Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FTS wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the red & blue camps? Which one is better?

Everyone says Red is better then Blue and vice versa. Blue is closer when u are coming in. Either campsite you will enjoy yourself imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Everyone says Red is better then Blue and vice versa. Blue is closer when u are coming in. Either campsite you will enjoy yourself imo

Exactly. They are more or less the same but one is closer...but you'll have people who have camped in Blue every year who say its DEFINITELY better, and same goes for Red. My arse, they're both just fields. I've been in Red 4 years, and Blue the other 3, exactly the same.

Plus which ticket you buy doesnt matter, you can camp in either.

There is always something different at Oxegen each year, and Red Bull do always have some form of unique presence and for 2011 they are bringing their latest vision. The Red Bull Electric Balloom.

This project will transform the event centre structure into an art-deco style balloom inside and out. The dressing and theming of the entire venue will recreate an electric ballroom experience including grand entrance, chandeliers, hanging prints, giant portraints giving a 1930s ballroom feel.

No ballroom is complete without a decadent selection of drinks and the Red Bull Cocktail Bar will be mixing the finest of cocktails to get the ballroom swinging.

Don a red Fedora, Trilby or Boa on Fancy Dress Friday to get into the true spirit of the Electric Ballroom. Surprises and prize giveaways will be announced over the coming weeks but dust off your tux and get your debs dress out of the wardrobe in the meantime!

The music is decent too with Germanys top DJ Sven Vath headlining the Friday Night, The Bloody Beetroots on Saturday and Afrojack on Sunday, you can also catch the likes of **** Robot, Bitches with Wolves, Diplo, Fake Blood, Fenech Soler and DJ Church and Gordo (Rugby hero Cian Healy). Here is the current lineup with more to be announced.

The Red Bull Electric Ballroom Line-up

Friday:
    Sven Väth
    Tiga
    The **** Robot Show (live)
    Maverick Sabre (live)
    Justin Robinson
    Vogue
    Bitches With Wolves

Saturday:
    The Bloody Beetroots (live)
    Diplo
    Steve Aoki
    Retro/Grade
    Philth
    Freaks On Friday
    Church & Gordo

Sunday:
    Afrojack
    Crookers
    Fake Blood (live)
    Alex Metric
    Fenech Soler (live)
    TEED
    Al Gibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

does the dance arena have a new name this year or something? if so, surprised SHM arent headlining on friday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Will Odd Future get away with this at Oxegen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Will Odd Future get away with this at Oxegen?

]

There'll be less people at them at oxegen than ended up on stage with them at Primavera...

Thinking of going just to see them and myabe catch Beyonce too

does the dance arena have a new name this year or something? if so, surprised SHM arent headlining on friday..

I think it could be a bigger version of the Red Bull Academy Stage , since i think somewhere Leftfield said they are headlining the dance arena. I could see SHM headlining Green Spheres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

If i buy a ticket for red camp, but then want to park in blue camp, can I buy a separate parking ticket for blue camp even though my festival ticket is a 4 day Red camping ticket? If so, where can I buy these parking tickets?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Can we not let this turn into a please vote for me thread? It's meant to be about Oxegen not Tshirts, even if they are oxegen tshirts!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No more t-shirt pimpage, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Hope this is OK with the mods (let me know if not):

I'm a freelance journalist writing a light-hearted consumer article for a national newspaper about how to save money (or not spend over the odds) while at any one of the many major outdoor music festivals taking place around the country this year.

Is there anyone here who would be interested in featuring as a small 'case study' panel about any number of ways they managed to save loads of money at last year's or previous years' festivals, including Oxygen, Electric Picnic etc? Examples could include things like taking public transport (or cycling!), bring your own food and drink, anything to do with camping etc. Obviously, the more unusual the better, but interested in all tips. Maybe one of you volunteered at your event for 24 hours in return for a free entry.

If you would be willing to pose for a pic that would be great too.

If you're up for it, email me at john@johncradden.ie and I'll elaborate further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tumunaero

There is always something different at Oxegen each year, and Red Bull do always have some form of unique presence and for 2011 they are bringing their latest vision. The Red Bull Electric Balloom.

This project will transform the event centre structure into an art-deco style balloom inside and out. The dressing and theming of the entire venue will recreate an electric ballroom experience including grand entrance, chandeliers, hanging prints, giant portraints giving a 1930s ballroom feel.

No ballroom is complete without a decadent selection of drinks and the Red Bull Cocktail Bar will be mixing the finest of cocktails to get the ballroom swinging.

Don a red Fedora, Trilby or Boa on Fancy Dress Friday to get into the true spirit of the Electric Ballroom. Surprises and prize giveaways will be announced over the coming weeks but dust off your tux and get your debs dress out of the wardrobe in the meantime!

The music is decent too with Germanys top DJ Sven Vath headlining the Friday Night, The Bloody Beetroots on Saturday and Afrojack on Sunday, you can also catch the likes of **** Robot, Bitches with Wolves, Diplo, Fake Blood, Fenech Soler and DJ Church and Gordo (Rugby hero Cian Healy). Here is the current lineup with more to be announced.

