Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think it was Lost Alone that were on before the Blackout.

Yup taht was it then! Had the name in my head but thought that I was mixing them up with someone else

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i like a few Blackout songs so if they dont clash with anyone ill check them out

Mr.S wrote: »
    Blackout are a great live band, perfect for festivals too, really get the crowd going. Hope they aren't on the main or second stage though.

Id say they will be on Vodafone prob 2 or 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

So I was just creeping on the Oxegen site and came across this in the "Camping tips" section..
    You cannot take your own alcohol inside the concert venue either, no matter what the container.

When did this rule appear:( Alcohol in plastic containers was always allowed into the arena:confused:

Except last year on the Saturday a few of my friends got theirs confiscated randomly.. but I got in fine.

But this is most displeasing:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That was always the way AFAIK..

How many stages actually are there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

baz2009 wrote: »
    That was always the way AFAIK..

How many stages actually are there?

Judging from the site map we've got:

- Main Stage
    - Vodafone Stage
    - Green Spheres
    - Dance Arena (Redbull electric ballroom)
    - The new bands tent (2FM)

- Nokia stage (?)
    - Tribute Stage

So I was just creeping on the Oxegen site and came across this in the "Camping tips" section..

When did this rule appear:( Alcohol in plastic containers was always allowed into the arena:confused:

Except last year on the Saturday a few of my friends got theirs confiscated randomly.. but I got in fine.

But this is most displeasing:mad:

You were never allowed to bring in drink to the arena , you can sneak it in;)

Judging from the site map we've got:

- Main Stage
    - Vodafone Stage
    - Green Spheres
    - Dance Arena (Redbull electric ballroom)
    - The new bands tent (2FM)

- Nokia stage (?)
    - Tribute Stage

Are the Nokia and Tribute stages in the Blue Camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

You were never allowed to bring in drink to the arena , you can sneak it in;)

I have always just walked in with it, in an uncapped plastic container? Never had anything said to me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

I have always just walked in with it, in an uncapped plastic container? Never had anything said to me:eek:

Can't bring alcohol in with you. They smell it sometimes.

I always have a travel 100ml bottle stored somewhere on me (usually 3 or 4). If they feel them they just think it something else if its in my pocket :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Don't know of any concerts that you're allowed bring booze into. Carry in alcohol has never been allowed in the arena in Oxegen or Electric Picnic. You have to buy it at the bars when you're there.

They usually have skips inside the arena gates for dumping all the confiscated contraband.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Naomi_x

Sorry if a thread like this was made already but I want to know what is the best way to get to Oxegen?
    Does anyone know if there is a bus there and back from Mayo on the Saturday?
    Thanks

Use this thread to ask about transport etc from other places too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Heineken pay good money for the rule on bringing drink into the arena, they want you to buy their beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Saw that there is a phone charging area beside the Vodafone Stage, just wondering does that mean only Vodafone members can charge their phones or is it open to all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Rebekahx wrote: »
    Saw that there is a phone charging area beside the Vodafone Stage, just wondering does that mean only Vodafone members can charge their phones or is it open to all?

Last time I was there (2009) it was either 10€ or 15€ to charge a phone. Rip-off central.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rebekahx wrote: »

Open to all, but as said above its a rip off. €10 for an hours charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

baz2009 wrote: »
    Are the Nokia and Tribute stages in the Blue Camp?

Nokia Stage at the end of the Blue camp before the funfair and then the walkway to the Red Camp.

From the Red Camp to it on average it's around 10 minutes.
    It is unreal fun after 1am..crazy scenes!!

Tribute Stage is half way between both camps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Naomi_x wrote: »
    Sorry if a thread like this was made already but I want to know what is the best way to get to Oxegen?
    Does anyone know if there is a bus there and back from Mayo on the Saturday?
    Thanks

Use this thread to ask about transport etc from other places too :)

Well if there's no direct bus....Get to dublin somehow in the morning...after the gig either go back to dublin and a: stay there b: get one of those buses that go to galway and get something to pick you up there (if possible...not the best option i know! :pac:)

I think I saw a "Signing tent" or something similar on the map. I presume that's where some bands take photos and sign stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Going to oxegen on the sunday night, the main act the missus wants to see is beyonce and the main act I want to see is the national, what are the likely hood that both will play on different stages at the same time? I presumed they would headline another stage if they weren't on before beyonce...anybody harzard a guess at this?

When will they announce the schedule for the festival?

• Advertisement

Yep its the Hot Press signing tent.

Cheers.

Anyone know when it's announced what bands will be at it?

If i remember correctly, its only announced when the festival starts and im pretty sure it was on the morning of each day.

There's normally a list out just beforehand! At least of who will probably be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

LowOdour wrote: »
    Going to oxegen on the sunday night, the main act the missus wants to see is beyonce and the main act I want to see is the national, what are the likely hood that both will play on different stages at the same time? I presumed they would headline another stage if they weren't on before beyonce...anybody harzard a guess at this?

When will they announce the schedule for the festival?

Im in a similar position dude. Not sure or certain but my guess is that coldplay will headline the main stage and Beyonce will be second on the bill. I think The National will headline the other stage. Think thats the vodafone one? You should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they're really leaving it late to announce the rest of the acts, there isn't even enough announced yet to fill 3 stages each day....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Quick question guys, how long does it take for the tickets to be delivered by post? Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Quick question guys, how long does it take for the tickets to be delivered by post? Cheers!
    Well, if you mean from time delivered, then a day or 2, but depends on when theyre sent out. Id say they will be sent out in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Digitalism wrote: »
    Well, if you mean from time delivered, then a day or 2, but depends on when theyre sent out. Id say they will be sent out in the next week.

Ah right, i had assumed they had already been sent out! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

When is the last installment due does anyone know?

Ah right, i had assumed they had already been sent out! Thanks!

They have been, they just didn't want you going so aren't sending your tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

3 weeks now till Oxegen starts and we still haven't got all the acts announced.........Is this normal??

I cant remember the last few years if it was the same or not??

Advertisement