Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Anyone know if the Nokia Stage will be in the blue camp this year? They have it under attractions on the website but I think that it's from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GFFABM

GFFABM wrote: »
    I bought a 3 day red campsite and red car park ticket. I then decided to stay in the green campsite. How much of a walk is it from the red car park to the green campsite?

Cheers!:D
    Anyone know?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

Oxegen '11 - Heineken Green Spheres line-up announced

Friday 8th July:
    Leftfield, Calvin Harris, Example, Whipping Boy, Bressie, Her Majesty & The Wolves, The Riptide Movement, Gypsies On The Autobahn and more to be announced.

Saturday 9th July:
    Brandon Flowers, The Vaccines, Professor Green, The Pretty Reckless, Cashier No.9, Fox Avenue, Evaline, Propaganda DJs.

Sunday 10th July:
    Primal Scream, Chase & Status, Crystal Castles, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, Ocean Colour Scene, The Saturdays, GROUPLOVE and more to be announced.

Source: http://www.heinekenmusic.ie/news/3910/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150289372250260&set=a.355295290259.199388.65633730259
    Evaline confirmed for the green spheres stage as well....
    "Please disregard Evaline from Line Up above - this was posted in error...sorry for any disappointment!" - Oxegen

Guess they don't realise there's an edit button :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

So was anybody else emailed and told to print the ticket themselves? I seem to be the only person I know of who had to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

NShadows wrote: »
    So was anybody else emailed and told to print the ticket themselves? I seem to be the only person I know of who had to...

Your given the option for the email or have the tickets emailed to you, i went for the email option myself, just easier!

Your given the option for the email or have the tickets emailed to you, i went for the email option myself, just easier!

So you'd say printing it out yourself is reliable enough yeah? Thank Christ for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

NShadows wrote: »
    So you'd say printing it out yourself is reliable enough yeah? Thank Christ for that...

Think of it somewhat as printing out your on airline tickets or picking them up at the airport!

Think of it somewhat as printing out your on airline tickets or picking them up at the airport!

Awesome, been worried about that all week cause I know of nobody else who's had to do it, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I bought a 3 day red campsite and red car park ticket. I then decided to stay in the green campsite. How much of a walk is it from the red car park to the green campsite?

It's quite a trek, you have to walk the entire length of the site, through the red site and then along side the blue site. With all your stuff it wouldn't be much fun. If there is anyway to change it to the blue car park I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know?:(

It's a fair distance cause you have to walk either through all of the blue camp or else all around the whole place. Probably would take 20 mins from the very back of the red camp - green camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Hi guys,
    How will I know if a ticket is genuine if I'm buying one off adverts or wherever?
    What should I look out for?

I've no reason to suspect they're fake but you can't be too careful...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    How will I know if a ticket is genuine if I'm buying one off adverts or wherever?
    What should I look out for?

I've no reason to suspect they're fake but you can't be too careful...

you could always go to your nearest Ticketmaster outlet and ask them to scan the ticket for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do they do that? re-selling tickets isn't allowed under their T&C so can't imagine they'd check if tickets where fake or not.

I haven't heard of fake ticketmaster tickets in years, the only "scam" that is heavly going on is when someone prints of loads of e-tickets and sells them on.

Yeah it'd just be a case of them scanning the barcode, like they do as you enter the Oxegen site, just to confirm in scans as a genuine ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghMcK

Yeah it'd just be a case of them scanning the barcode, like they do as you enter the Oxegen site, just to confirm in scans as a genuine ticket
    Yeah and if the guy is hesitant to let you do that then that would indicate he's got something to hide in which case walk away my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

I went last year but didn't bring any alcohol. I was going to bring alcohol this year and loads of people were telling me that I'd be grand if I just put it into something like a coke bottle. But I saw a girl last year got a coke bottle taken off her when they were checking her bag because it was full of vodka.

So how do you guys bring drink in? I'm not camping by the way.

I went last year but didn't bring any alcohol. I was going to bring alcohol this year and loads of people were telling me that I'd be grand if I just put it into something like a coke bottle. But I saw a girl last year got a coke bottle taken off her when they were checking her bag because it was full of vodka.

So how do you guys bring drink in? I'm not camping by the way.

Its almost impossible unless you get lucky to get it into the arena. Maybe fling something over the fence to a amte on the other side then march in empty handed

DarraghMcK wrote: »
    Its almost impossible unless you get lucky to get it into the arena. Maybe fling something over the fence to a amte on the other side then march in empty handed

Hmm, that could work. How about sticking a small bottle of vodka down my welly. They're hardly going to search my wellys would they? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Hmm, that could work. How about sticking a small bottle of vodka down my welly. They're hardly going to search my wellys would they? :D

That is my plan! :P

I should hope they wouldn't. I think your friend was referring to if you were camping because your not allowed bring any glass into the festival. I'm trying the old slight of hand trick. In front of the steward visibly throw your pretty much empty can into the bin, meanwhile have drink stashed on your person. Worked last year as they're very unlikely to search again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I learned a trick when i was at Pukkelpop and if you are wearing a hoody throw a bottle or few cans in that and walk straight threw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Flabangav wrote: »
    That is my plan! :P

They always check your wellies..it's the most obvious place to check obv.

Also your crotch and bum are patted down.

You're lucky to get away with it if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

A hip flask in my shorts worked for me last year. No exceptions.
    Ended up getting rotten though as I'm not used to drinking rum straight :D
    You do hear stories of people being lucky with regular bottles or cans but they are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I learned a trick when i was at Pukkelpop and if you are wearing a hoody throw a bottle or few cans in that and walk straight threw :D

So your trick is to put the drink in your hoody?

Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

In my experience its the same every year.... they check early on in the day when the amount of people heading in to the arena is lower and they can check everyone without stifling the flow of people too much. Later on though when there's droves of folk heading in they do very little checking, and you'd be grand walking through with a bit of drink on you. Obviously not a feckin crate of cans but a few or a coke bottle of spirits and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

I remember beside one of the turnstyle things for one dayers it was fairly easy to just throw a bag full of drink over a fence there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Horgan wrote: »
    So your trick is to put the drink in your hoody?

Genius!

Yup it worked for me , but sadly my drink was taken off me straight after due to not realising that their were still security even after going throw the lines. Learned then to not take the drink out till a few yards after

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭sabrewulf

callaway92 wrote: »
    [...] Also your crotch and bum are patted down. [...]

Yeah, sure. I believe there is not a single country where this is legally possible. They can't and won't do that. If they do, feel free to defend yourself and tell them not to sexually harass you.

I was just thinking I could dress up as a paramedic and have a few IV drip bags filled with vodka :D What are the chances of sailing in a back entrance like that :P haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Anyone else agree Primal Scream should be on Picnic and not Oxegen?. Have a feeling the young crowd won't appreciate the Screamadelica album.

Advertisement