Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Your loss. I'll definitely be going if they are.
    +1 right here. Metallica and the Foos should help get rid of the irritating crowd element a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That link is coming up as a "404 Not Found". Was it a reliable source??
    Is this the same place that says Faith No More will be at TITP???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That link is coming up as a "404 Not Found". Was it a reliable source??
    Is this the same place that says Faith No More will be at TITP???

Yup all the picks i had were taking from that

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

That picture of Metallica wasn't even the current line-up, doubt it's real. Also some FNM fansite have claimed that the band have informed them that it is a hoax.

Edit: just looking on efests and they have said that the metallica rumours are false.

nommm wrote: »
    That picture of Metallica wasn't even the current line-up, doubt it's real. Also some FNM fansite have claimed that the band have informed them that it is a hoax.

Edit: just looking on efests and they have said that the metallica rumours are false.

Yeah i read about the Metallica pic, it showed Jason and not Rob. Which is fairly daft TBH. I could see Metallica playin Marley Park or the RDS, but i doubt they would play Oxegen/TITP. As for Faith No More, I found it hard to believe, but ya never know.

Also, aren't Metallica planning a 2011 tour to rival the Pink Floyd "The Wall" tour?? This would lead me back to my point above about them headlining there own gig in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Erm definitely not going to Oxegen if Metallica are playing....

bit of a ridiculous statement there. You wont go to a festival because of ONE band?

maximoose wrote: »
    bit of a ridiculous statement there. You wont go to a festival because of ONE band?

Yeah that's just silly. I remember 2008 when RATM were playing. The crowd around that weekend (especially on the Sunday) was amazing. There was a great atmosphere as there seemed to be more actual music fans there, that scummer-trouble makers.

The likes of Foos & Metallica would greatly help bring back this type of atmosphere.

Yeah that's just silly. I remember 2008 when RATM were playing. The crowd around that weekend (especially on the Sunday) was amazing. There was a great atmosphere as there seemed to be more actual music fans there, that scummer-trouble makers.

The likes of Foos & Metallica would greatly help bring back this type of atmosphere.
    Its amazing how noticable the difference actually is. MOAR METAL!!!

Unfortunately there's bound to be at least one rap/hip hop artist that'll massively attract scummers :mad:

Unfortunately there's bound to be at least one rap/hip hop artist that'll massively attract scummers :mad:
    To war!

• Advertisement

I don't mind having a couple of Hip-Hop acts.......it's like anything. If i dont like it, i wont go see it. But i must admit, i did relaly enjoy Eminem, Faithless and Dizzee Rascal this year.

But, just have a Hip-hop/R'n'B themed stage for them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Nice generalisation. I'd like to see a few Hip hop artists there and I'm not a 'scummer'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nice generalisation. I'd like to see a few Hip hop artists there and I'm not a 'scummer'.

Did he say all Hip-Hop fans were scummers?
    I like Hip-Hop and I'm not a scummer, but I know a lot of scummers who would go to Oxegen just to see Jay-Z, Eminem or B.o.B, all of whom I'd love to see.
    I hope to God Metallica play, I don't particularly like them, I'd probably have a quick look at them, but it'd definately stop some knackers from going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Metallica don't intend on touring much next year as they have an album to write, i wouldn't mind them headlining. Foo fighters won't attract a great atmosphere, but there music is certainly much more 'Mr and Misses Ford mondeo' which will be a much more pleasent crowd than the one the Enimen pulled. It was a shame watching Faithless and people just standing there kicking mud at eachother, waiting for insomnia.

Metallica don't intend on touring much next year

From what i've been hearing, it's the total opposite. They are apparently planning a Huge tour next year that is supposed to rival the Pink Floyd - The Wall Tour. Nothing definate yet, but they are gonna do the usual Summer Festival circuit anyway, if that will include Oxegen is yet to be seen.

MCD or whoevers in charge could really take a page out of TITP's book by announcing a big act or 2 before the Pre-sale Xmas tickets go on sale.

From what i've been hearing, it's the total opposite. They are apparently planning a Huge tour next year that is supposed to rival the Pink Floyd - The Wall Tour. Nothing definate yet, but they are gonna do the usual Summer Festival circuit anyway, if that will include Oxegen is yet to be seen.

MCD or whoevers in charge could really take a page out of TITP's book by announcing a big act or 2 before the Pre-sale Xmas tickets go on sale.

There is only going to be 10 dates in the whole world of this tour. The only other gig confirmed so far is Rock in Rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i went for the sunday last year just for eminem, waited 5hours to see him and get up to the very top....i am not a scummer

i went for the sunday last year just for eminem, waited 5hours to see him and get up to the very top....i am not a scummer

Nobody said you were.

thats what the general consensus seems to be. hiphop=scummer . i love and admire his music more than any of ye love foo and thats all i, and many other hiphop fans go for.

thats what the general consensus seems to be. hiphop=scummer . i love and admire his music more than any of ye love foo and thats all i, and many other hiphop fans go for.

I think people understand that not everyone who listens to Rap/Hip-hip is a scummer or just out ot cause trouble. But there is no denying, when bands like Rage, Foo fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, etc. are playing, the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed.

• Advertisement

I think people understand that not everyone who listens to Rap/Hip-hip is a scummer or just out ot cause trouble. But there is no denying, when bands like Rage, Foo fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, etc. are playing, the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed.

agreed.

Nothing generalising at all about my post. I never said all hip hop fans are scum, i'm a fan myself, but guaranteed if Eminem and Jay-Z weren't on the bill last year then there would have been half the amount of skangers at oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

If Metallica and Faith No More are announced tomorrow for either T In The Park or Oxegen I will be writing to personally congratulate the promoters for once

If Metallica and Faith No More are announced tomorrow for either T In The Park or Oxegen I will be writing to personally congratulate the promoters for once

Dont get your hopes up ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

On the efestivals forum an efestivals rep has said that metallica are not playing T in the Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Foo fighters/Blink co-headline
    The Strokes/Arctic Monkeys co-headline or Pulp/The Strokes or arctic monkeys
    Radiohead/portishead

i'd love to be bang on with this one.

bren2001 wrote: »
    On the efestivals forum an efestivals rep has said that metallica are not playing T in the Park.

Sonisphere UK is set to announce it's first "mind blowing headline act" at 11am today. The announcement will also proceed ticket sales which are expected to be on sale at 9am on Monday.

Sonisphere UK have confirmed they will be adopting a deposit scheme on tickets for the 3rd year running.

The headliners for the festival were expected to be announced at 6pm on Monday, but this has been pushed forward, possibly due to T In The Park rumours....we don't know! Find out at 9am and 11am

Sonisphere UK is set to announce it's first "mind blowing headline act" at 11am today. The announcement will also proceed ticket sales which are expected to be on sale at 9am on Monday.

Sonisphere UK have confirmed they will be adopting a deposit scheme on tickets for the 3rd year running.

The headliners for the festival were expected to be announced at 6pm on Monday, but this has been pushed forward, possibly due to T In The Park rumours....we don't know! Find out at 9am and 11am

awesome, I was intending to go sonisphere this year as my brothers is doing his junior cert, so no download. Gutted they moved to oxegen weekend. Ima say they've got ozzy and.... Hmm maybe the big 4.

so far no word on any other conformation on T in the Park rumours

• Advertisement

Slipknot confirmed for Sonisphere

Advertisement