Friday:
    Sven Väth
    Tiga
    Maverick Sabre (live)
    Justin Robinson
    Vogue
    Bitches With Wolves

Saturday:
    Diplo
    Steve Aoki
    Retro/Grade
    Philth
    Freaks On Friday
    Church & Gordo

Sunday:
    Afrojack
    Crookers
    Fake Blood (live)
    Alex Metric
    Fenech Soler (live)
    TEED
    Al Gibbs

What does it mean when some of them say '(live)' and others don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Digitalism wrote: »
    If i buy a ticket for red camp, but then want to park in blue camp, can I buy a separate parking ticket for blue camp even though my festival ticket is a 4 day Red camping ticket? If so, where can I buy these parking tickets?

here

Click Oxegen - Car Park then you can choose red or blue
    Tumanaero wrote:
    What does it mean when some of them say '(live)' and others don't?

It means the others just hit play on the cd player and flash some lights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

maximoose wrote: »

It means the others just hit play on the cd player and flash some lights.
    No, it means the acts with "live" beside them will be playing real instruments like drums, guitars etc.

The other acts without "live" beside them are doing your standard DJ show with decks, but its not as simple as hitting play and flashing some lights... go see steve aoki to see what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Will Brandon Flowers, Beady Eye and Bruno Mars definitely all be on at the same time on saturday.
    On the poster they are 2nd, 4th and 6th from the top. I'm guessing that means one will sub-headline the mainstage, one will sub-headline vodaphone and the third will sub-headline Heinekin.
    I would love to see them at different times though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

karaokeman wrote: »
    Will Brandon Flowers, Beady Eye and Bruno Mars definitely all be on at the same time on saturday.
    On the poster they are 2nd, 4th and 6th from the top. I'm guessing that means one will sub-headline the mainstage, one will sub-headline vodaphone and the third will sub-headline Heinekin.
    From my experience with oxegen, no times or clashes are 100% certain until the time table is released in a few weeks. Just wait until then, im hoping Afrojack and Pendulum aren't clashing!

karaokeman wrote: »

No they wont all be playing the same time . Its rumoured that Beady Eye will headline the Green Spheres , i could see Brandon Flowers either headline new bands stage or high up on Green Spheres and id say Bruno will be midday on Main

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

No they wont all be playing the same time . Its rumoured that Beady Eye will headline the Green Spheres , i could see Brandon Flowers either headline new bands stage or high up on Green Spheres and id say Bruno will be midday on Main

I somehow doubt Brandon Flowers will be on the new band stage. Especially not after The Killers being headliners on main stage twice. The order on that poster doesn't mean much. So Flowers will most likely be close to top on Vodafone stage. I can see Bruno Mars playing the Main stage either saturday or sunday afternoon, sometime between 4-7. Beady Eye would be perfect for headlining Green Spheres.

I somehow doubt Brandon Flowers will be on the new band stage. Especially not after The Killers being headliners on main stage twice. The order on that poster doesn't mean much. So Flowers will most likely be close to top on Vodafone stage. I can see Bruno Mars playing the Main stage either saturday or sunday afternoon, sometime between 4-7. Beady Eye would be perfect for headlining Green Spheres.

Julian Casablancas from the Strokes headlined the new bands stage last year and since its now called the Hot Press Academy Stage its kinda took over what the Pet Sounds Stage used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mod edit: No more t-shirt competition posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

so how many acts could you see in a day? trying to make a rough plan out for my self. very newbie question i know but feck it :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    so how many acts could you see in a day? trying to make a rough plan out for my self. very newbie question i know but feck it :pac:

I managed 18 last year over the three days. Only missed one band that I wanted to see (We Are Scientists but got to meet 30 Seconds to Mars instead. So Worth it!). I literally was in the arenas from opening ttil closing time every day!

However most aren't as dedicated as I was (AND I don't mean that in a full of myself way!)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

not trying to give you a smart answer or anything but will depend on what time you plan on heading to the stages each day, and the timetable, and the bands/artists you want to see and whether you'll want to wait for the full set or not.

Had a quick look there at last years timetable and on sunday only saw 4 or 5 artists but friday and saturday about 8 or so (each day) but that involved not seeing the complete sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Generally I made a trip up to the arena in the afternoon, back to the camp for a bit and then up to the arena for the headliners each day. I ended up seeing about 14 acts over the 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

AdMMM wrote: »
    Mod edit: No more t-shirt competition posts
    Ack, sorry. Didn't even see the previous deleted posts :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 calviesmalvie

Somebody might be able to tell me is it possible to bring our own tent etc and camp in the green campsite for an extra costing?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Friday:
    Sven Väth
    Tiga
    Maverick Sabre (live)
    Justin Robinson
    Vogue
    Bitches With Wolves

Saturday:
    Diplo
    Steve Aoki
    Retro/Grade
    Philth
    Freaks On Friday
    Church & Gordo

Sunday:
    Afrojack
    Crookers
    Fake Blood (live)
    Alex Metric
    Fenech Soler (live)
    TEED
    Al Gibbs

You'd think Aoki, Afrojack, Diplo, Beetroots, Fake Blood and Crookers will be playing in the dance arena? Unless that redbull thing is in the dance arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

With the lack of announcements going on I hope they just go ahead and let Foo Fighters play for 2 to 3 hours...

audreykerr wrote: »
    With the lack of announcements going on I hope they just go ahead and let Foo Fighters play for 2 to 3 hours...

God i hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

God i hope so

God I hope not :P

Advertisement