Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Salsa

Heya,
    This is probably such a newbie question, but is there a way of getting hot water there to make pot noodles and stuff? I'm goin for the first time this year and I'm really excited but I'm wonderin what to bring.
    Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Salsa wrote: »
    Heya,
    This is probably such a newbie question, but is there a way of getting hot water there to make pot noodles and stuff? I'm goin for the first time this year and I'm really excited but I'm wonderin what to bring.
    Thanks ;)

The on site centras had hot water thingys and microwaves last year but i think you had to buy them in there. the welfare tent was giving out cups of tea as well so they have facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

What day is odd future playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Evaline have self-confirmed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

audreykerr wrote: »
    Evaline have self-confirmed here.

Nah, they've self confirmed for Oxygen, not Oxegen.

Btw, who the fúck are Evaline?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

What day is odd future playing?

Sunday mate their down as OFWGKTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Walsh wrote: »
    Sunday mate their down as OFWGKTA

Any chance of ORBs playing, no?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any chance of Brand New playing? I doubt it but still, would be nice to see them added.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Is it me or is the line up fecking ****e compared to recent years. I remember looking at last years and seeing 2 or 3 dozen I'd love to see easily, especially headliners and smaller names.

This year about a handful at best. Oh well its not all about the music I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

DB10 wrote: »
    Is it me or is the line up fecking ****e compared to recent years. I remember looking at last years and seeing 2 or 3 dozen I'd love to see easily, especially headliners and smaller names.

This year about a handful at best. Oh well its not all about the music I suppose.

I think it's a great line up. I'm only interested in actually seeing Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes, but I think a few of the others are really good too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

DB10 wrote: »

It's personal opinion tbh.
    For me it's not as good as last years but way better than the year before and other years! I'm quite happy with it!

And it certainly should be about the music. why else spend the 250?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

It seemed value for money when I got my ticket, then Blink dropped out and it now seems not worth it so much =/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I def think its worth the money , we have 2 glasto headliners , 2 reading/leeds headliners , V Headliner and IOW headliner all in one festival.
    IMO the strongest line up in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Site Map just put up - OX-MAP1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Where's the new bands stage,the pet sounds stage and dance arena?

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Where's the new bands stage,the pet sounds stage and dance arena?

New bands stage is the Hot Press Academy Stage . Pet Sounds has been gone since 2009 and the dance arena is the Red Bull Electric Ballroom

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

anyone got a clue when they release the timetable? the 2010 timetable is all they have on their website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

cblack18 wrote: »
    anyone got a clue when they release the timetable? the 2010 timetable is all they have on their website
    Id say the timetable will be out in 2 or 3 weeks!

Id say the timetable will be out in 2 or 3 weeks!

Since the festival is just under 4 weeks to go and we only no about half the line up

I presume tickets are no where near sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

baz2009 wrote: »
    I presume tickets are no where near sold out?

Nope. There's loads left - the usually always is.

When was the last year it sold out? I havn't a clue? I know it sold out in 05, but other than that I think it was always very close to, but never fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

So uh, when are they announcing more bands? Feels like there's alot less than last year. :/

Also, Dominos is at Oxegen?!? Amazing. Do they jump up the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Do the 4 day Camping tickets ever sell out?

Tenks wrote: »
    Also, Dominos is at Oxegen?!? Amazing. Do they jump up the prices?

Hugely I've heard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

€20 for a medium pizza! BARGAIN!

Id rather just go to naas in the morning and get a big feed to do me for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I'm going to buy a 4 day camping ticket really soon.

Is there any rush for me to purchase it incase it sells out? Even another week? Just going to buy them on ticketmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

O'Doodle wrote: »

Is there any rush for me to purchase it incase it sells out? Even another week? Just going to buy them on ticketmaster!

You could take your time and buy it whenever.

I agree with the last few posters. At this rate the festival will never sell out.

But just the thought that half the acts still need to be announced puzzles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Fox Avenue have been announced via Dara's facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

O'Doodle wrote: »

You might be able to buy a cheaper one from me in a few weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Got 4 day ticket yesterday for 200 quid, bought off someone who didn't want it

Advertisement