So they wont be playing TITP if word on the street is correct.

But t in the park and sonisphere are in different countries technically. The only reason i can't see this working is i don't know if james's voice can go 3 nights in a row. Ah well at least i have options if they decide on a different lineup for oxegen.

Yea what about Sonisphere in the RDS? Technically you have 3 stages Main Arena , Simmonscourt and Main Hall.

There would be no camping .

The fact that Oxegen have made no announcement similar to TITP looks like that there might be one next year but they would be stupid not to have a festival of any kind. They could do a Bud Rising kinda thing either just a weekend of gigs with a big support bill .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

nommm wrote: »
    I'd be delighted. She's amazing live. Great voice, stage presence. She really knows how to put a good show on and give value for money.

You clearly were not at her Oxegen performance. I'm not a huge fan but went expecting a good performance and left 10mins in because it was so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

There clearly will be an Oxegen 2011 as the oxegen site mentions tickets will be on sale soon!

http://www.oxegen.ie/tickets/

Foo Fighters image on TITP site along with The Pretender clip

HOLY FOOOK..i nearly dropped Dead when i saw this..Pleeasse Pleeasse be True//Even a little Bit:D

Didnt Jason leave Metallica couple years back..LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

You clearly were not at her Oxegen performance. I'm not a huge fan but went expecting a good performance and left 10mins in because it was so awful.

She has improved a lot as a live performer over the last 2 years.;)

nommm wrote: »
    She has improved a lot as a live performer over the last 2 years.;)
    This time she will be be second headliner on Main with an " I LOVE when Dave Grohl is on Top of Me" T-Shirt..she knows where its at hahaha:pac:

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Erm definitely not going to Oxegen if Metallica are playing....

Your loss. I'll definitely be going if they are.

Advertisement