Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kettle316 wrote: »
    3 weeks now till Oxegen starts and we still haven't got all the acts announced.........Is this normal??

I cant remember the last few years if it was the same or not??

Nope usually we have just about the final line up bar a few acts getting announced and the stage splits are up around now or just after

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

If i have a red ticket and wish to enter the blue camp, do i have to enter via the red camp entrance? :confused: I don't wanna be standing in a queue for hours on my own when all my mates are in the blue camp quque, plus i'd then have to go in on my own and basically be lost til i find em'? Whats the story, could i enter the blue camp entrance with a red ticket?

help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

oddo wrote: »
    If i have a red ticket and wish to enter the blue camp, do i have to enter via the red camp entrance? :confused: I don't wanna be standing in a queue for hours on my own when all my mates are in the blue camp quque, plus i'd then have to go in on my own and basically be lost til i find em'? Whats the story, could i enter the blue camp entrance with a red ticket?

help!

The colour on your ticket has nothing to do with what campsite you stay in. If you have a Red Ticket, it means you have to take the Red Route into Punchestown and park in the corresponding car park. But you can camp anywhere you like after that!!

Yeah, thanks mate but the question is do i have to take the red camp route in to get in yes? Any chance i could enter the blue camp entrance with a red camp ticket because thats the way all my mates will be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

oddo wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks mate but the question is do i have to take the red camp route in to get in yes? Any chance i could enter the blue camp entrance with a red camp ticket because thats the way all my mates will be going!

I've done the same thing a few times, don't think you'll have any bother.

• Advertisement

So those letting people in on blue camp entrance won't send ye over to the red camp entrance because of having red camp ticket? Thanks for help lads.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The red/blue campsite tickets are just for the parking really. You can freely walk between Red and Blue and camp anywhere you want in either, regardless of the colour ticket :)
    Thanks mate it's just about if i could enter the blue camp entrance with a red ticket. Because i wouldnt wanna be queung in the red entrance with myself as al my mates are going blue camp entrance etc. ;)

Great news thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've bought a pair of day tickets for the Saturday. My plan was to drive down on Saturday morning in our campervan and park up in the car-park. Go to the gig on Saturday and sleep in the van on Saturday night and then drive back up on Sunday. Does anyone know if it would be OK to do this? Are campers allowed into the car-parks? I read somewhere that this wasn't allowed...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Are the queues to go in long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Joseph...

Cant wait to see coldplay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've bought a pair of day tickets for the Saturday. My plan was to drive down on Saturday morning in our campervan and park up in the car-park. Go to the gig on Saturday and sleep in the van on Saturday night and then drive back up on Sunday. Does anyone know if it would be OK to do this? Are campers allowed into the car-parks? I read somewhere that this wasn't allowed...

The car parks on site are usually full on the friday, and most cars are then turned away to the park and ride in goffs, but someone else might have more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I noticed for some tickets people have for sale, the writing on some of them is different.. is this something to take caution about? ie: could they be fake? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Quick question guys, how long does it take for the tickets to be delivered by post? Cheers!

Mine just arrived in the post this morning! And I bought it in December.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I noticed for some tickets people have for sale, the writing on some of them is different.. is this something to take caution about? ie: could they be fake? :confused:

Well if i was you id stay clear of them just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

They had most of the acts announced this time last year didnt they? id love if the wombats got announced :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Well if i was you id stay clear of them just incase

Ah no I got one off a lady from Dublin on ebay and compared it with my friend's, almost identical except the numbers are different obviously! :D

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ah no I got one off a lady from Dublin on ebay and compared it with my friend's, almost identical except the numbers are different obviously! :D

Ah right . Ive never bought any tickets off the internet bar ticketmaster. But if i did id nearly go into a ticketmaster outlet id make them check it.

Im still hoping to win tickets ive entered numerous ticket comps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Im still hoping to win tickets ive entered numerous ticket comps

There's one on the Penneys Facebook at the moment if you want another one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Well I didn't win the competition being run by the OXEGEN facebook page. What an absolute swizz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

when will the weather report be out ?

tomissex wrote: »
    There's one on the Penneys Facebook at the moment if you want another one :p

Just seen that but you need to pick out a oxegen outfit which means ive no idea where to start ha. Since if i had to choose , Wellies/Boats + old tracksuit bottoms + socks + T-shirt + Jumper wouldnt be very "Festival look" now would it :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ricero wrote: »
    when will the weather report be out ?

You won't get an accurate one 'til the night before I'd say, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

was thinking of geetin bus eireann down to naas.
    What is the story with the shuttle buses from naas to oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

baz2009 wrote: »
    You won't get an accurate one 'til the night before I'd say, tbh.

You won't get accurate forecasts until you are there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

They had most of the acts announced this time last year didnt they? id love if the wombats got announced :rolleyes:

Wombats would be gift. Saw them in the Academy, excellent. Looking forward to them at V this year. Surprised they have not been announced along with the View.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Any ideas who'll be at the signing tent?

Jenny Lewis would cause me to fall to my knees and weep tbh.

Wont be announced till about a week before the festival

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

aranciata wrote: »
    Any ideas who'll be at the signing tent?

Jenny Lewis would cause me to fall to my knees and weep tbh.

She was terrible when i saw her last at oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

lordgoat wrote: »
    She was terrible when i saw her last at oxegen.

In 2006 with the Watson Twins? That album might not lend itself well to Oxegen but Jenny Lewis is, no doubt, an extraordinary woman! Fantastic back in 2008 at the Button Factory, and the sound of her newest album will lend itself really well this year if the crowd are into it and there's sun. So excited for her!

Advertisement