Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If the weather's like it has been these past few days, I genuinely don't think I'll be able to stick it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Namlub wrote: »
    If the weather's like it has been these past few days, I genuinely don't think I'll be able to stick it out...

:eek: It's been lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

ZOMFG!! No tickets left on Ticketmaster.ie??? What's happened, has it sold out? I really wanted to go and don't fancy buying tickets of a stranger incase they are fake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hopefully the mods won't mind a plug since all the money goes to charity but Scouting Ireland will be at Oxegen again this year pitching tents so if you can't work your tent come find us. We'll be in both campsites, somewhere beside all the retail places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

O'Doodle wrote: »
    ZOMFG!! No tickets left on Ticketmaster.ie??? What's happened, has it sold out? I really wanted to go and don't fancy buying tickets of a stranger incase they are fake :(

I'm still seeing tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

aranciata wrote: »
    In 2006 with the Watson Twins? That album might not lend itself well to Oxegen but Jenny Lewis is, no doubt, an extraordinary woman! Fantastic back in 2008 at the Button Factory, and the sound of her newest album will lend itself really well this year if the crowd are into it and there's sun. So excited for her!

Ya then, just thought she looked bored and the whole thing dragged, she was better there in 2005. At the time i thought she was fab but afterwards with a bit of hindsight maybe not as great as i first thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know how to get free tickets? Or really cheap tickets??

Two very broke girls really wanna go. Im half thinking of just showing up and hopin to get a really cheap ticket at the gate.

Any advice people? I am desperate to get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Don't know if this has been asked but my friend bought an Oxegen ticket last week and it looks like he won't be going now. I'm thinking of buying his ticket to save about 20 euro. Thing is his name is on it,would I have any problems getting in with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't know if this has been asked but my friend bought an Oxegen ticket last week and it looks like he won't be going now. I'm thinking of buying his ticket to save about 20 euro. Thing is his name is on it,would I have any problems getting in with it?

My ticket was in my brothers name last time i went (2 years ago) and it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Do they put names on every ticket? Even ones bought with cash?

Also, since everyone says to bring canned food, I was wondering how you open them? :confused: I don't think you're allowed bring a can opener since it's classed as a sharp object?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Does anybody know anything about getting work up at it? Mad to go but simply can't afford it!!
    Btw, donedeal has the tickets 50 euro cheaper if it's any help?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about getting work up at it? Mad to go but simply can't afford it!!

You are prob to late at this stage unless you contact any of the venders eg Abra etc who will be at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've never been to Oxegen but got myself a ticket for Sunday to see Cold play. What is the situation with traffic & parking? I'll be travelling up from Clare and was thinking about booking a hotel for Sun night, then leaving the car at the hotel and getting a taxi to/from it. Will traffic be so mental leaving that a taxi will cost fortune? What would be the best plan?

Cheers,
    Mel.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

mel.b wrote: »
    I've never been to Oxegen but got myself a ticket for Sunday to see Cold play. What is the situation with traffic & parking? I'll be travelling up from Clare and was thinking about booking a hotel for Sun night, then leaving the car at the hotel and getting a taxi to/from it. Will traffic be so mental leaving that a taxi will cost fortune? What would be the best plan?

Cheers,
    Mel.b

You could get the shuttle bus from Naas town out to Oxegen, it'd save you a lot of money on the taxi! I'm not sure if you pay for the shuttle bus, someone else will probably clarify though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

You are prob to late at this stage unless you contact any of the venders eg Abra etc who will be at it

Yeah I know i left it quite late, had a plan but it's backfired. Can't get in contact with who I had lined up :(
    Do you know any of the venders which will be up there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

What would people deem is enough for the 4 days? What are people's budget for the 4 days? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    You could get the shuttle bus from Naas town out to Oxegen, it'd save you a lot of money on the taxi! I'm not sure if you pay for the shuttle bus, someone else will probably clarify though. :)

The shuttle bus is free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Am I right in saying there'd be no issue in bringing the work van with mattress in the back, parking in the car park and sleppin in it.

Not looking to get into camper van area. Just really can't cope with camping.

Slept in the car a few years ago so I'm presuming nowt has changed? :confused:

Are you allowed to take your own drink into oxegen? Some saying now that your not? Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

:eek: It's been lovely!
    Has it? There was a proper storm in Cork the other night so I just assume it's like that everywhere :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

oddo wrote: »
    Are you allowed to take your own drink into oxegen? Some saying now that your not? Help!

Officially http://www.oxegen.ie/info/food-and-drink/

Can I bring alcohol to OXEGEN?

Alcohol is permitted in the campsite only. All liquids must be in plastic bottles or cans. No glass is allowed in the campsite but liquids can be transferred into plastic bottles at the bottle decanting stations at the entrance to the campsite.

So you can bring alcohol into the campsite? Once it isn't glass? So you can bring cans in???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigshtyler1

can you bring a fold-up wheelbarrow for carrying yer gear or is that considered a lethal weapon like an umbrella or a metal fork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

You can bring cans in. If you have something in a glass bottle, put it into a plastic bottle before you go.

Yeah, they'll let you bring a fold up wheelbarrow.

I can't really remember from other years, but do they have taps in the Arena place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

What's the story with bringing in bottles of water? Do they just make you take the cap off them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

leaveiton wrote: »
    What's the story with bringing in bottles of water? Do they just make you take the cap off them?

Yeah, they'll sniff it to make sure there's no booze in it. Just stick an extra cap down your sock and put it back on when you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Reading this thread has just got me so excited for Oxegen. Hopefully will be going down the complimentary ticket route this year again.

Tip for food, there's Subway and Dominos Pizza. There's cafes in Naas that will be doing oxegen breakfasts / deals etc and you really would be best off stuffing yourself and snacking on stuff for the rest of the day if your hungry. Those nature valley honey and oat bars are going to be my weapon of choice this year. Last year my mam made a bag full of pasta and sauce and i had some for breakfast and dinner each morning. Cold pasta is still nice to eat, i also had the benefit of an aunt in Naas who took us in on Saturday morning for a fry.

Keep an eye out in Dunnes too in the next few weeks, i don't drink so the 40 cartons of capri-sun i got for a tenner last year were a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Whats the story with hot water facilities, ive been there before but never used them last time and cant remember how it worked. Are theyre places you can get hot water? or will you have to get it in a store like Centra or Spar?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ConTheCat wrote: »

What work you looking for? pm me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

can you bring a fold-up wheelbarrow for carrying yer gear or is that considered a lethal weapon like an umbrella or a metal fork?

you can rent them at car park

Advertisement