Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Mr.S wrote: »
    But you won't be selling it on this thread ;)
    I wouldn't dream of it
    /runs away

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Where are you getting these tickets? i need 2, four day camping tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Arctic Monkeys played kind of half and half with new and old songs at a gig in England tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2011/don-valley-bowl-sheffield-england-23d32417.html

That's the setlist. If they play anything along those lines at Oxegen it'll be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

SantryRed wrote: »
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2011/don-valley-bowl-sheffield-england-23d32417.html

That's the setlist. If they play anything along those lines at Oxegen it'll be amazing.

There's not a hope. This was a hometown stadium show, a big night for the band. We won't get songs like A Certain Romance or Mardy Bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

There's not a hope. This was a hometown stadium show, a big night for the band. We won't get songs like A Certain Romance or Mardy Bum.

Even without those two songs though it looks brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraconn

God I need to go to a festival. whens the next one lads near Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

Lads just wondering has anyone actually gotten their tickets in the post? Are they out yet like? I bought a 3 day camping in the early bird but I've ended up having to sell it, but I don't actually have the ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Lads just wondering has anyone actually gotten their tickets in the post? Are they out yet like? I bought a 3 day camping in the early bird but I've ended up having to sell it, but I don't actually have the ticket!

Not for a couple of weeks yet i'd say. It's to stop people from touting them. they don't have to send them out until like 72 hours before the gig. But it's usually a couple of weeks for music festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I was wondering about that too, I bought an early bird one aswell, and it hasn't arrived yet either. They must wait until closer to the time, but it's pretty close at the moment! I'd say they'll arrive soon.

• Advertisement

Even without those two songs though it looks brilliant.

Yeah it looks a good set alright, I imagine we'd only get about 16 songs however the Monkeys tend to fly through their tunes so maybe we'll get a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Sky channel 243 will be showing some of the Foo Fighters set live from the Isle of Wight festival tonight between 10-12pm. Might give us an indication of what we can expect at Oxegen....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GFFABM

I bought a 3 day red campsite and red car park ticket. I then decided to stay in the green campsite. How much of a walk is it from the red car park to the green campsite?

Cheers!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Sky channel 243 will be showing some of the Foo Fighters set live from the Isle of Wight festival tonight between 10-12pm. Might give us an indication of what we can expect at Oxegen....

This is the setlist from the Isle of Wight Festival, they showed Walk, Best of you and Monkey Wrench last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Hey, ive got a provisional licence on my car at the moment, and have the test in a few weeks. So im wondering, just say I dont pass it, is it still possible to get to oxegen from waterford without going on the motorway? Does there be lots of gardai on the motorway even on the thursday going up if I could chance it going up? Or do I have to go through Naas, and if so, would that take a while to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hey, ive got a provisional licence on my car at the moment, and have the test in a few weeks. So im wondering, just say I dont pass it, is it still possible to get to oxegen from waterford without going on the motorway? Does there be lots of gardai on the motorway even on the thursday going up if I could chance it going up? Or do I have to go through Naas, and if so, would that take a while to go through?

Well you could always go from Waterford onto New Ross and then on Enniscorthy, then take the N80 and join the N81 onto Tullow and up to Blessington (few miles from Nass). You should be able to approach Punchestown from this angle without having to go through the centre of Nass. It will be an extra hour onto your journey though. You won't see any Garda checkpoint on the actual motorway itself I'd imagine if you decide to take that option (never seen a checkpoint in the middle of a motorway, it's simply to dangerous to suddendly stop cars at that speed), probably meet them once you take the exit which won't be a problem for you even with a provisional licence. But for peace of mind, you could easily go the other way. Leave in plenty time and you'll have no problems..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Hope the weathers good this year.

People that ahve gone before, what are prices usually like for food, over priced like all events obviously? Just asking as i'll be eating this junk for 4 days. :pac: Also, are the stages far from the campsites etc. don't wanna miss many acts. any tips on keeping tents safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

oddo wrote: »

People that ahve gone before, what are prices usually like for food, over priced like all events obviously? Just asking as i'll be eating this junk for 4 days. :pac: Also, are the stages far from the campsites etc. don't wanna miss many acts. any tips on keeping tents safe?

Ya, everything's overpriced. From the burger bars to the Centra shops. Couldn't get over how Centra were charging 2e for a Pot Noodle that is normally about 80c in a regular store.

Worst culprits are Dominos though..€20 for a medium margherita pizza ffs. (didnt stop me buying around 7 though, damn you stupid beer munchies)

Yeah you'd wanna make sure you plan your spending a bit. I had one packet of crisps on Sunday coz me money was all gone. Domino's really was an awful rip off, I was camped right next to it, was quite annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The site map is up on the website. The red camp is closer to the arena. If you were camped at the edge of the red camp nearest the arena entrance its about a 5-10 minute walk along the path into where all the stages are.

Don't camp near the shops and benches, people are always wandering around there so no matter how wet it is it gets really mucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

So, me and my friends are Oxegen newbies, and we're wondering about the whole alcohol side of things..

I know putting beer from glass bottles into plastic bottles would probably wreck it, so like what's recommended to be brought? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

anyone know if we would get away with camping in this http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1784262 , i know no marquees are allowed, but this has 4 sides and is not what i would consider a marquee

what yous think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

anyone know if we would get away with camping in this http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1784262 , i know no marquees are allowed, but this has 4 sides and is not what i would consider a marquee

what yous think?

See plenty of them up every year tbh. Dont think you'd have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The Blackout just confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Blackout just confirmed

They supported MCR in the O2, am I right?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

karaokeman wrote: »
    They supported MCR in the O2, am I right?

That's the guys!
    The second support! Can't remember what the first guys were called

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That's the guys!
    The second support! Can't remember what the first guys were called
    Neon Trees

I seen the Blackout twice, both on a support basis. Never liked their CD's but they put on a decent live show!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Neon Trees

I seen the Blackout twice, both on a support basis. Never liked their CD's but they put on a decent live show!

It was definitely not Neon Trees! I know them well!

However them playing would be amazing! I've loved em since my American friend got me to listen to them when they were first out over there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I think it was Lost Alone that were on before the Blackout.

Advertisement