Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Anyone else agree Primal Scream should be on Picnic and not Oxegen?. Have a feeling the young crowd won't appreciate the Screamadelica album.

its a classic album and i consider myself young enough. i say they will get a crowd of about 2000 to their gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Anyone else agree Primal Scream should be on Picnic and not Oxegen?. Have a feeling the young crowd won't appreciate the Screamadelica album.

Yes! They could have headlined the EP, instead of playing some two-bit slot at Poxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

We'll trade you Primal Scream for Boys Noize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

B00MSTICK wrote: »

Hmmm yeah okay! Throw in Royseven too:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

B00MSTICK wrote: »

Boys Noize:confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Yes! They could have headlined the EP, instead of playing some two-bit slot at Poxegen.

They were one of the headliners a couple of years ago at the EP, so that might have something to do with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They prob decided on Oxegen cause they prob get more money and i think they will get a decent crowd at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Does anyone know if there are bus companies going from Cork to Oxegen that charge less than Kellys? 50 euro return is an absolute rip tbf, and I'm sure it was only 30 last year. Or are there any non-bus forms of transport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Namlub wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are bus companies going from Cork to Oxegen that charge less than Kellys? 50 euro return is an absolute rip tbf, and I'm sure it was only 30 last year. Or are there any non-bus forms of transport?

You could get the train to Dublin, a bus to Naas and the shuttle bus from Naas to Punchestown, although that'd probably just end up costing you the same amount of money and it's far more inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

We are going with Barrys Travel, €30 return :)Link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Any ideas if Propaganda will be playing the thursday like last year or if Eclectic Method will be back like in 09?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Anyone any idea if the weather wil be nice or not for the festival this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

cailindana wrote: »

Eh? It's in two weeks time. The forecasters have bother enough figuring out the weather two days ahead!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

cailindana wrote: »
    If I knew that, id be doing the lotto also, and pre ordering my new car, new bigger house, and a long áss holiday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Seriously thinking of getting a ticket last minute for this just to see Tyler The Creator and Odd Future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Seriously thinking of getting a ticket last minute for this just to see Tyler The Creator and Odd Future.

playing in dublin in august. 23rd or 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

lordgoat wrote: »
    playing in dublin in august. 23rd or 24th.

Ah, nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Anyone know if the Nokia Stage will be in the blue camp this year? They have it under attractions on the website but I think that it's from last year.

Its removed from the attractions section now man dont think its gona b der :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Is the nokia stage not going to be there this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0622/oxegen.html
    Guess that means no footage on mtv again this year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I am 60/40 in favour of not going to Oxegen this year. Just not as pumped for it as I was the last couple of years. Who knows though, might end up in the spur of the moment getting a ticket

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0622/oxegen.html
    Guess that means no footage on mtv again this year :(

Well 2fm will only have the live music and no actual footage. Still think we will get the same as last year and crap hour of footage on QTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Can you change the 3 day tickets for 4 day at the box office at Oxegen?

Waterford doesn't have a ticketmaster unit.. :/

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Can you change the 3 day tickets for 4 day at the box office at Oxegen?

Waterford doesn't have a ticketmaster unit.. :/
    I think it's only at the outlets. Come to the the one in Cork tbh :*

Also random question, how do people bring dry shampoo if aerosols aren't allowed?

I think it's only at the outlets. Come to the the one in Cork tbh :*

Also random question, how do people bring dry shampoo if aerosols aren't allowed?

I think you can at the door according to Oxegen site.. harsh luck for you

Is aerosol deodorant? I CAN'T BRING DEODORANT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

Lads, does anyone know if ticketmaster outlets in Dublin are still selling tickets?

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I think you can at the door according to Oxegen site.. harsh luck for you

Is aerosol deodorant? I CAN'T BRING DEODORANT?

I hope it doesn't work and you end up sleeping in a hole in the ground...why didn't you just get a 4-day ticket?

Yeh, I'll have to bring a roll-on even though I hate them. I need dry shampoo though. Need it.

I hope it doesn't work and you end up sleeping in a hole in the ground...why didn't you just get a 4-day ticket?

Yeh, I'll have to bring a roll-on even though I hate them. I need dry shampoo though. Need it.

Nah I have a 4 day, my friends don't.. We found out there's a Ticketmaster in Dungarvan though so tis grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just finished watching Coldplay at Glastonbury and took note of the setlist.

Maybe we can expect something along these lines for Oxegen??

1. MX
    2. Yellow
    3. In My Place
    4. Lost!
    5. Major Minus
    6. The Scientist
    7. Shiver
    8. Violet Hill
    9. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
    10. Everything's Not Lost
    11. Us Against The World
    12. Viva la Vida
    13. Charlie Brown
    14. Life is for Living
    15. Clocks
    16. What A Wonderful World (snippet) / Fix You
    17. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

• Advertisement

I'd say it's possible we might get a Beyonce/Chris Martin duet! as per Halo that they dueted on last year. :D

Advertisement